Cee Bailey Visor Vent - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Martlet
Lifetime Premium
 
Martlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 204
Default Cee Bailey Visor Vent

Anyone used this? Does it help with wind management? How does it look?

I'm thinking of picking one up but I don't want to sacrifice too much style for comfort.
Martlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
gregbenner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martlet View Post
Anyone used this? Does it help with wind management? How does it look?

I'm thinking of picking one up but I don't want to sacrifice too much style for comfort.
What do you mean by "vent visor"?

Only reason I ask is there have beena couple recent threads on what seems to be similar issue.
__________________
Multiple Bike Disorder:crzy:
2011 Cross Country:D
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650
2007 Harley Dyna
1976 BMW R75/5
1971 BSA Lightning
1947 Harley 45
gregbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Martlet
Lifetime Premium
 
Martlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbenner View Post
What do you mean by "vent visor"?

Only reason I ask is there have beena couple recent threads on what seems to be similar issue.
Not "vent visor". Visor vent. Essentially, it's a vent in the visor. You can see them on the Cee Bailey site.
Martlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Martiniman
Junior Member
 
Martiniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 25
Garage
Default

I just ordered a 13 inch CeeBailey's for my CC. I posted essentially the same question. Lot's of positive responses about the vents mainly have to do with folks liking the air in their face on hot days. As I understand it, the main reason for it is your shield blocking the wind will create a low pressure area which then is filled with air coming up past the forged bars causing buffeting. So supposedly helps with that. I actually called CeeBailey's and they said with the 13 inch I was ordering, the vent would not do much. They said it works best with taller shields. I should have mine in about 4 more days.
Good luck.
__________________
Many Kawasaki's from 500's to 1700 Vaquero
Rode them, loved them and now for something different....
2012 Cross Country, black of course and my first Vic
San Francisco Bay Area
Martiniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Martlet
Lifetime Premium
 
Martlet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiniman View Post
I just ordered a 13 inch CeeBailey's for my CC. I posted essentially the same question. Lot's of positive responses about the vents mainly have to do with folks liking the air in their face on hot days. As I understand it, the main reason for it is your shield blocking the wind will create a low pressure area which then is filled with air coming up past the forged bars causing buffeting. So supposedly helps with that. I actually called CeeBailey's and they said with the 13 inch I was ordering, the vent would not do much. They said it works best with taller shields. I should have mine in about 4 more days.
Good luck.

Odd. I spoke with Joe and he said with the 13 inch shield I was ordering, the vent would make a huge difference.

I guess we'll see.
Martlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
webbiker
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 32
Default

Martiniman, I just picked up my black 2012 XC today and have been doing a LOT of reading about the Cee Bailey shield. Before I read your post, I had decided on the 13" as well but haven't ordered it yet. What do you think of yours? I'm 5'9" so as best I can tell, I should be looking just over the top. Does the air flow over your helmet? I'm getting too much air in the face with the stock 9" screen. Thanks for any input you might have.
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Country (Black) - CeeBailey 17" windscreen, JTD Lowers, Utopia driver's backrest & bagliners, Victory passenger backrest & hardbag crashbars, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Interphone F5s.
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT (Black/Silver)
2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Dark Red)
webbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
webbiker
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 32
Default

Martlet, same question...how do you like your 13" Cee Bailey? And does the vent do much for you? I'm leaning towards the same windshield so I'm curious your thoughts. I'm 5'9" and I'm hoping to just see over the top but without any buffeting. Oh yeah, do you have lowers as well? Thanks.
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Country (Black) - CeeBailey 17" windscreen, JTD Lowers, Utopia driver's backrest & bagliners, Victory passenger backrest & hardbag crashbars, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Interphone F5s.
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT (Black/Silver)
2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Dark Red)
webbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Martiniman
Junior Member
 
Martiniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 25
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbiker View Post
Martiniman, I just picked up my black 2012 XC today and have been doing a LOT of reading about the Cee Bailey shield. Before I read your post, I had decided on the 13" as well but haven't ordered it yet. What do you think of yours? I'm 5'9" so as best I can tell, I should be looking just over the top. Does the air flow over your helmet? I'm getting too much air in the face with the stock 9" screen. Thanks for any input you might have.
I'm 5' 10" and have the 9" but I also have the Ness Lowers. I can just look over the top and with the combo shield and lowers, I get no buffeting. Very happy.
In addition, they have a fantastic warranty. I use loctite when I put my shield on which I found out is a BIG NO NO. Loctite and Cee Baileys both had warnings about using it with aircraft plastics and sure enough, I got spider cracks where the bolts went. Even though my fault, Cee Bailey told me they have not questions asked warranty and shipped me a new one! Installed my new one with no loctite and all is good. Great company, Cee Baileys!
__________________
Many Kawasaki's from 500's to 1700 Vaquero
Rode them, loved them and now for something different....
2012 Cross Country, black of course and my first Vic
San Francisco Bay Area
Martiniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
webbiker
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 32
Default

Is your 9" the same height as the stock screen? I had thought you went 13", sorry. I'm thinking of going with the JTD Lowers and probably the 13" but I'll call Cee Bailey's first and discuss it with them. The other option is the "updated" tall CC screen from Victory. Anyone know the exact height of that screen?
__________________
2012 Victory Cross Country (Black) - CeeBailey 17" windscreen, JTD Lowers, Utopia driver's backrest & bagliners, Victory passenger backrest & hardbag crashbars, Garmin Zumo 660 GPS, Interphone F5s.
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT (Black/Silver)
2006 Honda Shadow Aero 750 (Dark Red)
webbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
Martiniman
Junior Member
 
Martiniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 25
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbiker View Post
Is your 9" the same height as the stock screen? I had thought you went 13", sorry. I'm thinking of going with the JTD Lowers and probably the 13" but I'll call Cee Bailey's first and discuss it with them. The other option is the "updated" tall CC screen from Victory. Anyone know the exact height of that screen?
My bad....just went out and measured. It is 13"
Sorry for any confusion.
__________________
Many Kawasaki's from 500's to 1700 Vaquero
Rode them, loved them and now for something different....
2012 Cross Country, black of course and my first Vic
San Francisco Bay Area
Martiniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
Motorcycle News, Videos and Reviews
Honda Grom Forum Harley Davidson Forum Honda 600RR Kawasaki Forum Yamaha R6 Forum Yamaha FZ-09 Forum
1199 Panigale Forum Roadglide Forum Honda CBR1000 Forum Vulcan Forum Yamaha R1 Forum Yamaha R3 Forum
Ducati Monster Forum Harley Forums Honda CBR250R Forum ZX10R Forum Star Raider Forum Yamaha Viking Forum
Suzuki GSXR Forum V-Rod Forums Honda Shadow Forum Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum Star Warrior Forum KTM Duke 390 Forum
SV650 Forum BMW S1000RR Forum Honda Fury Forum Kawasaki Versys Forum Drag Racing Forum Ducati 899 Panigale Forum
Suzuki V-Strom BMW K1600 Triumph Forum Victory Forums Sportbikes BMW NineT Forum
Volusia Forum BMW F800 Forum Triumph 675 Forum MV Agusta Forum HD Street Forum Suzuki GW250 Forum
Yamaha Motorcycles Victory Gunner Forum Honda Vultus Forum HD LiveWire Forum Ninja H2 Forum Ducati Scrambler Forum