review for 7 jurock flip windshield - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 10-16-2012, 02:13 AM   #1
txcanvasback

Default review for 7 jurock flip windshield

ok im 6ft, 32 inseam. dont wear helment just glasses and have jtd lowers installed. got lucky and ordered 11in flip tinted and is perfect fit. wind hits middle of forehead above the glasses, measuring from seat to my forehead is 32.5 inches, perfect for me. They sent me a stock 9in to try. difference between stock 9in and flip 9in was wind flow moved up about 2.5 inches.stock 9in hit me right at base of nose, flip brought to top of nose. basically flip moves wind flow up 2.5 inches. Sonya with 7jurock is great with customer service and was a real pleasure doing business with them. pricing is reasonable too. highly recommend this product.
pcv
adjustable timing gear
lloyds air filter
d&d slip ons
1/4 turn throttle ring
txcanvasback is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
Vortex1x

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Vortex1x

I have a 14" flip and love it. Sonya provides awesome customer service.

2012 Victory Cross Country Black
7Jurock 14" flip windshield w/ light gray tint
Victory Stage 1 mufflers
saddlebag liners

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T (traded)
Vortex1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #3
webbiker

I just bought my XC and am grappling with the wind over the short windshield it came with. I'm curious, why is the wind hitting you mid-forehead acceptable? Wouldn't you rather it go over the top of your head? Or do you like it for the "cooling" effect?
webbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
txcanvasback

i dont like looking through a windshield, i dont wear a helment unless its 40 or below, i just wear sunglasses, long as they dont jump around on my face im happy, especially over 100 mph, wife like to go fast! I rode a rs warrior, 04, pc3, V&H pipes, big air kit till 2012. Sold to my son in law. put cams,pc5, lloyds air cleaner, timing gear, and dynoed my 2012 CC-we both were 2up from 5mph rolling start and I out ran him, that put a smile on my face-
pcv
adjustable timing gear
lloyds air filter
d&d slip ons
1/4 turn throttle ring
txcanvasback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
dtmmil
Premium Member

webbiker, how tall are you? I am 6'3 and I have a klockwerx flare on mine and I am pretty happy with it, I could use a slightly taller one, but it works good for now. I think its 11" tall, would have to measure. But from my experience with what I have, if you are around that 6' mark the klockwerx would work, the air hits me at about the top of my helmet. On windy days I have a little more wind, but no where near as bad as the stock one.
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
webbiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmmil View Post
webbiker, how tall are you? I am 6'3 and I have a klockwerx flare on mine and I am pretty happy with it, I could use a slightly taller one, but it works good for now. I think its 11" tall, would have to measure. But from my experience with what I have, if you are around that 6' mark the klockwerx would work, the air hits me at about the top of my helmet. On windy days I have a little more wind, but no where near as bad as the stock one.
I'm 5'9. I currently look through my windshield on my Kawi Vulcan to minimize buffeting but would prefer to look over it. I LOVE the view over the OEM shorty screen on the XC but there's WAY too much air hitting me. I figure I'll be getting the JTD Lowers but as to which windscreen, that's still up in the air. Does the "flair" bother you with distortion?
webbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #7
Vortex1x

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Vortex1x

The "Flip" does take a little getting used to. But it only affects a small specific section of the wind shield.

2012 Victory Cross Country Black
7Jurock 14" flip windshield w/ light gray tint
Victory Stage 1 mufflers
saddlebag liners

2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50T (traded)
Vortex1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
dtmmil
Premium Member

I look plenty over the top of the windshield so the distortion doesn't bother me, but I could see if a person had to look at it that it would. If you would be looking over the shield I think you would be good to go.
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement