HID headlights - VictoryHID - Page 49 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #481
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
Thanks Crossroads, but I meant how to open the headlight bucket (2010 hammer 8ball) Its the owners manual i cant find....yet!!
Ahh, remove screw (15) at the bottom of the headlight bezel (see drawing below). The rest will be self explanatory.
2010hammer-8ball-bucket.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #482
Scuba

your a good man!! However, and entirely my fault, I forgot (because it was so long ago), that I paid for the square style headlight. Different configuration. It had a scew underneath, and also 2 allan key screws on the side, but light still wont budge grr!!

Do you have scematic of this type?
Cheers Sorry for being a pain!
2005 Honda VFR800 (Sold)
2000 Suzuki GSXR1000 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR750 (Sold)
1992 Kawasaki GPX250 (Sold)
Honda 50cc Trike (on the Farm)
"I was a BMX King" So says me! :D
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #483
Dolphin

Lightbulb

Quote:
your a good man!! However, and entirely my fault, I forgot (because it was so long ago), that I paid for the square style headlight. Different configuration. It had a scew underneath, and also 2 allan key screws on the side, but light still wont budge grr!!

Do you have scematic of this type?
Cheers Sorry for being a pain!
I can help you here. I believe you mean this headlight with 4 screws around the headlight (2 of them in the rear on each side) and another one in the middle (you will need to pull the headlight up as if aiming it higher to access it) Before you access the middle one, take the top cover off so it doesn't fall off when you pull the headlight up. Then inside the headlight bucket you have 2 more screws holding the headlight itself to the bucket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10HMR.jpg (18.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #484
Dolphin

Question

I've seen many pics and vids of the 5k and 6k bulbs, does anybody have pics or vids of the 4.5k bulb?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #485
Scuba

Dolphin,
Thanks for the come back, Now i'm unsure if the one provided to me will fit this headlight? (yes the one above is mine). Do you or Crossroads know if it will, or do I need to order another. Funny how you forget some items you change when purchasing the bike 2 years ago.
If I need another, how do i go about ordering it, as I can no longer order based on original Bike Specs. Also, if new one needed, I wouldnt exchange, Ill just on-sell here, thanks
2005 Honda VFR800 (Sold)
2000 Suzuki GSXR1000 (Sold)
1998 Suzuki GSXR750 (Sold)
1992 Kawasaki GPX250 (Sold)
Honda 50cc Trike (on the Farm)
"I was a BMX King" So says me! :D
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #486
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Dolphin,
Thanks for the come back, Now i'm unsure if the one provided to me will fit this headlight? (yes the one above is mine). Do you or Crossroads know if it will, or do I need to order another. Funny how you forget some items you change when purchasing the bike 2 years ago.
If I need another, how do i go about ordering it, as I can no longer order based on original Bike Specs. Also, if new one needed, I wouldnt exchange, Ill just on-sell here, thanks
I don't know - it depends on what year and model the bullet one came off (yes, they all look the same from the outside, but are different inside). I'll go on a limb and guess that you've forgotten.

I might be able to tell if you take a clear picture from the front of the headlight, showing both bulbs. Otherwise, open the headlight bucket and take a picture and e-mail it to me. Also, so there is a point of contact with this issue, please fill out and submit this form: http://victoryhid.com/contact.php.

---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #487
Pop

Garage

OK kids. Let's put on our thinking caps and review 49 pages that I have just finished reading so that others may not have to.
1. By a landslide of consensus from purchasers it's a great product, fast delivery, apex service and communication and phenomenal price compared to the Victory factory alternative (albeit a less comprehensive kit than Victory offers).
2. Yes, it's a tight fit. Yes, it will fit.
3. Lawdy mama!. What choo mean "read the directions"? What directions? Ooooh, oh yeah, them directions.
4. Remove packing materials before installing product.
5. No really!? I dunno. I guess that I wouldn't have automatically gone to cutting and drilling my light bucket as plan B in an advertised plug and play install when things weren't plugging and playing. A good rule of thumb in that case is headlight buckets ain't cheap. Questions is.
6. Victory does not offer a high beam kit. CrossRoads does.
7. Repeat #6. Take it to the bank. Victory does not offer a high beam kit.
8. People who tout themselves as lighting experts on the internet and provide studies (including US and European gummint studies, both entities renowned for their competence) to back up their conclusions on the internet... or... what you can see with your own eyes for less than 100 bucks with a money back guarantee. Geez, tough call.
9. The reason that 2012 Cross Country Tour kits do not include a low beam conversion is that the HID low beam was factory standard equipment on that model.
10. If you have swapped out your headlight bucket or otherwise wound up with a non-stock headlight bucket then odds are high that when you order a kit based on original equipment info, it shouldn't be a surprise when the kit, she no fit. Refer to rule #5.
11. Sarcasm has a pronounced effect on some peeps. It doesn't necessarily shut them up but it does affect them and that's enough.
12. CrossRoads is a saint. For short money he is a patient, clear, instructive and reasonable provider of a product that obviously is in demand.

I just ordered the high beam kit for my Tour. I did read this thread soup to nuts (emphasis on nuts). It is no coincidence that Pop has not ever, not even once, entertained the foolish notion of retail sales. If I am ever so inclined I promise that I will refer to this thread for realignment.
Pop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:35 PM   #488
Hatchet

What pop said x's 2,

Traded in a 2009 Harley Electraglide Classic
Hatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #489
RidingVA

Ordered. Looking forward to receiving it.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #490
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Got mine about 3 weeks ago. Best bang for the buck I have spent to date!
Advertisement