metric cruiser? - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #21
Marius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
I know it may be hard to beleive since I know you came from a M50 but after an hour on the road without stopping the XR starts to cramp my hands and bother my upper back. I don't have those problems on my M50. I think it is the combination of forward controls with a mini floorboard and leaning toward the tank on the M50 that makes it more comfortable for me. I am not saying my XR is all that uncomfortable but I think getting some handlebars that come back a couple of inches will probably solve the problem. As far as 2up goes the M50 treated me well and I can not tell a difference in handeling but you could tell a big difference in braking and power in the mountain twisties. The power of the 106 and the addition of two extra brake discs took all of those problems away.
Oh i see, that makes sense. I think the 2in pullback bars is probably one of the first mods many xr owners do anyway. Its likely to solve most of that issue for ya.
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #22
Donzo

You can get the Honda Shadow 1100s for cheap. I had a Shadow Sabre years ago - very solid, fast and reliable. Plenty of after market stuff to make it what ever you want.
You can find them in great shape going for $4000.

Good luck!
Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #23
busajack

Garage
Thumbs up

If you can afford it the yamaha Raider is the best V twin Ive ever owned. Prices comming down on used.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
saintdruss13

Garage

I would hold out for a older Vic if your spending around 6000 their out there, I found this 04 Vic TC for only 4000 bucks it only had 2500 miles on it. I've always promised myself I would never become a brand loyalist but the longer I ride this bike the harder it is to keep that promise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0032.jpg (46.2 KB, 10 views)

2004 TC
Lake Havasu City AZ.
saintdruss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #25
putput

Thanks for all of the replies everyone. Nice to get some honest opinions of some other mfgs without being flamed.
putput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #26
Pckrfan

Well, maybe you should look at an 07 or 08 Kingpin.......after all, some vendors mix Victory under the Metric banner for parts..... So you would be true to,your search for a bike...... A metric cruiser = Victory Kingpin.
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #27
TNXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emack76 View Post
OUch man! Heal up quickly ok?

If EFI is a requirement, those c50s and vulcans are exceptional values. The clutch is easy on them and there is absolutely nothing wrong with those bikes.

I rode the wife's c50 for 20k miles before I picked up the XCT this year. I liked that bike!

NADA for a 2005 c90 is $5600, but you'll find the clutch-pull on them is harder.

I'd seriously recommend c50 or vulcan 900 since you plan on moving to american made when your health and finances iimprove. The c50 has FAR superior stock seat by the way. The Mrs will appreciate that.
+1 on the boulevards. I've got nearly 20k on my M50 and never a problem out of it. Actually left the XR in the garage today and put 75 miles on the m50, it was looking lonely.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #28
ftwflh

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

Quote:
Originally Posted by putput View Post
Thanks for the responses. 6 grand or under on the price range so used only. Midwest is location. Boulevard's may be considered. VTX? Warrior? I was not thinking under 900cc maybe I should.

I got my V92TC for a little over $5000.He started at $7000 and came down fast when cash came out.I wouldnt trade the V92 for any of the Jap cruisers.too big of quallity and power dif.
1996 GMC truck
2005 Trailblazer
ftwflh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:25 PM   #29
lstayner

Default V Star 1300

Take a look at the V Star 1300. I sold my 2007 for $5,000 setup with a fairing and bags. They are a very dependable bike. Sold mine with 38K on it and never had a problem. I think Star will be using the same V Twin in the Royal Star and Venture when they finally update them after 12 years. The 1300 is a very good long range bike like the CC is.

Word to the wise about a MS Batwing fairing. Save your money and buy a Med height windshield with lowers. Batwing looks cool but beats the crap out of you at higher speeds.

A freind of mine actually has his for sale in Ames, IA. It is setup for solo if your interested.

Larry

2011 Pearl White Vision 50,291 smiles in 2 years
lstayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #30
irv

im another vtx 130C convert. bought new in 04. best overall bike
i ever had. we rode 2 up all the time. put on an ultimate seat for comfort. and easier clutch pull is available.smoth,quiet,good
power, and good mileage.32000 trouble free miles. new owner
loves it. we wanted more carrying room and the dealer also
sold victorys.--irv
hard bags,xc adj pass footrests, color keyed side
chin fairings. 7 jurock custom made windshield.
ultimate seat, hid low beams,
and of course, a ric z laydown license bracket.
irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement