check out these lights :) - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-10-2012, 11:52 PM   #11
9secondsflat

Ever since switching to HIDs I have had more cars/trucks pull over and let me pass (when doing the speed limit) and this is on low beam....

they do look nice on your vic...but from a pure function stand point the hid's are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45caldan View Post
I should have mentioned they are WAY brighter than the factory lights!
50w Halogen bulbs!
1976 Yamaha RD350
1977 Suzuki RM125
1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1997 Honda CBR1100 XX
2000 Turbo Hayabusa
2001 Suzuki GSXR1000
2009 Victory Hammer S
2008 Yamaha Wr250x
2009 Kawasaki 650R
2010 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
2007 KTM 950 SM

Current bikes- 2010 Victory XC and ZX14, Triumph Carpenter Rocket 243 rwhp/193 ft/lbs tq at the tire.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #12
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

45caldan: your set-up looks effective. Nice job! I applaud anyone making an effort to improve their visibility/safety on their ride. We are invisible to most of the cagers out there, so we need a fighting chance to win the battle on the road.

I decided on the clearwater LED's for my XC and they have been worth every penny. Like 9SF, I've had a number of four-wheelers move over and let me pass, during the day. I have the dimmer control rotated to the max-level during the day. I had a woman wave me over at a stop sign, she said, "I can't drive with you back there with those lights." I told her I have extra lighting to keep me visible during the day. She said, Yeah, I know, be careful. Before I installed CR's low-beam HID bulb, I always rode with the high-beam, but now I don't need to.

When I commute to work in the early morning, I've had a few cagers flash their high-beams at me. It's funny to me, because the majority of those drivers have vehicles that have their fancy array of LED's below their main bulb. Seems those drivers are very sensitive types.

2011 Blue XC
Lloydz Cams/PCV/D&D Exhaust/Lloydz IAV/Lloydz AF/ Dyno=112.41HP/112.33T/Dyno-Tuning performed by Kyle @ KMC Power SportsPassenger Armrests/Heated Touring seat/Driver Backrest/1" drop Link/IPOD cable/XCT W/S/Clearwater LED's/CR's HID Kit/Hyper-Lite LED Brake Lights/EBC Brake Pads/Avon Grips/Stebel Air Horn

Next Up: 2014 Blue/Silver XCT
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #13
Pckrfan

I had the OEM HID low beam and my PIAA halogen driving lights illuminated and still the cager got me. My XR was a total loss and I received some pretty significant injuries. (Nothing compared to cornfedboy). I am currently looking for a replacement set of driving lights for my AG XC and yours are quite appealing. So are the Clearwater LED's. I wish I could make up my mind. Thanks for posting the pics.
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #14
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan View Post
I had the OEM HID low beam and my PIAA halogen driving lights illuminated and still the cager got me. My XR was a total loss and I received some pretty significant injuries. (Nothing compared to cornfedboy). I am currently looking for a replacement set of driving lights for my AG XC and yours are quite appealing. So are the Clearwater LED's. I wish I could make up my mind. Thanks for posting the pics.
I hear you...no magic bullet here to keep the shiny side up. Clearwater was offering a Forum members discount when I purchased in 2011. Just saw an AG XC in a group of other riders today; really stood out in a sea of also-ran's.

2011 Blue XC
Lloydz Cams/PCV/D&D Exhaust/Lloydz IAV/Lloydz AF/ Dyno=112.41HP/112.33T/Dyno-Tuning performed by Kyle @ KMC Power SportsPassenger Armrests/Heated Touring seat/Driver Backrest/1" drop Link/IPOD cable/XCT W/S/Clearwater LED's/CR's HID Kit/Hyper-Lite LED Brake Lights/EBC Brake Pads/Avon Grips/Stebel Air Horn

Next Up: 2014 Blue/Silver XCT

Last edited by RedRocker; 11-21-2012 at 05:01 PM.
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #15
Bikendad

For 53 bones each those look real tough to beat!
Bikendad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #16
45caldan

I love the look and extra (bright) lighting up front!
45caldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement