Transmission - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
george

Default Transmission

Need help last 2 times i was out with my bike.when i pulled away in first gear hard on the gas it shifted into second by itself .if i go easy i have to shift it normal.So the question is will i have to get the trans opened up.the worst with this is i don't have a dealer around here but have couple guys that wrench on all kinds bikes they just never had the pleasure of working on a victory.O it's a 2008 vegas any luck Kevinx will see this thanks george
george is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
george

Default trans

Can any one help?
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #3
Speedblue

Lots of miles on bike? Are you sure you aren't bumping the shifter? I have done in out of habit on lots of bikes, that is shifting into second without clutching, just let off and nudge the shifter.Just an idea. Never really heard of one popping into second on its own.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
george

Default trans

Thanks for the reply.Had the bike 4 years with 20000 miles never did it before.never touched the shifter hopefully some one on here can help me and i don't have to tear it all apart thanks george
Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
ridealittle

never have seen that in any bike. im pretty sure if somethings not hitting the shifter, you have some major issues.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

New steel toe boots?
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement