Advice Needed - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 AM   #11
vcountry12
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I find a rider backrest to be a must for me. Getting one from Victory is difficult right now because they are in the middle of changing the vendor who makes them for Vic. An alternative is Utopia Backrests.

Like mentioned a pair good full finger gloves with some padding will help with any handlebar vibration and maybe for some reason you are prone to it more than others or maybe there's something going on with the bike to cause an excessive amount of vibration in the bars. No way to know without riding it.

There are vibration dampening devices. Most people seem to be happy with the Vibranators.

What is the OD and ID of 2012 CC bars, I would like to try this Vibenator?
2012 Cory Ness CC #176
RPW Pipes
Llyodz CAMs (Done by Rylan Voss), Air-Filter, VFC, 1/4 turn throttle ring, Adj Timing Wheel, and Reprogrammed ECM
Cee Bailey Dragon Windshield, Bag Liners and Lowers
PIAA Driving Lights
XM radio and IPOD adapter
Dragon Bobs Windshield Bag
RF amp, Polk DB651 front and Kicker Rear speakers
Mustang Vintage Seat
kewlMetal Gauge Rings
HID Headlight
Color Matched Chin Spoiler, trunk and Dash
Maxton Cheeze Wedge
RAM Mounts
HMD Pullback Bars
vcountry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #12
vcountry12
Lifetime Premium

What is the OD and ID of the bars on a 2012 Ness CC?
2012 Cory Ness CC #176
RPW Pipes
Llyodz CAMs (Done by Rylan Voss), Air-Filter, VFC, 1/4 turn throttle ring, Adj Timing Wheel, and Reprogrammed ECM
Cee Bailey Dragon Windshield, Bag Liners and Lowers
PIAA Driving Lights
XM radio and IPOD adapter
Dragon Bobs Windshield Bag
RF amp, Polk DB651 front and Kicker Rear speakers
Mustang Vintage Seat
kewlMetal Gauge Rings
HID Headlight
Color Matched Chin Spoiler, trunk and Dash
Maxton Cheeze Wedge
RAM Mounts
HMD Pullback Bars
vcountry12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #13
jaysonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Trade it for one of these:

Stripped Goldwing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0gmq...A&feature=plcp

I kind of like this thing. never dreamed there would be a GW, that interested me, but this is interesting. Plus, did you notice the Vision in the back ground ?
Kingpin tour tins
jaysonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
marconewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Trade it for one of these:

Stripped Goldwing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0gmq...A&feature=plcp

Nice but not a muscle bike....no thanx
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #15
dave-scs

Default same problem

I have the same problem and I have been riding for almost 20 years. I never had this problem then I bought a 2001 nomad had it for 2 years. I agree about the pull back bars my arms are straight out not bent at all. I have had everything from honda harley to kawasaki did not have that problem with them but my elbows were bent. If I was not planning on getting a new xct this spring I would get some pull backs for the nomad.
1986 harley springer soft tail
1979 harley shovel head
1982 harley spotster
dave-scs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

I can't believe this has not been suggested more. Adjust your bars. I had the same problem with the factory set position on my Kingpin and so did a buddy who rode it. Costs nothing but a little time and effort. Lower the bars until your hands are comfortable. They hurt because not enough blood is circulating and your back because your are reaching too far forward. Again, I had the same problem. Let me know how it works out.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #17
wspollack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons View Post
I can't believe this has not been suggested more. Adjust your bars. I had the same problem with the factory set position on my Kingpin and so did a buddy who rode it. Costs nothing but a little time and effort. Lower the bars until your hands are comfortable. They hurt because not enough blood is circulating and your back because your are reaching too far forward. Again, I had the same problem. Let me know how it works out.
4 Inch: certainly a good suggestion. However, on my XCT - at least as put together at the factory, or by the dealer (not sure whether the handlebars are on, in the crate) - the bars are already as low as they can go. There's maybe an inch of clearance over the top of the tank, especially given the sound-system and cruise-control brackets. Just sayin', is all.

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/
wspollack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:49 PM   #18
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Sorry I couldn't be of help. On my KP mine barely clears the top of the tank. My first ride of 30 miles got the same result as you described. My hands went numb and the wind pushing me back in the seat had me feeling like I was working hard just to hang on to the bike to keep from being blown off. (The kite effect. With hands up in the air my body was acting like a sail on a boat and it wore me out)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #19
BThomas
Premium Member

This whole thread is full of great advice!

What you're describing is pretty common, especially for riders over 40... Here's what i do to combat it...

1 Work out regularly if you can, 2 move around on the seat and move your feet around a few times an hour when you're on long rides, 3 Take your left hand off the bars and rest it in your lap for a couple minutes every 20 min or so (it changes your entire upper position and forces you to relax your shoulders). 4 Make a conscious effort to relax your grip on the bars and through your shoulders...5 Make sure you stop, walk around a bit and stretch every hour or so while on your trip--especially in the beginning of the trip when you don't feel like you need it. 6 Never ride without gloves...

Also, when getting ready for a multi hour ride, try to ride a lot in the days leading up to your trip. You have a very comfortable bike--even in stock form--I wouldn't go modding it for comfort until I put more hours in the saddle...

Good luck!!
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #20
Rgbfireman

I sure appreciate all the ideas/suggestions!! I am 43y/o and I'm 5' 11"! I do wear gloves and have to rest my hands on my leg they go to sleep so bad! I have ridden other people's motorcycles, but only down the street and back! This is my first bike and do not have any riding experience! I will try some of the easier ideas and then work my way up to the harder (expensive) ones later!

2012 Cross Country (Imperial Blue)
Rgbfireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement