A fair price? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Rules and New Members Introductions

Old 11-13-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
newoldrider

Default A fair price?

I'm looking for advice on what would be a fair price to pay for a 2011 Victory Cross Roads from a private seller with 14,000 miles. Assume the bike is in like new condition.... I appreciate all feedback.
newoldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
ridealittle

i would say around 12000.00
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
TNXR

I would say much less than that. I got my new 2011 back in Sept for not much more than that with all the extras.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
newoldrider

What would be a fair price for the cross country? same factors, 2011 like new condition. Thanks again.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoldrider View Post
What would be a fair price for the cross country? same factors, 2011 like new condition. Thanks again.
The Cross Country could be worth from $2K to $3K more than the Cross Roads. The logic is as follows: The XC comes with a fairing and audio gear hardware that the XR does not & those pieces can NOT be added to a CR at a later date so if you want them, you have to buy a XC up front. The value of those is probably around $2,500. In addition the XC comes with forged highway bars that you would have to pay about $500 to have added to the XR so there is your $3K difference.

Some say they "have all the extras" for X $'s but the reality is that few actually bought things like the chrome trim for the front and rear fenders, some bought iPod integration, others did not, some have the CB hardware, others do not, etc so my recommendation is to understand EXACTLY what has been added and use that for your calculations. There is a classifieds section here and you can get a good idea of what sold for how much from the closed ads in that section. As always, the seller's position will determine the final price. A while back many were in financial straights and dumped a few ont he market cheap. That doesn't mean that the next guy is going to do the same. In fact, prices for used stuff are actually on the rise once more...

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-13-2012 at 06:42 PM.
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
newoldrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
The Cross Country could be worth from $2K to $3K more than the Cross Roads. The logic is as follows: The XC comes with a fairing and audio gear hardware that the XR does not & those pieces can NOT be added to a CR at a later date so if you want them, you have to buy a XC up front. The value of those is probably around $2,500. In addition the XC comes with forged highway bars that you would have to pay about $500 to have added to the XR so there is your $3K difference.

Some say they "have all the extras" for X $'s but the reality is that few actually bought things like the chrome trim for the front and rear fenders, some bought iPod integration, others did not, some have the CB hardware, others do not, etc so my recommendation is to understand EXACTLY what has been added and use that for your calculations. There is a classifieds section here and you can get a good idea of what sold for how much from the closed ads in that section. As always, the seller's position will determine the final price. A while back many were in financial straights and dumped a few ont he market cheap. That doesn't mean that the next guy is going to do the same. In fact, prices for used stuff are actually on the rise once more...

Thanks for all of the info. I think the cross country is a great value once you consider all off the extras, however I like both bikes....

I have a hook on a 2011 cross country with many extras for just a hair over 12k and this seems to be a very good value on a very nice motorcycle. I plan on test riding it in just a few days.

On another note I test road a few road kings today and have ruled out getting a Harley... Nice bikes but not really for me.

Thank you to all who of have responded.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Just to add a little more to the equation.

I have around $25k into my XC(T) with all the goodies like tuning, cams, a trunk, lowers, etc. Maybe a little less now because I sold the factory lowers and bought the JTD lowers which I find to be superior to the factory lowers but that is just a personal observation. Many more folks feel exactly the opposite which is fine too.

The down side to putting all the money into personalizing any bike is chances are we can only get 20 cents on the dollar in return for it if we leave it on the bike so when we sell them the best thing to do is take the time to replace the goodies with the stock stuff and then sell off the good stuff piece by piece. Yes. It's a longer process and more work but the pay back is worth it unless you can find a buyer who will pay $.50 on the dollar as it sits on the bike.

Now someone who knows what they are looking at will gladly give you that $.50 on the dollar knowing they can sell it any time for that amount or even trade it out and get a better deal for the part.

I guess the moral of this story is to find one of those someones who knows what they are looking at so you can save a lot of garage time and packing time to get the same monetary result if that makes any sense...

The bottom line is it's best to just hang on to what you have unless someone comes along with an offer you can't refuse. Unfortunately after this last election the chances of that are between none and none.

Here's another thought. Since gas prices will probably double again; maybe bikes will skyrocket in price due the gas mileage they get. Something that looks good and is reliable should get top dollar soon.

That reminds me. I need to take my really sweet 04 KP off the market because I have it priced way too low at $5500 and price it where it should be at $6500. It'll just take a minute; be right back....
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
ndabunka

Bbob,
You are SO funny. Hope you got your KP off the market before someone bought it.

Fact is fuel prices are DROPPING, not rising. Futures predicts continued lower prices moving 2 & 3 years into the future with projections that the US will be energy interdependent within the next 5 years.

Once Congress realizes that they need to COMPROMISE, the fiscal cliff threat will be GONE which will mean that EVERYBODY will have more money unless you make more than $300K/year which none of us...except maybe you could attain in any single year...LOL

PS - It appears that you may have lost your bearings from all the political discussions. You ARE aware that this thread is about a BUYER shopping for a bike and not someone trying to understand if he could get $'s off parts that were added to a bike. Did you perhaps post this reply in the wrong thread?

Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune
Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Nope. I had it right and now that the elections are over and 0 got reelected we can look forward to sky rising prices on gas. Sure it will come down a little here and there but over all it will continue to go up up up up. Got to pay for all those obamaphones somehow right!

Elections have consequences. You all are about to find out what those are. Just don't say we didn't try to warn you. We did.

Sorry to hijack the thread mate....
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
ndabunka

^ above SPAMMER trying to route traffic to his "BICYCLE REPAIR" site!!! I bet that guy gets banned in 3-2-1...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement