I mourn for my country - Page 4 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #31
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
“Do not blame Caesar, blame the people of Rome who have so enthusiastically acclaimed and adored him and rejoiced in their loss of freedom and danced in his path and gave him triumphal processions. Blame the people who hail him when he speaks in the Forum of the ‘new, wonderful, good society’ which shall now be Rome’s, interpreted to mean: more money, more ease, more security, more living fatly at the expense of the industrious.” — Marcus Tullius Cicero
Exactly. Boosting the top marginal tax rates a few percent to where they were during a time of unbridled US economic growth is nothing less than a "loss in freedom" and "living fatly at the expense of the industrious.”

Somehow these Republicons have got you convinced that it's a okay for the rich to live "fatly" from gov't provided corporate welfare when Republicans are in office, but let a Democrat give a kid a low interest loan to go to school to better himself and suddenly we've become the USSR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #32
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRider View Post
Well, my healthcare will be going up over $60 a month starting in January. I'm not happy paying over $4800 a year for health insurance when we were told our premiums wouldn't go up one dime. That $60 plus a month for my healthcare, doesn't include the monthly stipend of of $200 plus that I have to pay for Medicare for myself and my wife that Uncle Sam wants is in addition to my medicare supplemet.
.... Just sayin.....

Oh....one of my neighbors just told me his doctor told him they would not be covering his family any longer. The Doctor isn't going to be taking Medicare any longer. I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop on me and mine. Oh....just sayin.
Gov't has to get its funds to provide Veteran's benefits/old age benefits from somewhere. The Bush tax cuts have effectively defunded the gov't. Everybody yammers about spending, but none can name a thing O's spent any money on. Problem is that it's a two way street. Too much spending OR too little revenue collection will cause deficits. By supporting better gov't benefits for the elderly/veterans, I would think you should be happy with who was elected. A guy like you would be paying a ton more under a Romney/Ryan plan once it went into effect AFTER they were out of office.

Quote:
Guess this "old, white guy" Republican voted for Romney just hoping that Obama-care would be repealed. Now my Government annuity and Social Security payment (take home pay) will be about $40 less per month than in 2012. Do you suppose I could ask for food stamps to pay for the $3.99 a gallon for milk or $3.29 for a loaf of bread, or the over $4.00 a gallon for high test fuel. I guess you could say I'm a bit concerned about how much longer I can afford to stay retired. Say, do you think there is an opening at Wall-Mart for a 71 yo greeter? Yeah, I'm gonna need that brochure.

Just want to say that the Vic HID lights I just purchased will probably the last thing I can afford to buy for my pretty new white XCT.
Don't like inflation? Support your economy, buy American where possible.

Quote:
BTW Saddlebag has a great product ... even though I don't agree with his political view.
I'll bet we're more alike than you think.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #33
arkiebiker
Premium Member

I ask you...

During this political season as a Republican OR as a Democrat, did you change even One mind to swap parties or who a person would vote for?

During this political season as a Republican OR as a Democrat, how many "forum friends" did you lose or alienate because of your political views (which again, had no impact on their vote)?

Have the arguments been worth the losses? Not in my case.

Next election I will remove myself from the name calling, the insults, and especially the POINTLESS arguing.
Blytheville, AR (Hometown and the BEST BBQ Sandwiches in the world)
Arkansas Bikers Website
http://www.arkansasbiker.net
Garmin Zumo GPS Forums
http://www.zumoforums.com
arkiebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #34
vindex1963
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
What! Are you saying the man who lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave doesn't affect your every waking moment? You are hereby out of the Tea Party!
I do like tea but it's the bed time "Sleepy Time" variety.
Home built intake
Power Commander III USB
89 hp
101 tq
Dyno Chart
Tuned by Thunder Mfg
Low beam 6000k HID
Oil test

2009 Harley Ultra Classic
Little HP
Little TQ
Lots of smooth highway miles

"Some people are immune to good advice" -Breaking Bad-
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #35
arkiebiker
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindex1963 View Post
I do like tea but it's the bed time "Sleepy Time" variety.
Hey... Does that actually make you sleepy? I just bought a Keurig and that was one of the samplers "Sleepy Time". Thanks!
Blytheville, AR (Hometown and the BEST BBQ Sandwiches in the world)
Arkansas Bikers Website
http://www.arkansasbiker.net
Garmin Zumo GPS Forums
http://www.zumoforums.com
arkiebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 AM   #36
gibson
Lifetime Premium

Attachment 8727 Waldo is lost can you help me find him??

Last edited by gibson; 08-02-2013 at 04:17 AM.
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #37
Azdave

Your health insurance is going up due to age and/or a claim history. Most insurance companies remained flat this year or had a slight decrease. Blaming a health insurance increase is wrong. Had Romney won your rates would still be going up. Did you really think a Romney win would have caused a massive decrease in health premiums. I bet you thought gas pricing would have gone down too
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #38
vindex1963
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkiebiker View Post
Hey... Does that actually make you sleepy? I just bought a Keurig and that was one of the samplers "Sleepy Time". Thanks!
You know it does it sort of takes the edge off.
Home built intake
Power Commander III USB
89 hp
101 tq
Dyno Chart
Tuned by Thunder Mfg
Low beam 6000k HID
Oil test

2009 Harley Ultra Classic
Little HP
Little TQ
Lots of smooth highway miles

"Some people are immune to good advice" -Breaking Bad-
vindex1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #39
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkiebiker View Post
I ask you...

During this political season as a Republican OR as a Democrat, did you change even One mind to swap parties or who a person would vote for?
Doesn't matter. I would be just as happy to talk bikes here, but I can't stand to see the disinformation campaign brought to the forum. If one wants to subscribe to the kook theories, AM radio and Fox News will provide for a daily allowance.

There are legitimate political issues that pertain to riders, like health insurance plans that discriminate against motorcyclists and other statistically dangerous behaviors. I think such discussions would be much more informative and valuable than ranting and raving about what a Marxist, Tribalist, Muslimist Obama is, but people are apt to share what they know, no matter how silly or trivial.

Until some people meet misfortune, they aren't likely to change their Darwinian views of a social contract.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #40
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Well, my healthcare will be going up over $60 a month starting in January. I'm not happy paying over $4800 a year for health insurance when we were told our premiums wouldn't go up one dime. That $60 plus a month for my healthcare, doesn't include the monthly stipend of of $200 plus that I have to pay for Medicare for myself and my wife that Uncle Sam wants is in addition to my medicare supplemet.
.... Just sayin.....
I'm with you! Prices just keep going up! Have you looked at cars lately? A new car in the 80's used to cost $10k ! Now I've gotta spend at least $30k for a new car! Must be Obama's fault. He's the only reason there are price increases every year. NOT !

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement