X/C Insurance quotes - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
ladyridr

Agents can advise you on limits etc. Many times the direct call companies want to issue with state limits- which can be much lower than you need for your protection.

In Iowa liability limits required to protect the other party are 20,000 per person bodily injury, 40,000 per accident with $15,000 property damage. Not much if you happen to cause an accident. I know we always think it will be a car that cause an incident but what if you cause an accident to someone you are riding with. Doesn't take much of a bike anymore to exceed $15,000 if it is totaled. $20,000 doesn't cover much of a hospital stay either.

I don't know how it works in other states but Uninsured Motorist and Underinsured motorist are a must as far as I am concerned. Too many drivers don't have or don't have enough limits to cover me if I am injured.

Dixie

2012 Sunset Red Crossroads
2010 Black Crossroads - Traded
ladyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #22
SgtStress

I have a stand alone policy with Geico that for me was by far the cheapest available. The policy includes maximum coverages with low deductibles for $279 a year. Progessive gave me a $388 a year quote with higher deductibles and no roadside assistance. I have State Farm auto and homeowners insurance, but they quoted me nearly $600 a year. So much for 28 years of customer loyalty at SF. Their motorcycle quote made me want to switch my auto/home to another company. Unfortunately, no one could come close to SF for those other policies. Just have to keep playing the numbers game with everything I guess?
Ness Rad III mirrors
Ness Big Honkers exhaust
Ness Big Shot 2 fuel tuner
Victory Performance air filter
SgtStress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #23
ladyridr

Independent agents write for more than one company. So they are able to compare rates at multiple companies. State Farm is considered a captive so they can only issue policies through State Farm. Rates can be different at each company as you found out.

Dixie

2012 Sunset Red Crossroads
2010 Black Crossroads - Traded
ladyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #24
9secondsflat

I have a multi bike policy...XC and others are listed as pleasure not work...XC costs 17 a year.
1976 Yamaha RD350
1977 Suzuki RM125
1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1997 Honda CBR1100 XX
2000 Turbo Hayabusa
2001 Suzuki GSXR1000
2009 Victory Hammer S
2008 Yamaha Wr250x
2009 Kawasaki 650R
2010 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
2007 KTM 950 SM

Current bikes- 2010 Victory XC and ZX14, Triumph Carpenter Rocket 243 rwhp/193 ft/lbs tq at the tire.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #25
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
Just finished up getting quotes from GEICO and Progressive for a 2011 X/C. I called GEICO first because they insure my current bike. They came in at $364.00 per year. Progressive came in at $239.00 per year. The coverage and deductibles are the same. I was really surprised Progressive came in $125.00 below the Gecko.

I've been with GEICO with my last two street bikes, but I'm willing to switch. Has anyone else had the same experience while comparing the two Insurers?
I had the opposite experience, I have been with USAA for years and years, and when insuring my star-950 was through progressiveforusaamembers.com which is a partnership between the two companies. My insurance on my 950 I think was $17/month for full coverage, but when I added my XCT they wanted $120/month So I said to myself what the hell, and shopped around and ended up switching all my vehicles over to Geico for a savings of about $1400/year for all 5 vehicles. (Mostly on the XCT with a few dollars here and there on the other vehicles). I saved I think like 27% but it took me more than 15 minutes

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #26
Pckrfan

I have Progressive and I love 'me. They have looked after me pretty darn well when I succumbed to a dumb cager's u turn move.
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:30 AM   #27
TNXR

I am also using Progressive. When I got my Suzuki 4 years ago StateFarm charged me $425 for that first year. Got online after that year and signed up for progressive for $185 a year and now it has dropped to $135. The big shock came when I got online to insure my XR. It is costing me $340 a year to insure it! I know the bike is newer and worth about 4 times what my 06 M50 is but still. May have to see what Geico will quote me.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #28
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
I am also using Progressive. When I got my Suzuki 4 years ago StateFarm charged me $425 for that first year. Got online after that year and signed up for progressive for $185 a year and now it has dropped to $135. The big shock came when I got online to insure my XR. It is costing me $340 a year to insure it! I know the bike is newer and worth about 4 times what my 06 M50 is but still. May have to see what Geico will quote me.
$340 is pretty cheap, especially if that's a year around price and you live in an area warm enough to take advantage of it (and I think you do).

Having ridden on the street for about 30 years now, I've been fortunate to have only suffered through a couple of minor mishaps. In both cases, my insurers were easy to work with and got things done pronto, those being State Farm and Progressive.

The last one covered by Progressive cost them about 15 years worth of premiums at your current rate. They even covered my helmet. And they didn't even raise my rates.

There is something to be said for getting what you pay for.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #29
TNXR

I guess your right, still seems like a big jump in price but I think it is probably because of the larger CC difference more than the value. I am fortunate enough to not have had a single wreck (that I reported anyway) in my 20 years of driving and no speeding tickets in about 10 years plus good credit so that helps keep it low. I do get to drive nearly year around, temperatures in this part of the country can vary greatly week by week. I usually even get a few rides in during the winter because it is not uncommon to have a few 70 degree days in January and February but as long as it is above 40 degrees I am usually out there.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:06 AM   #30
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
I guess your right, still seems like a big jump in price but I think it is probably because of the larger CC difference more than the value. I am fortunate enough to not have had a single wreck (that I reported anyway) in my 20 years of driving and no speeding tickets in about 10 years plus good credit so that helps keep it low. I do get to drive nearly year around, temperatures in this part of the country can vary greatly week by week. I usually even get a few rides in during the winter because it is not uncommon to have a few 70 degree days in January and February but as long as it is above 40 degrees I am usually out there.
Sub liter bikes are cheap to insure, once you cross 1000cc it shoots up in price, just like all the damn V8 engines I love to buy in my cars.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement