A little irritated with Victory - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #21
MNBill

When I bought my bike the local dealer pointed out a dealer 100 miles away that was having a demo ride so I could get the coupon to use on my bike. Victory honored it at my dealer.
2003 Valkyrie Standard
2004 1300 VTX
1997 Honda ACE 1100
MNBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #22
Single Feather

Default Victory

I have found that with dealing Victory and the dealers that nothing goes wrong or is there fault. Just find a good tech thats not hooked up with Victory and move on and tell others and hope they listen and when you cam move to another company.
We spend more for a bike than alot of people spend for a car which most cant ride year round yet they dont cover anything like a car dealership. They have us and stick it to us Our fault

Last edited by Single Feather; 11-04-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Single Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #23
Azdave

I think to avoid issues it is best to get things in writing. Ma Victory may be unaware of what some dealers do. Seems like a phone call or letter to Victory corporate resolves a lot of issues to the customer's satisfaction.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #24
Single Feather

Default Victory

You would think. I have tried both and with the same out come. So this IMO is what we need to do so they treat us like something other than crap. They both need to look at car dealers in most cases and the manf. Whay does the warrenty cover? Almost nothing as they mosrt always say it the owners fault.
Single Feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #25
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Single Feather View Post
You would think. I have tried both and with the same out come. So this IMO is what we need to do so they treat us like something other than crap. They both need to look at car dealers in most cases and the manf. Whay does the warrenty cover? Almost nothing as they mosrt always say it the owners fault.
A lot of the time it IS the owners fault, however its usually how the dealer handles and words the write up of the fault that determines how Victory will respond. A warranty is only as good as it says it is, have you read the details of the warranty? Every warranty is different, especially extended warranties. If you have a good service department that values you as a customer, they will help Victory see that it should be covered. However if you go in there acting like an asshole and are a terrible customer that they dont want to deal with, you better believe they are not going to lift a finger to help you get it fixed under warranty.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #26
ndabunka

It is (generally) true that you will "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" but in this case the OP got the value for his efforts, right? Victory did the RIGHT thing, right?

Sour Grapes - Why all this additional (and unproductive) dribble about how to deal with an individual dealership or service writer? This one is addressed and resolved satisfactorily. Why try to CREATE new "issues" where none exists (for this OP anyway)?

If you want to start some generic "Let's grip about Victory" thread, go for it but as for the title of this thread, it's closed/resolved and Victory did the right thing & the OP is no longer "A LITTLE irritated with Victory..." Rather, he is "satisfied with Victory" (perhaps he could change the thread title...)

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #27
Jay

Default Issue Resolved!

All of my accessories finally showed up today after almost 3 months of waiting. Not sure who is responsible for the delay, probably split between dealer and Victory. The delay doesn't matter much at this point, I've got my parts and have started installing.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement