IBA Riders forum - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Victoryforums Help Desk

Old 09-06-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
Tims_04V92TC

Garage
Default IBA Riders forum

Just curious on your thoughts about adding an IBA forum to the site? Reason I ask is that I have seen a fair amount of IBA posts both pre and post ride popping up in the last few months as well as myself about to take off on my 2nd ride this year. Yea, I have got the bug, no doubt, and am looking for tips, etc, as well as talking with other IBA riders.

I frequent the IBA web site as well as belong to the LDRiders forum and some from the ADVrider but find too much going on in it. I like how our forums are set up and keeping up with members here and what their doin.

This could be somewheres to dump post ride trip reports, feedback on HowTo, etc.
Might also give us a centralized area for news and events outside of regional. Like Steve Rolland being featured in the VIC news letter, etc. Could also be used to keep up with who's riding what on what rides as well as linking to articles of VICs and their riders.

It doesnt seem to fit the General forum and I think it can get lost in the lounge.

Thoughts???
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Bump
This fell off the active list about as soon as I posted it due to activity that day. Just curious if no one interested or just didn't see it since its under site discussions. if not interested any other ideas about documenting extreme riding on our Vic's?
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 10-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Rollin'

I like the idea.
Rollin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
...It doesnt seem to fit the General forum and I think it can get lost in the lounge.

Thoughts???
How about starting a thread in the regional forums? Would that work?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
How about starting a thread in the regional forums? Would that work?
Yup CR, thats what I am going to do and keep the subject line IBA to help searching. Didnt seem like much intrest like ADVrider or something. I seen enough folks posting on IBA's to make me wonder especially when your on a ride, other riders can jump in as long as their documenting their own start/return so it may promote some meet and greets. Anyway, I am going to update there and IBA stuff in the general forum and see how that goes for afew months. Thanks bud, errrr aaaahhh... Mr Admin

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 10-02-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
Yup CR, thats what I am going to do and keep the subject line IBA to help searching. Didnt seem like much intrest like ADVrider or something. I seen enough folks posting on IBA's to make me wonder especially when your on a ride, other riders can jump in as long as their documenting their own start/return so it may promote some meet and greets. Anyway, I am going to update there and IBA stuff in the general forum and see how that goes for afew months. Thanks bud, errrr aaaahhh... Mr Admin
If the thread gets popular will make a new forum for IBA. You're welcome buddy!... err, Mr Fellow Vic Rider.

---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #7
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Well here is what I come up with in THREAD format under the SE region. in case you want to check in on it on occasion CR. Thanks again!

Tim

http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...807#post104807

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 11-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
8BallHammer

Garage

I'm thinking about doing one around Lake Michigan this spring. Starting in SW MI heading north into the UP. I'd love to start with others, or pick up with others as we move along. I mapped it out, my address n back is about 997 miles, so I gotta throw in a detour.
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

If they had an ass, they would be pants
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Lostintexas

This just isn't the place that I would think to look for LD ride info. There are others, but it would be nice to hear about Victory folks that do this sort of insanity.
I haven't had time or the set up for a long ride, but hope by the time winter is over to make the first on the XCT very soon. There are still some nits to pick and had to get the seat situation taken care of, never have been able to get along with any stock seat, then there are some things I like to have along and will pull the fairing sometime when weather is not compadible with riding and start on a probable day long bucket list. Still gathering parts and pieces and the list is still growing.
Good luck to everyone who decides to try the waters on this kind of riding. It is addictive to some, but you either love it or hate it.
I guess I have the proper amount of brain damage. LOL

Cheers
Lostintexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostintexas View Post
This just isn't the place that I would think to look for LD ride info. There are others, but it would be nice to hear about Victory folks that do this sort of insanity.
I haven't had time or the set up for a long ride, but hope by the time winter is over to make the first on the XCT very soon. There are still some nits to pick and had to get the seat situation taken care of, never have been able to get along with any stock seat, then there are some things I like to have along and will pull the fairing sometime when weather is not compadible with riding and start on a probable day long bucket list. Still gathering parts and pieces and the list is still growing.
Good luck to everyone who decides to try the waters on this kind of riding. It is addictive to some, but you either love it or hate it.
I guess I have the proper amount of brain damage. LOL

Cheers
Nope your absolutely right.. This was a polling thread to see if folks on the site would like to have a Adventure forum for Vic riders who do IBA or adventure riding of the such. Crossroads asked to try in the regional first so trying to preceed IBA posts with that IBA - blah blah blah... Here is a linke to the original thread I posted in SE forums. So far, just me and depotpicker posted.. Don't look like it is taking off. http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...572#post106572

As you get closer to yours, feel free to post there or start a thread in your own region. Looking forward to hearing about and your right... You either love this stuff or do it once for the T-Shirt.. lol... Were planning our spring and summer runs now... Going to be a couple good runs!

Safe ridin
Tim

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Sponsored Links
Advertisement