Beautiful day. - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
Longbow3

Default Beautiful day.

It was a beautiful day for a ride. Made going to work tolerable.

Carry on,
Longbow3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
ChuglyXJ

Today we hardly touched 40* and it looked like rain/snow at any moment type of day. My bike was in the garage looking out.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #3
BenD

Garage

Ran up I-17 to Sunset Point just for kicks. I love the twisties up and back. It was in the 80's and clear! :-)
2012 XC Tour, Sunset Red/Silver. Add-ons: +2" Chubby bars, heated Avon grips, chrome lid rails, Wolo air horn, pass. backrest, rider backrest, Stage1 upgrade, AZ Slammers pipes with Big Mouth tips, rear lowered 1", Az. Victory police saddlebag bars, Power Commander V, Lloydz IAV & Air filter.

Phoenix, AZ
BenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #4
Longbow3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuglyXJ View Post
Today we hardly touched 40* and it looked like rain/snow at any moment type of day. My bike was in the garage looking out.
It was 70 on the way to work and 60 on the way back. It would have been cold on the way back on my previous bike. I really love my XC. I don't think I could have ever picked a better machine. Don't you just love it when your bike is just waiting for a ride? Kinda like my schnauzers, say "ride" and they are there...Let's go, let's go...
Longbow3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
RMH

Beautiful weekend for me!

Wife and I rode (2 up) from North Dallas to Hot Springs on Saturday, then up AR-7 to the Ozarks (Jasper), stopping at Cliff House Inn for lunch, then AR-123 and AR-7 back to Hot Springs on Sunday, then back home via back roads on Monday.

Had 5 mins of rain just as we reached the hotel on Saturday and the ride home on Monday was mostly cloudy and cool, but....

The fall colors in the Ozarks on a beautiful sunny day on Sunday was awesome! The scenic overlook not too far south of Jasper where you look out over acres of valley with trees all orange and yellow and red was just incredible, at least for a Texan used to mainly green or brown in the landscape.

Even with temps in the 50s and lower 60s, the XC, with JTD lowers, 16" 7jurock flip shield, and heated grips was just a joy to ride up and down those mountain roads on these cool fall days. Having decent layering like long underwear, jeans, and chaps, plus a good Tourmaster jacket with Thinsulate liner helps too.

Cheers,
Randy

2007 Honda VTX 1300 (Traded up)
2007 Honda VT750 Shadow (Traded up)
25 years without a bike :(
Honda CB 125, 360, & 550 in my youth, late '70s - early '80s
RMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement