Honda Goldwing F6B - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
Here's a word- Rune.
Pop, I love your prose, but your taste in machinery runs toward the gaudy.

Quote:
It is thin pickings to find a pix of the tail of the F6B (catchy name by the way). There's a good reason for that. Not Takanobu Ito's design teams best effort for sure.
F6B.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #22
zilla

I'll take a black one.
zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
djwasy

Local dealer has a red and black one. Going to see what kind of a trade he will give me on my XC.
djwasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #24
Bart P
Lifetime Premium

I kinda like it too. It would have been on the short list had it been available when I bought my xct.

2012 XCT/Stage 1/Digital Gaurd Dawg Keyless/Drivers Backrest/VictoryHID/Angry Redbird
Bart P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #25
Jagular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart P View Post
I kinda like it too. It would have been on the short list had it been available when I bought my xct.
I agree. I looked at a couple of used 'Wings before buying the XC. I was moving from the VTX1800 and Honda really only had the 'Wing, having dumped the Valkyrie (of course, there's the ST, but that's more of a sport touring bike). The stigma to the 'Wing is that it's an old person's bike. Obviously, a pretty broad generality. I liked the 'Wing's ride, they have a lot of power, handle well, lots of farkles. If they had had this available, I may have gone a different direction. Of course, Honda was years too late for my purchase.

'13 Cadillac ATS, 2.0L Turbo Premium, blue with black interior

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'12 Nissan Leaf SL - red

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

'01 Honda Magna, black, too much to list
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #26
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
It is thin pickings to find a pix of the tail of the F6B (catchy name by the way). There's a good reason for that. Not Takanobu Ito's design teams best effort for sure.
Remember the Pacific Coast? That's what the tail reminds me of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagular View Post
If they had had this available, I may have gone a different direction. Of course, Honda was years too late for my purchase.
Honda is always late to the game. They brought out that Furbee chopper years after the chopper craze was dead and buried. Now they have like 6 or 7 versions of their 1300cc cruiser... I guess they think the mid-size cruiser is the wave of the future.

My friend and I have been saying for years that Honda needed to release the "Goldwing 8-Ball". Can all the electronic gadets, can the tour pack, and get some bags on it that OPEN FROM THE TOP. Keep the push-button rear suspension adjustment, headlight adjustment, heated grips and seat... lose all those buttons on the dash, the airbag, the navi, the stereo... then again, the Vision 8-Ball didn't sell well and is now discontinued, so maybe we were wrong.

I considered the Goldwing and after riding it I was duly impressed. The bike would be swell... but after a while the swelling would go down and I'd have to deal with a full-blown-touring-bike every day. I really don't NEED a full-blown-tourer for what I do on a motorcycle and prefer to pack light and ride hard.

This new version of the wing in intriguing, but I HATE bags that open to the side... it's just a stupid way to do bags. Look how much bigger and more convenient the bags on the Cross bikes are than the ones on the Vision.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by half_crazy; 11-16-2012 at 04:23 AM.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #27
ChuglyXJ

It has a look this is for sure but I am not sold on it doing well, but if you are all Honda this fits a hole they have in the line.

The tail looks like a small car and needs something else, almost looks blank. I do see Honda hitting up the motor service such as police with this model and I bet it would shine.

I'll find one to test ride but I agree, bags that open from anywhere but the top are a waste of space, unless they are quick detachable luggage that you carry in before opening.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 AM   #28
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
This new version of the wing in intriguing, but I HATE bags that open to the side... it's just a stupid way to do bags. Look how much bigger and more convenient the bags on the Cross bikes are than the ones on the Vision.
I don't think that's an appropriate comparison. The sidebags on my FJR are more capacious than those on my XR. And none of the storage is waste area. When I pack the liner it fills out the area of the FJR bag completely. The back corner of the XR bags are shaped to make the bags stylish, but the area is useless space. I guess it'd be okay to store a few tools or a patch kit, but liners filled with crap ain't gonna find their way into those corners.

Furthermore, trying to get a bulging liner down into the thin top opening of the XR bag can be a trick too. I like the look of the thin bags on cruiser type tourers, they just aren't the most practical. Having to bend over to unbuckle the latches hidden under the faux buckles with gloves on is a PITA when compared with standing upright and unlocking the bag and pulling out liner full of crap that was installed by garbage truck like compression technique.

The one advantage I see to top loading is that if you do a crappy job buttoning it up, at least your stuff ain't likely to get left on the road...
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 AM   #29
Jagular

I'm surprised the Vision 8 Ball didn't sell better, too. Loved the look of it , but then I'm one of those fans of a murdered out ride. Black is beautiful, baby.

I'm in Colorado today for business. There's a good Honda motorcycle dealer in Denver. I'll swing by to see if they have one and shoot the shit with one of the sales guys I know. If they have one I'll get some pics.

'13 Cadillac ATS, 2.0L Turbo Premium, blue with black interior

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'12 Nissan Leaf SL - red

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

'01 Honda Magna, black, too much to list
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #30
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
When I pack the liner it fills out the area of the FJR bag completely.
There it is... with side opening bags, bag liners are almost a must-have. It is also more difficult to get a watertight seal on a side-opening bag. Mr. gravity always wants to make whatever is in the left bag fall out and you have to bend down/kneel to see inside.

My bags top load and they're carpeted inside. No need for liners. Lockable, watertight, positive latches... and big/deep. Being a full-time bag user these things are important to me.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement