Carpe Diem - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #21
robvision
Premium Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeve View Post
Sigh...yes it's at the dealer until Spring, but not out where the public can get at it. Same thing with my wife's bike. Although it would be nice to have it in the garage to get to know it, it didn't make sense to get it dealer prepped and then bring it home and have to winterize it. Thank goodness for this forum as it give me a few months to read and find out about my bike from everyone else's experiences. *** Thanks to all of you for sharing what you know and for photos etc. It makes it easy to learn a great deal! ***

As for why I bought the Victory, I'm not sure I know the definitive answer for that. I guess for starters there weren't really any of the Japanese bikes that I liked the look of as much as the Victory so I didn't spend a lot of time making price comparisons. I'm sure I'm not unlike others in the fact I started out looking for a Harley until someone pointed me to Victory. Once I talked to a few Victory owners who spoke extremely highly of their bikes, I realized the Victory was the bike to buy so that's what I went out to buy. Blinders fully engaged. :-)
I owned MANY MANY bikes - wasted HUGE money on motorcycles
But I always said when the bills are paid down I am getting a Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited. But research warned me away.

There is a few thorns with the Vic - Clunky gear box is my biggest complaint. And for the life of me I cant figure out why the 106 has such a strange sounding idle. It has a single pin crank but it doesnt sound like any other V-Twin on the market. Sort of sounds like its stumbling and missing and it pops at idle too. I think its a combination of timming and cam profile.
2013 XCT 2013 Suzuki KQ750 AXI Power Steerring
Victory Sport Touring Flag Ship
Lloydz Idle Air Valve
Lloydz PTW
35,000 km
Rear Rack
Passenger Grab Handles
Modified Heel Shifter
HID Hi and Low
Oil Temp Gauge
Ride-On TPS
Modified Stock Pipes by Thrush
K&N air filter
G-man Bully FI Controller
Heat Troller
LED Driving lights
robvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #22
vcountry12
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvision View Post
I owned MANY MANY bikes - wasted HUGE money on motorcycles
But I always said when the bills are paid down I am getting a Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited. But research warned me away.

There is a few thorns with the Vic - Clunky gear box is my biggest complaint. And for the life of me I cant figure out why the 106 has such a strange sounding idle. It has a single pin crank but it doesnt sound like any other V-Twin on the market. Sort of sounds like its stumbling and missing and it pops at idle too. I think its a combination of timming and cam profile.
Llyodz Adjustable timing wheel makes a huge difference. Rylan Voss advanced my timing 4 degress and idle is perfect
2012 Cory Ness CC #176
RPW Pipes
Llyodz CAMs (Done by Rylan Voss), Air-Filter, VFC, 1/4 turn throttle ring, Adj Timing Wheel, and Reprogrammed ECM
Cee Bailey Dragon Windshield, Bag Liners and Lowers
PIAA Driving Lights
XM radio and IPOD adapter
Dragon Bobs Windshield Bag
RF amp, Polk DB651 front and Kicker Rear speakers
Mustang Vintage Seat
kewlMetal Gauge Rings
HID Headlight
Color Matched Chin Spoiler, trunk and Dash
Maxton Cheeze Wedge
RAM Mounts
HMD Pullback Bars
vcountry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #23
GreatWhiteNorth

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeve View Post
Oh my god...I'm killing myself laughing at the visual of my wife on a Highball.

Seriously though, couldn't pass up the Honda... $6500 CAN brand spankin new. (2011 with FI and ABS)
Meeve, Are you sure your bride will agree with which bike is hers and which is yours? LOL
GreatWhiteNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #24
meeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
Meeve, Are you sure your bride will agree with which bike is hers and which is yours? LOL
I'm safe....her feet don't touch the ground on the Victory.
1979 FIAT Spider 2000
meeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement