Now I dun did it! PLUS...my 1st post! - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
gibson
Lifetime Premium

Like it and the color just pops. Many a safe miles..
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #12
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

GREAT looking bike! You really got what you wanted and that is going to make the ride home even better. Pick up a tube of bengay for the soar jaw muscles because you will be smiling ear to ear nonstop for at least 500 miles off the bat. Lol. That was my experience bringing mine back from GA.

Read up on the IPod playlist selection steps, it's a little weird and you don't want to be trying to figure it out on the road. You can download the owners manual from Vic's website. Pm me if you have a problem. It made good reading on the flight over. Also, choose your breaking style now. A couple good posts on here since you will be doing it on the road. Last note I can think of for your ride home is fueling. On the kickstand lookin into the tank, let it rest a minute after it tops for the crossover to transfer to the left side. You can easily get another 1/2 gallon or a ll more this way. The gauge on mine seemed to be fairly accurate with about 1 gallon when it hits red with the light on. That's my experience anyway.

Have a great trip
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #13
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

Thanks! I didn't think this all the way through. 2 cars, 3 bikes, and the Bushtec in the 3 car garage (along with normal garage crap). Gonna be tight to say the least. Maybe I can store the trailer up on the lift?
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #14
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike View Post
Thanks! I didn't think this all the way through. 2 cars, 3 bikes, and the Bushtec in the 3 car garage (along with normal garage crap). Gonna be tight to say the least. Maybe I can store the trailer up on the lift?
Ha! I forgot about that. I kept my TC so was faced with the same delema.... You should see how I got the TC wedged in... I also did some soul searching on what I needed in my garage. My neighbor couldn't believe I got both bikes, roll away tool box, bench and the VV in there while still having room to work at the bench and can ride straight in. Again, enjoy the ride home! OH for a temp GPS mount I used the suction up cradle that came with my nuvi and the accy plug in the left tank compartment. Stuck it right below the ignition after cleaning the console and moistening the cup. Did not bridge in over 800 miles.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 11-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #15
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I've been trying to think of the best way to hold the phone (since I use it as a GPS etc) for the trip home.

My first thought was to get a square patch of "clear Bra" and stick it to the black panel below the key. Then I can use RED backed double sided tape to hold on a mount to that clear bra until I figure a better way.

Or (after the square clear bra in place) industrial strength velcro to the back of my iphone case then to the area below the key.

I haven't discovered the viewing angle yet to know exactly which method is best. If placing it flat on that area below the key works, then that an easy thing to do.

It's hard to get the right method without having the bike in hand. Guessing on functionality afar is tricky.

The suction method didn't harm the finish in the end?
Old 11-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

No not at all. Mad sure the cup was clean. I don't kow if you have time but check out gpscity.com for mounting components. If not for the ride for after. Good selection and prices. Delivery was prompt for me.

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 11-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #17
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

Thanks. I'll take a look.
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 11-04-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #18
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I think you find you spend a lot more time at gas stations that you would like because of all the people coming up to ask about your new bike.

Very cool! Big Congrats on getting one of the finest bikes made. She not only looks good; she rides even better than she looks.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Congrats on your new purchase!

Saw one of these Ness beauty's at my local dealer this summer. IMO, one of the best looking two-wheelers on the planet.

Enjoy every mile!

2014 Sonic Blue/Silver XCT
Lloydz VM1-DR Cams/ATS/Air Filter/.25 Turn/PCV/Vic BlkTip Tri-Ovals/Tuned by KMC Powersports: 111/112 CR's H/L HID Kit/Glenda LED's/Hyperlites/Stebel Air Horn/Vic Black Billet Floorboards/Primary&Cam Cover

2011 XC-Traded
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I feel more and more like my ride home is gonna be awesome! I land at 3:45, hope to be on the road by 5:30. Planning on 300 miles that night (thurs). 600 on Friday then 500 on Sat. I expect upper 50's to low 70's by the time I get home. Here's hoping anyway. Looking good by the forecasts.

I decided on getting a dash bag by Dragon Bob. Don't know if it's know about here or not but I came across it on another forum. I'm getting one with a phone mount on the face so I don't have to deal with a phone mount until I get home and have the time to research (if I'll need one now).

If you want to know more about it I can point you towards it. If its old need here, oops!

I'm loosing sleep over this trip. I can't friggen wait!

Thanks for the info on the iPod stuff and the humorous facts (gas station and needing some Bengay). You guys have been great.

I'll post up as I go with pics if anyone cares.
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 11-04-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement