I mourn for my country - Page 12 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #111
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Here's your budget. You get to cut from the yellow part. What will you cut?

Here's a breakdown of the yellow part for 2013:

Oh you got me there. We can only cut the military and we simply have to keep taxing more and more and more so that we can keep spending and spending. Thanks for making that so clear.

Saddlebag/liberal logic: Cut trillions from our military, tax millionairs more and more to support ever increasing spending.

Thanks, that really helps us weak-minded conservatives to finally 'get' the real world.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #112
oldfradioguy
Lifetime Premium

Default the american way

i too have these same problems i didnot vote for the current president the company i work for has a new sales program that will cut our imcome by ten to twenty thousand a year they havent got to our insurance yet but give them time i don't know where we are going it is scary indeed OFRG
oldfradioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:56 AM   #113
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

OMFG....

Joe has a take home income of $20k. His annual expenses are rent/mortgage of $12k, food $3k, gas $2k, utilities $3k, phone $1k, cable/internet $1k, car payment $3k, credit card $5k. His expenses exceed his take home pay by $10k! What can he do to not only balance his income and expenses, but dig himself out of the credit card hole? If he cuts out his car and walks everywhere, shuts off his phone and internet, that still leaves him in a $3k / year deficit! Can't cut out food or rent..... So, what's the answer? How about getting a second job! Increase your annual income! It's the only way! Then, once he pays off his credit card, he can drop the second job. Now, substitute second job for increased revenue (ie, tax increase). Once we dig ourselves out of the hole we created, we can drop taxes down again. This is simple math. Get the politics and partisanship out of the equation, and it's the ONLY solution. Cut back on expenditures AND increase revenue (taxes). Whining about tax increases is counter productive. It's a necessary step at this point.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)

Last edited by Gunslinger; 11-15-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #114
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
OMFG....

Joe has a take home income of $20k. His annual expenses are rent/mortgage of $12k, food $3k, gas $2k, utilities $3k, phone $1k, cable/internet $1k, car payment $3k, credit card $5k. His expenses exceed his take home pay by $10k! What can he do to not only balance his income and expenses, but dig himself out of the credit card hole? If he cuts out his car and walks everywhere, shuts off his phone and internet, that still leaves him in a $3k / year deficit! Can't cut out food or rent..... So, what's the answer? How about getting a second job! Increase your annual income! It's the only way! Then, once he pays off his credit card, he can drop the second job. Now, substitute second job for increased revenue (ie, tax increase). Once we dig ourselves out of the hole we created, we can drop taxes down again. This is simple math. Get the politics and partisanship out of the equation, and it's the ONLY solution. Cut back on expenditures AND increase revenue (taxes). Whining about tax increases in counter productive. It's necessary at this point.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49791372/Plea...is_Millionaire
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #115
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Oh you got me there. We can only cut the military and we simply have to keep taxing more and more and more so that we can keep spending and spending. Thanks for making that so clear.

Saddlebag/liberal logic: Cut trillions from our military, tax millionairs more and more to support ever increasing spending.

Thanks, that really helps us weak-minded conservatives to finally 'get' the real world.
I asked *you* what *you* would cut. *I* didn't offer you a single suggestion, except that you base your decisions on reality as depicted in the gov't pie charts. You deflected and called me names because you are clueless. You feel that stomping your feet and screaming is easier than figuring things. And for you, that behavior is expected. It's why nobody asks you to solve anything.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM   #116
Lance
Premium Member

Saddlebag's link is to a CNBC report on how hundreds of millionairs want their taxes raised!!

... with the condition that there are massive spending cuts...

We've got some millionairs that think Obama will make massive spending cuts, saddlebag has already 'proven' with his graphs that we can only cut the military... so THAT's where all the gov't cuts will come from... that sounds like a great plan.

Ok, we've proven something, there are at least a few hundred really moronic millionairs.
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #117
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I asked *you* what *you* would cut. *I* didn't offer you a single suggestion, except that you base your decisions on reality as depicted in the gov't pie charts. You deflected and called me names because you are clueless. You feel that stomping your feet and screaming is easier than figuring things. And for you, that behavior is expected. It's why nobody asks you to solve anything.
Let's assume you are right, 'we', collectively just can't find anything to cut, or certainly not enough, and we know the tax hikes the President is talking about don't really do much to reduce the deficit either, so it's 'really' about MORE taxes from someplace else (hidden taxes) or next year we'll have to raise taxes again, then again, etc.

You and the President and your charts are right.... keep spending, and tax more. Right? Especially those nasty rich people.

I imagine you'll say Obama will actually make massive spending cuts... and he'll do it now, but couldn't do it for the last four years??

Mitt Romney said he'd cut things we had to borrow money to pay for.. that's an interesting start, and a painful one...

Your President couldn't even cut funding to PBS and you trust him to cut spending.

Someone here is a complete moron. Me, or you.
1974 BMW R75/5
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #118
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Since we still have one of these threads going I'm going to share this. I looked for it before but didn't find it but now someone else sent it to me.

This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper Prager Zeitungon.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:39 PM   #119
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Saddlebag's link is to a CNBC report on how hundreds of millionairs want their taxes raised!!

... with the condition that there are massive spending cuts...

We've got some millionairs that think Obama will make massive spending cuts, saddlebag has already 'proven' with his graphs that we can only cut the military... so THAT's where all the gov't cuts will come from... that sounds like a great plan.

Ok, we've proven something, there are at least a few hundred really moronic millionairs.
What you fail to understand is that discretionary spending is the part that Obama is capable of suggesting alterations. When you rant and rave all our problems are Obama's spending, what you don't understand is:

a) He can only make suggestions to Congress on the discretionary stuff, and they ultimately approve the budget.

b) The mandatory spending is driven by law. Obama didn't create it and he can't wave a magic wand and make it go away. He can work with Congress to change those laws which is what the fiscal cliff is going to compel our gov't leader to do.

You can't name crap O spent any money on that amounted to a hill of beans outside the Stimulus. And EVERY president that has to deal with business cycle recessions uses stimulus spending as a tool to help pull us out. Unfortunately, what Bush left O was much worse than a typical business cycle inventory correction.

There is nothing wrong with the Millionaires. They know they've gotten away with murder financially speaking while plenty of young people have died to protect their interests. It's nice that a few of them have a conscious and want to sacrifice a little (rounding errors) in return.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #120
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Let's assume you are right, 'we', collectively just can't find anything to cut, or certainly not enough, and we know the tax hikes the President is talking about don't really do much to reduce the deficit either, so it's 'really' about MORE taxes from someplace else (hidden taxes) or next year we'll have to raise taxes again, then again, etc.

You and the President and your charts are right.... keep spending, and tax more. Right? Especially those nasty rich people.

I imagine you'll say Obama will actually make massive spending cuts... and he'll do it now, but couldn't do it for the last four years??

Mitt Romney said he'd cut things we had to borrow money to pay for.. that's an interesting start, and a painful one...

Your President couldn't even cut funding to PBS and you trust him to cut spending.

Someone here is a complete moron. Me, or you.
I don't think you're a complete moron, just someone apt to run off at the mouth about things that are beyond your comprehension. Mitt couldn't come in and just start cutting Mandatory spending without changing the law either. Presidents don't have that power under the Constitution you keep bellyaching about. And Romney could have cut everything but Defense and added $2 trillion to Defense and you'd still have as much spending only we'd have a bunch of ships no one wants and no one could afford to go to college, or get their veterans benefits, or have their food and drug supply screened etc. Brilliant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement