A little irritated with Victory - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
... So what's you guys opinion? Mine is that Victory or the dealer owes me $1000 in accessories or $1000 refund on the accessories I already paid for.
I think you're learning a $1,000 lesson here. If it's not on the contract, it never happened. Doesn't matter what you're promised verbally, or what is implied, if it's not printed on the purchase contract, with black ink on white paper, it never happened. It's up to the dealer to give you the $1,000 off and since it wasn't part of the contract you have signed, you will never get the $1,000. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - next time you purchase a bike/car/boat, always make sure everything promised is on the contract. If it's not, do not take delivery (which is what finalizes and seals the deal).

As mentioned before, this has nothing to do with Victory - this is just your local dealer pulling a fast one on you (with or without their knowledge).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Jay

I know legally they probably don't owe me anything and I'll probably never see anything, the lesson learned is what kind company I'm dealing with. I really don't think it's the dealer that gave the wrong info. I believe the dealer when he tells me the info came from the Vic rep, and as far as I'm concerned the rep is Victory. I guess I should not have trusted what I was being told, that is why I got it in writing although I understand legally that doesn't mean much.

I got a great deal on a great bike, however I don't like being given the wrong information either accidentally or intentionally. I forwarded the email from the dealer to Victory, we'll see what they decide to do about it.

I guess if you consider this being greedy I was also greedy for taking the $2000 rebate and 5 year warranty?
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
TNXR

Did you get any money off the bike besides the $2000 rebate? A couple of the dealers I talked with before I got mine a couple of weeks ago were willing to knock another $1500 or so off on top of the Red Tag rebates.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #14
Azdave

Write a letter to Victory, send it Fed ex, follow up with a phone call. I bet they honor it
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #15
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
Did you get any money off the bike besides the $2000 rebate? A couple of the dealers I talked with before I got mine a couple of weeks ago were willing to knock another $1500 or so off on top of the Red Tag rebates.
Yes, I got about $1500 off on top of the rebate, then added a bunch of accessories. I would have added additional accessories with the coupon.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
Jay

Default Issue Resolved

Got and email from Polaris today, they are going to honor the coupon. They said I should hear from my dealer in the next few days and will have an accessory credit.

Glad they took care of this and the relationship is not starting off on the wrong foot.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
8BallHammer

Garage

I bought my bike, and after signing papers, they told me that they were having demo days a week later, and would post-date my paperwork so that I could get $500 in parts & accessories. My dealership came through for me.
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

not sent from my iPhone

God helps those who help themselves....
Democrats, and my taxes help the rest.
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #18
KingpinRider

Quote:
Got and email from Polaris today, they are going to honor the coupon. They said I should hear from my dealer in the next few days and will have an accessory credit.

Glad they took care of this and the relationship is not starting off on the wrong foot.
Congrats! Enjoy the bike. I was able to use the $1000 accessory coupon on my Kingpin. The dealership that sponsors a test ride, pays for the Victory truck to be there. Smart dealers stamp the coupon with their dealership name and it becomes incentive to pull the trigger within the duration of the coupon (7-14 days?) at that dealership. I would have never added all the accessories that the coupon provided for, so I'm happy. Always worth driving for the best deal in town in my book. And if it doesn't happen in town, drive a few miles.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
Lem
Lifetime Premium

That's why you always wait until final resolution (be it bad or good) before you decide/say the company is a bad apple

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #20
ndabunka

Quote:

Congrats, nice to see them doing the right thing. ENJOY IT!

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Klockwerks Windshield, Garage Door Mod, Custom Ness Highway Pegs, Ness Thunderheader slip on's, PC-V
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement