New (to me) Vegas 8-Ball - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vegas Forum

Old 11-03-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
V-Man

Talking New (to me) Vegas 8-Ball

Picked up a (new to me) used 2012 Vegas 8-Ball today. Only 782 miles on it. Has a Lock & Ride Windshield and Victory Shotgun Pipes. Dealer did the 500 mile check before I picked it up.

I don't know if any power mapping(?) or anything like that has been done. Is there some way to tell easily? I only occasionally grab the pointy end of the screwdriver , so can at least look to see what's been done if someone can point me in the right direction.

Really looking forward to putting some miles on this critter. I've been wanting/lusting after one for quite some time. I'll post some pics here later. It's one sweet looking bike (no scratches or blemishes that I can find!).
2009 Hyosung GV250 for daily commute (Traded for the Vegas 8-Ball)
1981 Kawasaki 440LTD (First bike ever owned)
V-Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Azdave

Congratulations. Have fun.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #3
Diveroger
Lifetime Premium

I love mine, enjoy the new ride!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
V-Man

My new baby! Ain't she beautiful!
Now if the weather will stay nice for a bit longer
uploadfromtaptalk1352097635698.jpg

Sent using Android mobile app.
2012 Cross Country Tour
2012 Vegas 8-Ball
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1352097774541.jpg (19.8 KB, 129 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 AM   #5
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Man View Post
My new baby! Ain't she beautiful!
Yes. I particularly like the pipes on it. Most Vegas I've seen have those overly curvy pipes. I much prefer the looks of the ones on yours.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Thumbs up Nice!!

Sweet 2nd Ride would love to have that around but can't give up my FXR4 .. Enjoy !!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
so-crates

Nice ride man! Glad you are enjoying it... I really do not know what possesses someone to buy a new vehicle and trade it in with less than 1000 miles on the clock. Either a weenie or someone with more money than brains. Either way, you WIN!!!!

To answer your question - no easy way to tell if it has been remapped by the dealership - if they put stage 1, 2 or 3 on, they remap the ECU. Or, maybe the previous owner put a Power Commander on it - you'd find that under the seat if they did, but with less than 800 miles, I seriously doubt it - probably just a dealership installed pipes and ECU reflash...

And, if its anything like mine (also used, but with straight pipes and K&N Big Sucker air filter) and runs like crap when trying to hold it open at a steady throttle at 40mph or less...then the previous owner didnt bother to do anything to the fuel injection maps! ARG!! I need a power commander bad for mine...
so-crates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by so-crates View Post
Nice ride man! Glad you are enjoying it... I really do not know what possesses someone to buy a new vehicle and trade it in with less than 1000 miles on the clock. Either a weenie or someone with more money than brains. Either way, you WIN!!!!
I agree. I also got my 2011 Kingpin with 1700 miles. I consider that few miles to be new. Why trade something in with those few miles is not giving it a chance.

BTW-- I also love the 8 Ball look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0306.jpg (70.3 KB, 14 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #9
V-Man

I love the looks of your Kingpin!
The Vegas and the Kingpin were the only ones I considered for my second bike. I test drove the Boulevard, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I really really wish that Victory hadn't discontinued the Kingpins. From my understanding, they are the Vegas with a better front end. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't consider changing my Vegas for a Kingpin at this stage. Maybe many moons later . . . But right now, the Vegas is just WAY too much fun

I do think my CCT will be getting used more in colder weather though. I think I'm going to be spoiled this winter with heated seats, heated grips, and the great wind management of the CCT. It's really terrible when I get ready to go out to have to choose between which bike to take . . . Decisions decisions . . .

As to the mapping/fuel manager stuff, I'm pretty convinced that my Vegas has something done. It preforms beautifully at all speeds from puttering in neighborhoods, to highway cruising, to really getting on it (only time I can really do that is getting on the highway )! I do occasionally get some popping from the exhaust, but from what I've read that's pretty normal with this exhaust and is easily managed by riding style. I didn't get any popping today in 50 miles of puttering around town. First fill up was very close to 40mpg and that was almost all city driving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement