Now I dun did it! PLUS...my 1st post! - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-04-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

Oh yea, I've ordered a iPod extension cable for the phone up on the dash. From what I've found, the Vision iPod cable isn't long enough to leave the glove box. If it works as hoped, the cable will keep the phone useful and charged the whole trip.
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 11-04-2012 at 09:30 PM.
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:00 PM   #22
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMike View Post
Oh yea, I've ordered a iPod extension cable for the phone up on the dash. From what I've found, the Vision iPod cable isn't long enough to leave the glove box. If it works as hoped, the cable will keep the phone useful and charged the whole trip.
Nope, its about 6" long, just enough to get out and plug int and put back in the box. Make sure they give you your Aux cable back as it is a matter of pulling the cable and gromment thorugh the fairing, switching the plugs and stuffing back in should you need a 1/8" aux connector.

BBob is NOT kidding about the gas station. My first pitstop, 3-5 minutes at the pump talking to folks, then pulled forward to grab some munchies for the ride (I was leaving GA at the time) and 1 onlook and 1 bike racer for another good 2-5 minutes.. lol... "I thought they were kidding about getting stuck at gas stations" was just echoing in my head.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I look forward to chatting. Not sure how much I can say though.

I will ask for everything they take off the bike, to include that cable. Whatever they take off I want and if I can't get that stuff in the bike then I'll have it shipped. Don't know if I'll ever have use of the original stuff like the light that gets replaced by the HID or the original pipes but If I paid for them I should get them eh?
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I'm psyched!! Tomorrow's the big day. Bike will be ready when I get there late afternoon.

Looking at the forecast I start in the upper 50's and clear for Thursday. Planning on 300 miles and stopping in Indianapolis.

Then Friday it's more clear weather starting in the 60's and ending up in the upper 70's on Friday in Junction City KS. 600 miles planned Friday.

Saturday is a little more exciting. Mid 60's from Junction City down I70 westbound until Limon Colorado. After Limon it will drop to the mid 40's with a 30 percent chance of showers. Snow??? Crap I hope not. It's only 115 miles from where it starts to drop and conditions deteriorate so if it's just temps that suck then I'll be prepared. What I don't want is precipitation when it's that cold.

Wish me luck!!

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 11-07-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Good ridin Mike. Study the iPod functions now. Lol. Looking forward to the trip reort
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #26
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

Thanks and will do!

LONGMONT COLORADO
Old 11-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #27
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

Today (Thursday) was crammed full. Woke up early at 5am and couldn't go back to sleep over the excitement of flying to get the bike. Got to DIA about 7:30 for an 11am flight.

Wait, wait, then wait some more.

About 10:30 they made an announcement that the flight was delayed for maintenance. We departed 2 hours late.

While waiting, I texted Bill (my salesman, who was going to pick me up at the Canton airport) and told him we were delayed. Apparently he put 2 and 2 together when he realized his wife's grandparents, who were also delayed at DIA, must have been on thr same flight as I was.

Those folks owned the dealership where Bill works back in the 70's. Since then, they have turned over the business to their kids.

We connected at the airport and chatted away. She (the grandmother) even wore Victory clothing.

We sat together in the plane. I learned all about the family business. Very nice people. When we arrived in Canton, Bill was there to greet us all. I felt like part of the family. What a small world!!! They are those that really cares about their customers. A family business that believes it's not always about the bottom line.

Anywho, I didn't get to the dealership until after dark, about 6:00 their time. After about an hour of paper work, going over the bike, and getting all packed and dressed up for the ride, I headed down the road.

6 hours later I pulled into Indianapolis as planned. Wasn't sure I was going to make it. After the initial 150 miles straight on the first ride, I stopped to get something to eat at a local IHOP. I didn't realize how cold I had gotten because when I went into the restaurant and sat down, I shook so bad I covered my table with sugar trying to put it in my coffee cup. The waitress honestly asked me "do you need medication?". I have never shook that bad. It was less than 39 degrees the entire ride.

After about an hour of time warming up and getting some food, I decided to run across the street to a local discount store and pick up a pair of long underwear tops and bottoms. I also decided to get a a pair of Carhart winter thick socks to help out my slightly cold feet. That's all it took because the next 150 miles were much much better. Even though the temperature dropped down the 32 during the ride, I still felt pretty good when I finally got to my hotel in Indianapolis.

The motorcycle was incredible. I was extremely comfortable no matter how cold I got. The bike ran great and I averaged 42 miles per gallon between 75 and 85 miles an hour. That's a huge change for me from my VTX 1800.

I haven't seen it in the daylight in person yet so I will take a look at it tomorrow morning. It looks really really good at night. So far I am in love with the motorcycle.

Only complaint I have so far, as I have heard others have the same complaint, is the mirrors. I don't like the fact I can't see behind me very well at all, no matter how I position the mirrors. If I set them up so I can see behind me I see halfway up the handlebars and not much next to me.

I'll play with them more tomorrow.

I wanted to get this posted before took a nice warm shower and went to bed. I do plan to do at least 600 miles tomorrow as the weather is supposed to be really really nice.

I'll post up another post tomorrow night after the day. See ya!

LONGMONT COLORADO

Last edited by TheMike; 11-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #28
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Glad you made it and are on your way home Mike. Figured I would post now as I have absolutely nothing going on at work tonight. The mirrors took some getting used to for me. I adjusted them as low as they go and inward which does have part of the hand as you would expect but it grows on ya. I read somehwere about modding the mirror more downward, will see if I can dig that up, gave a wider view behind you but hand is still gonna be there.

After a while I just accepted it as part of the bike just like a solid boot in first and second. Enjoy your ride tomorrow, I am sure the sun will be a welcome site! I wonder how many onlookers you will get before you get on the road...

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 11-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #29
Blueline

Havin' the time of your life!! Ride safe. Ness black mirrors on the bar mounts look good and allow you to see. Check 'em out.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #30
KingpinRider

That's a lot of typing on an iPhone! Thanks for the update. Rode my Kingpin into work today, despite the 43 degrees. Layers! Gotta have them to stay warm. Especially with no solar gain at night. I bought a XXL Victory wind jacket once to go over my leather, just to cut the chill. Have a great ride today! May the sun shine brightly on your path!
Advertisement