Stage 1 vs Fuel controller - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #1
johnah5

Default Stage 1 vs Fuel controller

I want to upgrade and either get the stage 1 flash or lloydz fuel controller. They are fairly close in cost after you add the dealer charge to install the stage 1. I have no interest in cams etc so wanted to know if there is a difference of note?

I rode a bike with the stage 1 flash and it was a nice boost in power.

Thanks
John
2012 XC Adam Bombs
johnah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Speedblue

Default Stage 1

I had it recently done to my XR. I had been running with the o2s disconnected which seemed to help richen it up a bit and run better to me. The stage 1 seems to be a much better improvement and the 02s are hooked back up. Do not know about mpg yet,time will tell.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Lem
Lifetime Premium

If all you're doing is exhaust/intake the flash is the way I would go, if you think you will ever do more engine customizing you may want to go with the fuel controller. Lloydz is soon releasing a new version for our Victory's though I believe.

I run the Stage 1 flash and filter with the Ness Thunder exhaust, and a Lloydz Adjustable IAV and it runs like a champ. When/if I do cams though I will have to get a fuel controller and the money I spent on the stage 1 will esentially be a waste, but who knows if I will get around to that.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
NJ8BALL

Garage

I have rpw Thor pipes, and the stage 1air box. I've thinking of dropping my vfc3 and stick with the stage 1 flash.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

http://www.bluebeardimagery.com/
http://blue-beard-imagery.artistwebsites.com/
Photo equip: Canon 60D, Canon 55-250is, Canon 18-55, Canon 70-200f4,Tamron SP10-24
NJ8BALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
johnah5

NJ8Ball,
Why are you thinking of switching?
John
johnah5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
NJ8BALL

Garage

MPG is off and some issues when rolling on throttle at times. Not sure yet, Its getting frigid out, so Ill wait till spring to figure it out

http://www.bluebeardimagery.com/
http://blue-beard-imagery.artistwebsites.com/
Photo equip: Canon 60D, Canon 55-250is, Canon 18-55, Canon 70-200f4,Tamron SP10-24
NJ8BALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement