I mourn for my country - Page 5 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #41
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Your health insurance is going up due to age and/or a claim history. Most insurance companies remained flat this year or had a slight decrease. Blaming a health insurance increase is wrong. Had Romney won your rates would still be going up. Did you really think a Romney win would have caused a massive decrease in health premiums. I bet you thought gas pricing would have gone down too

Exactly !

Except that....

Gasoline prices HAVE been coming down for the last several weeks! It's now around $3.20 / gallon in my area.... down from a high of $4 earlier in the year. Thanks O !!! (as if ANY Pres has control over any pricing) LOL

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
jbb01

I guess if we are all starting to struggle financially we can take non-necessary luxury of a $10k or more motorcycle and sell it to pay for healthcare, insurance, gas, etc...
PCV
RPW Thor

Lloyds ATS
2001 Honda RC-51
jbb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #43
jbb01

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHoss View Post
well dream on..

factoid is that race did play a big role in the end game..Its a shame that they and we know who they are still hold that over our heads..Infact it was predicted that there would be a big riot by those who disliked Romney if he won...hum...it will never go away racism that is---> they love playing that card to much...

I want my white card.....that is the minority now isnt it..
Who the hell is THEY? I am confused?

Oh, you mean the knuckle dragging uncivilized monkeys...
PCV
RPW Thor

Lloyds ATS
2001 Honda RC-51
jbb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #44
so-crates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaRider View Post
Well, my healthcare will be going up over $60 a month starting in January. I'm not happy paying over $4800 a year for health insurance when we were told our premiums wouldn't go up one dime. That $60 plus a month for my healthcare, doesn't include the monthly stipend of of $200 plus that I have to pay for Medicare for myself and my wife that Uncle Sam wants is in addition to my medicare supplemet.
.... Just sayin.....

Oh....one of my neighbors just told me his doctor told him they would not be covering his family any longer. The Doctor isn't going to be taking Medicare any longer. I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop on me and mine. Oh....just sayin.

Guess this "old, white guy" Republican voted for Romney just hoping that Obama-care would be repealed. Now my Government annuity and Social Security payment (take home pay) will be about $40 less per month than in 2012. Do you suppose I could ask for food stamps to pay for the $3.99 a gallon for milk or $3.29 for a loaf of bread, or the over $4.00 a gallon for high test fuel. I guess you could say I'm a bit concerned about how much longer I can afford to stay retired. Say, do you think there is an opening at Wall-Mart for a 71 yo greeter? Yeah, I'm gonna need that brochure.

Just want to say that the Vic HID lights I just purchased will probably the last thing I can afford to buy for my pretty new white XCT.

BTW Saddlebag has a great product ... even though I don't agree with his political view.

Enjoy the next four years folks...I'm not going to mention politics to my family, or any of my friends nor enemies. You all got what you wanted and now you will have to live with it. Trouble is, so will I. I'm done....off the
So, you are one of the 47% that Romney was bagging on - and you support him?

You are sitting here, complaining about losing YOUR ENTITLEMENTS and being asked to pay more towards your healthcare.

Also, how is it Obama's fault if a doctor refuses to take Medicare any longer?? Blame the doctor, not the President.

I am a state govt employee. Over the last three years, we have been the scapegoats for every problem in this state, and we have had a 15% pay cut due to furloughs, and an increase in our pension contributions AND healthcare contributions. $60/month is NOTHING. Im losing $750/month just in furloughs, and thats not counting increases to my pension or healthcare coming out of my check either.
2003 Vegas - straight pipes, Big Sucker air filter kit, black powder coated everything - foot controls, handlebars, clutch and brake housing, fork lowers, luggage rack, wheels, digital speedo with powder coated housing. Relocated key switch, red plug wires. Mustang solo seat. LED ring blinkers in front. Black DEI pipe wrap.
so-crates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #45
ridealittle

Quote:
Jealous and resentful of the poor in the US. Strange. Wonder if you wish your house got flooded and washed away so you could get some of that free FEMA money. You guys are really out to lunch
im not jealous of the poor, just tired of people who decide to have 3 kids when they can't even pay rent get free food, and tax refunds they didn't even pay in. and alcholics and druggies that just don't work or work just enough to get by get food stamps. oh excuse me, ebt cards, we don't want to offend people we are supporting . do you realize that anyone making low enough or no wages can get food stamps? do you realize most people that get them sell at least a partial amount for 50 on the hundred? im not an o hater either, i won't say i voted for him, but i did vote against romney, he is 2 faced and 2 rich for me.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #46
DakotaRider

Garage

Quote:
Your health insurance is going up due to age and/or a claim history. Most insurance companies remained flat this year or had a slight decrease. Blaming a health insurance increase is wrong. Had Romney won your rates would still be going up. Did you really think a Romney win would have caused a massive decrease in health premiums. I bet you thought gas pricing would have gone down too
Sorry my friend, you have it wrong there. My rates are not going up due to age or claim history. I'm with Federal Employees Health Insurance....ages in my group run from just born to 100 y/o folks. And the numbers in the group run in the thousands of people. Just think how many govt employees have been added in the last four years. And, since we were jammed into the USG Health Care company (read United Healthcare-you know who they are...the only one Approved by AARP) our rates are sky rocketing.

And....I'm just saying. Please don't give me that old age BS.

Current Bike:
2012 Victory - Pearl White XCT - Dutchess
Rapid City, SD
Previous Bikes:
02 Goldwing - Stream Silver Metallic GL-1800
07 Goldwing - Dark Orange Metallic GL-1800
DakotaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #47
Azdave

Well then you are in the minority. Most group plans stayed flat or actually went down on renewals. Anyways sorry yours went up.
BTW the average for he entire health industry was 4% for 2012

So the poor have 3 kids and then live off food stamps and welfare. So I have to ask. Your against birth control your pro life but once the child is born you become anti life????!! Sorry but I cannot figure your side out.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000

Last edited by Azdave; 11-09-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #48
DakotaRider

Garage

Quote:
Well then you are in the minority. Most group plans stayed flat or actually went down on renewals. Anyways sorry yours went up.
BTW the average for he entire health industry was 4% for 2012

So the poor have 3 kids and then live off food stamps and welfare. So I have to ask. Your against birth control your pro life but once the child is born you become anti life????!! Sorry but I cannot figure your side out.
I never said anything about being on one side or another. I just said that I don't agree with some people's political views. I never said anything about food stamps, birth control etc. I'm just pissed that the government feels they can just raise rates without any justification when others (as you say went down or stayed flat upon renewal) didn't change ... or very little. And just because I profess to be a "card carrying Republican" doesn't mean I adhere to what "most" Democrats feel a Republican believes. I don't follow party-line like a lemming. I do see that a lot, it seems that most who voted for the President did. Sorry if that ruffles feathers, but I see both parties wanting people to follow the party line without any allowing for personal beliefs. After I just read what I just typed, I guess I'll have to re-register as an Independent. There are some things that the President does (says) that I agree with. Although there are not many. Same applies to the GOP....I agree with most of what the GOP aspires to ... but not all. My main beef with the government (both parties) is there is just TOO DAMNED much of it. I want them to leave me alone and live my retirement in peace. The way it is going ... I'm afraid I'm going to have to look for part-time work or go rob a bank. That last sentence is said in jest, but if I keep loosing the buying power I have in my income (annuity and Social Security only) something will have to change in my families lifestyle. I do hope that things change for the better...nationwide, but I'm dubious at best. I'm going to do with what I have...that is the only thing I can do. Another thing I just want to throw out...I just attended a VA briefing on what the govt provides for veterans burials. Just a hole and a stone, not what was promised when I enlisted. Just several years ago a friend of mine received transportation to his home state, provided a casket and full military honors. The will give you a honor guard still, I just wonder when that will be something I will have to pay for too. You see what I'm saying??? It never ends. Sigh!!!!

Current Bike:
2012 Victory - Pearl White XCT - Dutchess
Rapid City, SD
Previous Bikes:
02 Goldwing - Stream Silver Metallic GL-1800
07 Goldwing - Dark Orange Metallic GL-1800

Last edited by DakotaRider; 11-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.
DakotaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #49
Azdave

I agree with most of your post. In AZ we have people with support our troops bumper stickers yet they vote for a POS like Flake that votes against every returning vet bill. There is too much government. We never needed Homeland Security. TSA is a huge sucking sound. Does any TSA agent make you feel safer? I travel all the time and never do I feel confidence in them. Lots of attitude and standing around.

Perhaps some of the work to avoid the fiscal cliff we address the too large of government.

BTW there is a job in DC that opened up. CIA director. You would think a CIA guy would be better at covering it up
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #50
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I agree with most of your post.
I disagree with most of it. The lemmings nearly all seem to be Republicans. Whatever Rush and his Fox/Drudge lemmings trot out as truth is what they nearly all seem to believe. There is no such force for policy on the left. Most of Obama's policies are centrist to conservative. Real liberals don't think he's very good for their causes at all, just considerably better than con men running game for the monied interests on the right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement