110 octane? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Rooster-racing

Default 110 octane?

So I live in MN and every year I put 110 octane leaded fuel in my snowmobile before I store it for the year. It seems to store better and not clog up my fuel system so much. I've been doing that for years and after yearly inspection I've never had to clean my carbs. So the question is can I fill my tank on my 2009 jackpot on my last ride of the year to keep things clean? I have drag pipes running no o2 sensors. I know the leaded fuel clogs catalytic converters. Is it enough to make a difference? I feel stabil and other products that help store fuel are a joke. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 04:47 AM   #2
gibson
Lifetime Premium

The only thing that leaded fuel will hurt is the catalytic converter. Lead will coat the catalyst and stop it from functioning correctly. Use of leaded fuel over a long period can cause excessive exhaust restriction in the converter.

If you haven't used all the leaded fuel you should drain the tank. If you have used it all then there is nothing to do besides drive it. The lead from one tank probably wont have a long term affect on the converter. To me it is just not worth the hassle. You could run it empty or use Sta-bil in the tank.
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #3
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Just find some gas without the 10% alcohol thing...

Putting 110 octane in a stock compression bike is like using a flame thrower to light cigarettes when a match works fine.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
gibson
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Just find some gas without the 10% alcohol thing...

Putting 110 octane in a stock compression bike is like using a flame thrower to light cigarettes when a match works fine.
Half crazy he is talking about LEADED gas not ethanol..
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson View Post
Half crazy he is talking about LEADED gas not ethanol..
Yeah, I know. Why do the 110 octane leaded when you can get the same results from some pure unleaded gasoline at 92 octane? It's the ethenol that causes issues when sitting.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
The Wolf

If you decide against leaded - definitely try to find some ethanol free gas for storage. Also I've always heard to fill it full, the more empty space, the more room for condensation. I use this site to find ethanol free stations I can fill up from at the end of the boating season:
http://pure-gas.org/
Advertisement