metric cruiser? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
putput

Thanks for the suggestions on the Vulcan. Quite a few choices around here (KCMO). Are warrior and mean streak the same bike? Anyone migrate from one of these metrics to a V92? Would like to hear some thoughts. I know from reading here that almost everyone is happy moving up to their X bikes as far as comfort, power, storage.
putput is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
TNXR

The main reason I moved to the XR was more power and storage but as far as comfort goes I actually find my Suzuki to be better but every person is different when it comes to what is comfortable. One thing at your height (I am the same size) is that most bikes just don't have the legroom to really get comfortable. The Cross bikes are the first I have ever sat on that fit my 34" inseam in stock configuration. Had to get forwards for my Suzuki which made it a whole different bike when it came to comfort.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #13
putput

How is the clutch pull on Vulcans and Boulevards. I am healing up from this and my thumb and index finger are still weak but I am determined.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg arm.jpg (25.4 KB, 12 views)
putput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
WJMCrossRoads
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Clutch pull was a lot easier on my Vulcan 900 than on my XR. I still have my 09 Vulcan for sale, but I'm in TX. :/

The 900 was a great bike, I too just wanted a little more power at highway speeds and a 6th gear. Also wanted American made. I would own another Vulcan though if I were more budget constrained.

Next: HID, Light Bar, Tach

Gig 'Em Ags!

WJMCrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
Marius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
....but as far as comfort goes I actually find my Suzuki to be better but every person is different....
You cought me off guard with that one.

I know every person is different but really curious what you mean by that, it would be really cool if you could elaborate.

Is it because of the way you have your M50 setup?

I don't feel my bike handles 2up well at all, doesn't feel stable. It'll do it, but it's not pleasant (to me). But maybe that's because mine has the factory seats without backrests.

On the other hand, when I threw the same chick on the hammer, I wouldn't have know she was there, if she wasn't making me blush with excitment.

Personally, as much as I enjoy my M50 on my own, for cruise night 2up riding I'd skip the 800-900 segment alltogether.
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...

Last edited by Marius; 11-09-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
BanditSRT8

M109s and Warriors are exceptional machines. LOTS of power, and in the case of the Warrior, you get exceptional handling along with the power.

Also a nice, large aftermarket to customize as you see fit. A much larger aftermarket than Victory.

I prefer the look and feel of a Vic like a Vegas, Hammer or Jackpot, but in your price range, I would shoot for one of the two I mentioned.

If you're ok going a little down in displacement, the Yamaha Star Stryker is a very comfortable bike to ride and looks hot as hell.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #17
TNXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius View Post
You cought me off guard with that one.

I know every person is different but really curious what you mean by that, it would be really cool if you could elaborate.

Is it because of the way you have your M50 setup?

I don't feel my bike handles 2up well at all, doesn't feel stable. It'll do it, but it's not pleasant (to me). But maybe that's because mine has the factory seats without backrests.

On the other hand, when I threw the same chick on the hammer, I wouldn't have know she was there, if she wasn't making me blush with excitment.

Personally, as much as I enjoy my M50 on my own, for cruise night 2up riding I'd skip the 800-900 segment alltogether.
I know it may be hard to beleive since I know you came from a M50 but after an hour on the road without stopping the XR starts to cramp my hands and bother my upper back. I don't have those problems on my M50. I think it is the combination of forward controls with a mini floorboard and leaning toward the tank on the M50 that makes it more comfortable for me. I am not saying my XR is all that uncomfortable but I think getting some handlebars that come back a couple of inches will probably solve the problem. As far as 2up goes the M50 treated me well and I can not tell a difference in handeling but you could tell a big difference in braking and power in the mountain twisties. The power of the 106 and the addition of two extra brake discs took all of those problems away.

Last edited by TNXR; 11-10-2012 at 05:29 AM.
TNXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #18
basshawk84

Check out Yamaha's RoadStars or Warriors. You can find them reasonably priced for used. I think 08 was the first year for fuel injection on the RoadStar, but the Warrior had it long before. I owned an 03 roadie, had a lot of fun customizing and was very reliable. 1602 CC bike, newer version is 1700cc.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #19
colobluefox

I moved up from a Honda VTX 1300 C. It was a great bike and I would recommend it to anyone. I still miss the the Mustang seat I had on it.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
Emack76

Quote:
Originally Posted by putput View Post
How is the clutch pull on Vulcans and Boulevards. I am healing up from this and my thumb and index finger are still weak but I am determined.
OUch man! Heal up quickly ok?

If EFI is a requirement, those c50s and vulcans are exceptional values. The clutch is easy on them and there is absolutely nothing wrong with those bikes.

I rode the wife's c50 for 20k miles before I picked up the XCT this year. I liked that bike!

NADA for a 2005 c90 is $5600, but you'll find the clutch-pull on them is harder.

I'd seriously recommend c50 or vulcan 900 since you plan on moving to american made when your health and finances iimprove. The c50 has FAR superior stock seat by the way. The Mrs will appreciate that.
Central Missouri
Emack76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement