Pics of hammer with superfly cowl PLEASE ! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Hammer Forum

Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
BlackedOutHammer

Talking Pics of hammer with superfly cowl PLEASE !

I am seriously considering buying a superfly cowl for my hammer but I really would love to see it mounted on the hammer if anyone has pics please.....With the rear cover snapped on and off...That would be great..Thanks my friends.....B.O.H.
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #2
Scuba

Default superfly screen

/Users/stephenhughes/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2011/28:08:2011/IMG_0144.jpg

This is a link to a pic of my hammer 8 ball with superbly screen if it help
2005 Honda VFR800 (Sold)
2000 Suzuki GSXR1000 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR750 (Sold)
1992 Kawasaki GPX250 (Sold)
Honda 50cc Trike (on the Farm)
"I was a BMX King" So says me! :D
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
BanditSRT8

LINK

Then click "images"

Old 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
ks_greg

Garage

I took one off my Kingpin. If you're doing it for looks then you'll be in business, because they don't do much for deflecting wind, no matter how much you adjust it.

Prior Rides
'09 Kingpin 8Ball
'06 HD Road King
'06 Vulcan 900 Classic
ks_greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
GOOT-Z
Lifetime Premium

Arrow My Superfly Cowl--From All Angles

A little decent weather allowed me to get the bike out and photograph the completed cowl job. I say completed, because last November when it was installed, it was too cold to shoot outside, much less tell how much air diversion it provided. Now, I can tell all.

Below are shots showing overall bike appearance (and how little its profile was changed, which was a LARGE concern to me). Then, you can see the bare cowl, which is how many might normally run it, unless you purchase ($220) a second cowl to mount up there. Luckily, my dealer gave me my old one which had a single (rear) leg broken off. I mounted the new one up front and put the broken leg behind me where it should never come off inadvertently. And finally the binnacle view from the saddle.

And yes, it does divert the blast nicely--to about my helmet, but I am 6'3", so your mileage may vary, and I may attempt tilting the screen a bit up, but at this point, I like the angle and the chest relief comfort it provides at high speed.

Please ask any Qs, but understand that the dealer did the installation, so I can't help there, other than to say the black bolts supplied were not long enough, so he had to improvise.

2H=Two-Handed Weapon (e.g. a big Hammer) http://www.wowwiki.com/Two-handed
'07 BMW K 1200GT

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
GOOT-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
GOOT-Z
Lifetime Premium

Exclamation Superfly-provided STORAGE Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOT-Z View Post

I have updated news for any of you thinking about the Superfly windshield/cowl setup. Bemoaning the lack of storage on this bike, and discounting the tool bag as inappropriate to the style of the HamSter, my dealer responded with a Polaris Snowmobile suggestion: The $20 "Rush Windshield Bag" Pol part# 2878186.

It is black with U-shape, with a zippered face on the squared top end that will rest on the gauges and between the shield (blank space shown above); the rounded end slips down behind the cowl perfectly. I'm not sure of the cubic inches (but who can ever relate to those numbers anyway?) but at about 9x9 inches and about 3 inches "deep" across its face (with a high-quality zipper) it is plenty big for documents, a pocket camera, some light weight gloves, tire gauge, bottle of Aleve (age-dependent) with plenty of room left over for cell phone, makeup, cigarettes, etc.

The only alteration needed is because it is made for the sled which has a dashboard to support it. Because we need to adhere it to the screen above, the Polaris logo would be upside down above the gauges. So, I am having to my shoemaker stitch 2 Velcro strips on the top side (which has a stiff backing).

I'll provide pictures of all of this when I get it back next week and "plug" it in. But the Velcro adhesive will stick perfectly to the black windshield and the whole thing will disappear behind the screen. The pouch's black face above the gauges will say Polaris, stitched in white letters, with a white stripe. No tank bags, no saddle bags, no tool bags and no courier bag needed to carry just simple stuff like a camera and cellphone, etc. Stay tuned: Film at 11.
'07 BMW K 1200GT

Last edited by GOOT-Z; 04-15-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #7
GOOT-Z
Lifetime Premium

Lightbulb Polaris "Rush" Windshield bag now installed

I have installation pics and detailed info on the small bag that fits perfectly under my superfly cowl windscreen here:http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...?t=7648&page=2
'07 BMW K 1200GT

Old 06-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
kychevyguy

Quote:
I have installation pics and detailed info on the small bag that fits perfectly under my superfly cowl windscreen here:http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...?t=7648&page=2
Looks pretty good there.
kychevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
WildBlue

Quote:
That's a cool idea. Looks like it wouldn't be any good for those of us with clear windshields as you indicated it has to hang from the fly screen mount, but it fits so nicely in that spot! Have you considered getting one of those Victory patches to cover up the Polaris logo?
WildBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
GOOT-Z
Lifetime Premium

Default Clear screen mount would be OK

Thx for the compliment, but I will respond that mounting it on a clear screen would NOT be obtrusive. The bag body is black and the Velcro that adheres to the screen is whatever color you buy (suggest: black), so it will just appear as a black object under the clear windshield.

As for covering the Polaris logo, nah, I'm not offended by that..as long as it doesn't say HD...
'07 BMW K 1200GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement