Cee Bailey Visor Vent - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
Martlet
Lifetime Premium

Default Cee Bailey Visor Vent

Anyone used this? Does it help with wind management? How does it look?

I'm thinking of picking one up but I don't want to sacrifice too much style for comfort.
Martlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
gregbenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martlet View Post
Anyone used this? Does it help with wind management? How does it look?

I'm thinking of picking one up but I don't want to sacrifice too much style for comfort.
What do you mean by "vent visor"?

Only reason I ask is there have beena couple recent threads on what seems to be similar issue.
2007 Harley Dyna
1976 BMW R75/5
1971 BSA Lightning
1947 Harley 45
gregbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Martlet
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbenner View Post
What do you mean by "vent visor"?

Only reason I ask is there have beena couple recent threads on what seems to be similar issue.
Not "vent visor". Visor vent. Essentially, it's a vent in the visor. You can see them on the Cee Bailey site.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Martiniman

Garage

I just ordered a 13 inch CeeBailey's for my CC. I posted essentially the same question. Lot's of positive responses about the vents mainly have to do with folks liking the air in their face on hot days. As I understand it, the main reason for it is your shield blocking the wind will create a low pressure area which then is filled with air coming up past the forged bars causing buffeting. So supposedly helps with that. I actually called CeeBailey's and they said with the 13 inch I was ordering, the vent would not do much. They said it works best with taller shields. I should have mine in about 4 more days.
Good luck.
San Francisco Bay Area
Martiniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
Martlet
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiniman View Post
I just ordered a 13 inch CeeBailey's for my CC. I posted essentially the same question. Lot's of positive responses about the vents mainly have to do with folks liking the air in their face on hot days. As I understand it, the main reason for it is your shield blocking the wind will create a low pressure area which then is filled with air coming up past the forged bars causing buffeting. So supposedly helps with that. I actually called CeeBailey's and they said with the 13 inch I was ordering, the vent would not do much. They said it works best with taller shields. I should have mine in about 4 more days.
Good luck.

Odd. I spoke with Joe and he said with the 13 inch shield I was ordering, the vent would make a huge difference.

I guess we'll see.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
webbiker

Martiniman, I just picked up my black 2012 XC today and have been doing a LOT of reading about the Cee Bailey shield. Before I read your post, I had decided on the 13" as well but haven't ordered it yet. What do you think of yours? I'm 5'9" so as best I can tell, I should be looking just over the top. Does the air flow over your helmet? I'm getting too much air in the face with the stock 9" screen. Thanks for any input you might have.
webbiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
webbiker

Martlet, same question...how do you like your 13" Cee Bailey? And does the vent do much for you? I'm leaning towards the same windshield so I'm curious your thoughts. I'm 5'9" and I'm hoping to just see over the top but without any buffeting. Oh yeah, do you have lowers as well? Thanks.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Martiniman

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbiker View Post
Martiniman, I just picked up my black 2012 XC today and have been doing a LOT of reading about the Cee Bailey shield. Before I read your post, I had decided on the 13" as well but haven't ordered it yet. What do you think of yours? I'm 5'9" so as best I can tell, I should be looking just over the top. Does the air flow over your helmet? I'm getting too much air in the face with the stock 9" screen. Thanks for any input you might have.
I'm 5' 10" and have the 9" but I also have the Ness Lowers. I can just look over the top and with the combo shield and lowers, I get no buffeting. Very happy.
In addition, they have a fantastic warranty. I use loctite when I put my shield on which I found out is a BIG NO NO. Loctite and Cee Baileys both had warnings about using it with aircraft plastics and sure enough, I got spider cracks where the bolts went. Even though my fault, Cee Bailey told me they have not questions asked warranty and shipped me a new one! Installed my new one with no loctite and all is good. Great company, Cee Baileys!
San Francisco Bay Area
Old 11-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #9
webbiker

Is your 9" the same height as the stock screen? I had thought you went 13", sorry. I'm thinking of going with the JTD Lowers and probably the 13" but I'll call Cee Bailey's first and discuss it with them. The other option is the "updated" tall CC screen from Victory. Anyone know the exact height of that screen?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
Martiniman

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbiker View Post
Is your 9" the same height as the stock screen? I had thought you went 13", sorry. I'm thinking of going with the JTD Lowers and probably the 13" but I'll call Cee Bailey's first and discuss it with them. The other option is the "updated" tall CC screen from Victory. Anyone know the exact height of that screen?
My bad....just went out and measured. It is 13"
Sorry for any confusion.
San Francisco Bay Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement