New speakers, Plasti-dip airwings and headlight bezel - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Jagular

Default New speakers, Plasti-dip airwings and headlight bezel

Well, it wasn't all bad news for me this week, even with the crappy OEM center stand fiasco.

I had a couple of days to do some mods, as well.

I upgraded my front speakers from 5.25 to 6.5. I went with the JL Audio C2 650x speakers. I used the the 6.5' speaker adapter for HD from Cycle Sounds, http://www.cyclesounds.com/index.php...roducts_id=215, as the adapter rings. With my Rockford Fosgate mini-amp, these 6.5" speakers are noticeably louder and clearer. What would've been a 10 or 11 speaker volume is now a 6 or a 7 and I don't have any distortion. The fairing fit was tight but it worked.

Also, I used Plasti-dip spray on my airwings and headlight bezel. This stuff is amazing (and the fumes are friggin' toxic!). But they came out great. I've already ordered (back-ordered) the factory black headlight bezel and was tired of waiting so I decided to do my current bezel in black with the Plasti-dip. The great thing is that I can easily remove the black coating and return the headlight to chrome when my black one arrives so I can swap if I decide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0185.jpg (27.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0187.jpg (30.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0188.jpg (46.8 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0190.jpg (40.3 KB, 50 views)

'13 Cadillac ATS, 2.0L Turbo Premium, blue with black interior

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'12 Nissan Leaf SL - red

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

'01 Honda Magna, black, too much to list
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #2
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Looks great!

2014 Sonic Blue/Silver XCT
Lloydz VM1-DR Cams/ATS/Air Filter/.25 Turn/PCV/Vic BlkTip Tri-Ovals/Tuned by KMC Powersports: 111/112 CR's H/L HID Kit/Glenda LED's/Hyperlites/Stebel Air Horn/Vic Black Billet Floorboards/Primary&Cam Cover

2011 XC-Traded
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #3
kmoulds

Hey they look great. I'd stick to the head light surround with the plasti Dip. Thanks for for pics. A picture speaks a thousand words.

Cheers Kym
kmoulds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
9secondsflat

do you need to remove the fairing to mount the amp or can you go in from the front headlight, plug and play? thanks

also you say you went to a 6.5" speaker but the ones you have listed are 6 3/4" according to crutchfield...what am I missing???

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XLUbqu3...o-C2-650X.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
Well, it wasn't all bad news for me this week, even with the crappy OEM center stand fiasco.

I had a couple of days to do some mods, as well.

I upgraded my front speakers from 5.25 to 6.5. I went with the JL Audio C2 650x speakers. I used the the 6.5' speaker adapter for HD from Cycle Sounds, http://www.cyclesounds.com/index.php...roducts_id=215, as the adapter rings. With my Rockford Fosgate mini-amp, these 6.5" speakers are noticeably louder and clearer. What would've been a 10 or 11 speaker volume is now a 6 or a 7 and I don't have any distortion. The fairing fit was tight but it worked.

Also, I used Plasti-dip spray on my airwings and headlight bezel. This stuff is amazing (and the fumes are friggin' toxic!). But they came out great. I've already ordered (back-ordered) the factory black headlight bezel and was tired of waiting so I decided to do my current bezel in black with the Plasti-dip. The great thing is that I can easily remove the black coating and return the headlight to chrome when my black one arrives so I can swap if I decide.
1976 Yamaha RD350
1977 Suzuki RM125
1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1997 Honda CBR1100 XX
2000 Turbo Hayabusa
2001 Suzuki GSXR1000
2009 Victory Hammer S
2008 Yamaha Wr250x
2009 Kawasaki 650R
2010 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
2007 KTM 950 SM

Current bikes- 2010 Victory XC and ZX14, Triumph Carpenter Rocket 243 rwhp/193 ft/lbs tq at the tire.

Last edited by 9secondsflat; 11-05-2012 at 05:11 AM.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #5
Jagular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
do you need to remove the fairing to mount the amp or can you go in from the front headlight, plug and play? thanks
Nope, you'll have to take off the outer fairing and that is really easy: remove the windshield, the front headlight assembly, the speaker covers, then remove something like eight screws, pull from the bottom to loosen the fairing, then pull from the top to unseat it, pop the connectors off of the turn signal cables and your outer fairing is off!

Quote:
also you say you went to a 6.5" speaker but the ones you have listed are 6 3/4" according to crutchfield...what am I missing???

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XLUbqu3...o-C2-650X.html
A quarter of an inch.

You're right. They're 6.75". Even better.

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'12 Nissan Leaf SL - red

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

Old 11-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #6
visionjohnny

Jagular
Say what do you think of the air wings. Do they cut buffeting way down. Are the good in the hot weather.

Your painting looks good glade you made the effort to be different.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Jagular

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Jagular
Say what do you think of the air wings. Do they cut buffeting way down. Are the good in the hot weather.

Your painting looks good glade you made the effort to be different.
The air wings work great in conjunction with the factory lowers. There's a particularly bad area of wind and traffic chop on I-580 here. If I leave the air wings open, with my lower windshield, the one in the pictures, I can still get some buffeting through that area (otherwise, I get clean air, without turbulence). If I shut the air wings in that area, I get zero buffeting. It's, frankly, amazing at how well they work.

'12 Nissan Leaf SL - red

Sponsored Links
Advertisement