Slip-ons vs. Full Exhaust - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-06-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
JJKJR

Default Slip-ons vs. Full Exhaust

Anyone had experience with both willing to share their thoughts? And what additional mods did you do to get the best performance from either the slip-on or full exhaust?
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
WilCon76

Garage

So far slip ons make more power with less modifications than the full systems. I spoke with Lloyd about the dual Freedom Performance pipes I have and he said that they are seeing some of the biggest power gains with stock exhausts on the Vision. Slip on exhaust has made the biggest power on some of the other bikes.

Dyno numbers of my bike with the true dual pipes back up their statements. Seat of the pants riding it feels more powerful however and head to head against friends it is faster. I am able to pull more distance on acceleration from a stop and roll on acceleration than I did with just slip on exhaust and the bike pulls harder with 2 people.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
JJKJR

Thanks for the reply. So what are the typical modifications done along with the slip-ons vs. the full exhaust? I would assume that both require a new air filter but what about fuel management systems? Do they differ for a slip on vs. a full exhaust system?

Thanks for your replies.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
visionjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJKJR View Post
Thanks for the reply. So what are the typical modifications done along with the slip-ons vs. the full exhaust? I would assume that both require a new air filter but what about fuel management systems? Do they differ for a slip on vs. a full exhaust system?

Thanks for your replies.
Maybe I missed it but model bike are you asking about

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
WilCon76

Garage

I just assumed a Cross or Vision based on the section posted.

Standard add ons are whatever you can afford and want to do.
WilCon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 PM   #6
JJKJR

The exhaust question would be for a XC. Sorry for not being specific.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement