Obama continues to fail - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by lova View Post
@depot - is it too late to vote?

lets go ride duuuude!
Had to put star washers on my battery after work. it's on the battery tender now. If it starts in an hour I'll be riding a few minutes after. Should be in the 30s by the time I get home. AND...I WANT A RECOUNT!
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
SilentUnicorn

Some one needs to stomp the sour grapes in here into wine.

m
Old 11-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
lova

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
Had to put star washers on my battery after work. it's on the battery tender now. If it starts in an hour I'll be riding a few minutes after. Should be in the 30s by the time I get home. AND...I WANT A RECOUNT!
30s?!?!? man i fell ya...it's in the mid 70s down here in texas ...this is why i cant move up north dont like the 'cold'. i hope Marguerite starts
lova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:51 AM   #14
woodrow731

I get what your saying depot. I am not sure why all these people are talking about insurance and people getting what they deserve. Thats not even close to what he is saying and the ones who are saying these things should stop putting words in peoples mouths. The only thing this says is people (not all some) are not getting the help they need during this catastrophe. I also know plenty of republicans and not a single one will hesitate to help a person when they need it no matter where they are from or what color they are. So for some of the guys on here to keep acting like republicans as a whole are racist is stupid.
vic performance pipe
109 big bore
s&s .495 cams
variable clutch
woodrow731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 AM   #15
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow731 View Post
I get what your saying depot. I am not sure why all these people are talking about insurance and people getting what they deserve.
The underlying concept behind conservatism is self reliance. In and of itself, it's a fine concept. The issue is that we live together and benefit by having a central authority that can direct common resources and referee disputes. This direction of common resources to storm victims is "redistribution" of wealth.

Now I'll grant you that there are lots of Republicans who understand this and no one is saying they wouldn't help their neighbors. But the Fox News of the world want their viewers to believe they can have it both ways. If Obama spends a nickle of tax money, he's a raging Marxist who is going to take your freedom and possessions. If he doesn't spend enough gov't money to fix $50 billion in storm damages in a week, he's too stingy and inconsiderate.

The Katrina victims were dirt poor and had no means of picking up and leaving. I seem to recall a lot of right wingers blaming them for their situation because they failed to leave as they were instructed.

People with coastal property on Long Island, Staten Island, etc, are typically not people without means to leave when they are instructed to do so. If they are staying against the instructions of authorities, what would you do if you were in charge? Would you have Obama force gov't officials to stay with them in dangerous conditions to help protect their uninsured material goods?

Last edited by saddlebag; 11-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.
saddlebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #16
Azdave

Storm was classified as a tropical storm not a hurricane. This will help many with insurance. From the huge hurricane deductible to their regular deductible. If you don't have insurance you are very foolish.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
Pckrfan

Ok, being a partial,outsider, after reading the posts, the question that comes to mind is this.... Does FEMA only assist people that had homeowners insurance? Is that why they were so ineffective for Katrina victims?
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
woodrow731

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
. This direction of common resources to storm victims is "redistribution" of wealth.
again another stupid ass comment. for you to claim to be such an educated guy you cannot see past the end of your nose. here you go again trying to twist a dislike of redistribution into terms that fit what you want. i have not been watching the news lately but would like to know which from the right are saying stop giving aid to the storm victims.
vic performance pipe
109 big bore
s&s .495 cams
variable clutch
woodrow731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #19
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodrow731 View Post
again another stupid ass comment. for you to claim to be such an educated guy you cannot see past the end of your nose. here you go again trying to twist a dislike of redistribution into terms that fit what you want. i have not been watching the news lately but would like to know which from the right are saying stop giving aid to the storm victims.
Why don't you try to answer my question. If *you* were president, what would *you* do differently? It's fine to criticize gov't, but when you do, you should be able to explain what's wrong and how *you* would change it.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:11 PM   #20
Creek_IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Would you have Obama force gov't officials to stay with them in dangerous conditions to help protect their uninsured material goods?
I know it's different but that right there is FUNNY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been ordered to remain in much more dangerous situations for people who WON'T (or can't) protect what is theirs. As far as the nor-easter, we've weathered blizzards and ice storms in friggen GP small hex tents with a yukon heater for a field training exercise. So I guess I'll cry em a river. (the .gov officials that had to leave for their safety that is.)

Should people try to prepare for disaster? YEP! Should the various levels of .gov be prepared to aid when it happens? YEP! Is my disaster plan to sit around and wait on the .gov? NOPE!

And I'm not twisting words. Just stating my opinion and we know what that equates to.
Advertisement