Turning Radius (Radii) - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Emack76

Default Turning Radius (Radii)

I've finished some searching and can't find any advertised turning radius listed for the various bikes in the victory lineup. I'm especially interested for the cross country. The only thing I've been able to find is anecdotal: "..cross country has a slightly better turning radius than the road king. We would turn those king's around in a 17' circle.

I do routinely turn around on 20' roadways, but as I'm practicing moto-officer techniques, I want to know how close to set my cones for a real challenge.

...and yes I know, radius is only half the circle. I suppose technically I'm looking for the curb-to-curb turn diameter.

Central Missouri

Last edited by Emack76; 11-12-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Emack76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emack76 View Post
I've finished some searching and can't find any advertised turning radius listed for the various bikes in the victory lineup. I'm especially interested for the cross country. The only thing I've been able to find is anecdotal: "..cross country has a slightly better turning radius than the road king. We would turn those king's around in a 17' circle.

I do routinely turn around on 20' roadways, but as I'm practicing moto-officer techniques, I want to know how close to set my cones for a real challenge.

...and yes I know, radius is only half the circle. I suppose technically I'm looking for the curb-to-curb turn diameter.

Parking stall depth is usually 18' - hope this helps:
As you can see, turning radius will vary according to your skill - the bike won't be the one limiting you.

Start with a larger radius at first - do a 30' diameter in a parking lot, and see how the 30' feels. You can decrease it from there as you feel comfortable.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
dentdave
Lifetime Premium

I took a "Ride like a pro course" back in May, you will have no problems turning . My driveway is 19 feet across and with no cars on it I can do u turns in it all day with a little room to spare,
IBA # 33520 - 1000 in 24
Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195/55/16
dentdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #4
Lostintexas

Narrow FM roads in Texas with little to no truck traffic means 9 foot lanes, or they start out that way.
U turn 2 up, not problem. 20 ft driveway, lots-o-room. I have yet to drag on the XCT. I would do it regularly with the Wing and Venture. The only real problem is me. I had a hard time with the twin engine sound vs. the V-4 on the venture or the boxer on the Wing. I do fine as long as I don't think about it.

On paper the Road King might have a little tighter turning because of the wheel base. RK- 63.5 vs CC- 65.7. Two inches in the wheel base is considerable, it also gives better road manners when riding and touring with a longer base. Lean angle? Dunno, I think they say 33 degrees on the CC but tht seems conservative.

ARC will help anyone out there and is done on your bike. A great way to get to know your machine.

Cheers

Last edited by Lostintexas; 11-13-2012 at 07:09 AM.
Lostintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
ridealittle

i could turn my rk a lot tighter but not because of the technical reasons. on my xr the reach to the bars in a full turn is so far i have to come forward in my seat to reach the outer grip. makes a very awkward balance for me.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement