I mourn for my country - Page 14 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #131
Azdave

You need to realize how fragile the US economy is. Right now it is a tricky balancing act. Cutting spending needs to be part of it but it looks like tax increase is inevitable
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #132
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujee1 View Post
I get a little tired of the not me approach.
I'm in the demographic that will be affected by the increased taxes and I'm in Health care. I have three bikes and two nice houses.
I'm ready to man up to help get our country back on track. I'm tired of the blame game because that doesn't change the reality.
Who's with me?

Arguing the politics and the " my way is the only way" is part of what got us into this mess. So your candidate didn't win, big deal. You're still an American. Stop the hate and move forward. Everyone agrees that the polarization of our country is a bad thing but only the true Americans can move past this because that is what United States is all about. Let's support our leaders in working the best solution they can agree on.
And sing along at the campfire...

It's ok to believe THIS president is SO wrong in SO many ways, and NOT support his plan to 'transform' this Country into someplace else.. you understand that right?

You DON'T have to support your leaders when you think their views and policies are destructive...

So sing your campfire songs with Obama if you like, but half of us don't want the BS he's offering..

It won't be Obama agreeing with others, it'll be them agreeing with him, "elections have consequences"... he's not about to really cut the size of the fed gov't or reduce spending, duh.

All you'll get from joining in is higher taxes now, and later, and again after that... as Obama continues to SPEND and try to tax his was out of it... with NOTHING to reduce our massive debt for any foreseeable future.

You'll all blame the republicans as this ship sinks, but it's the Captain who sunk it.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:56 PM   #133
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
You need to realize how fragile the US economy is. Right now it is a tricky balancing act. Cutting spending needs to be part of it but it looks like tax increase is inevitable
"Cutting spending needs to be a part of it".... and Obama will cut????????

Don't forget, he couldn't even cut Big Bird's subsidy. Yeah, he'll really start cutting... he's had four years to start and he did?? Nothing but increase... wake up from your deluded dream.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #134
Azdave

Lance it becomes obvious that you are having some memory issues. Obama had a 4 TRILLION deal set to sign with Boehner. McConnell told Boehner to pull it and he did thus resulting in our downgrade. If you want to blame anyone for the fiscal cliff it's those 2 dbags
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #135
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
You guys don't get the basic premise.. you can't keeping turning to the rich to bail out excessive spending...
And you keep missing the essential point that the rich are the PRIMARY beneficiaries of the excessive spending. Whose check is bigger, the CEO of Northrop Grumman or the single mother in Appalachia trying to feed her kid?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #136
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
oh, sorry, forgot that republicans run the house.. it's their fault, if there's any fault left to go around after Bush gets his share.
Well, if you want to stop big spending, electing neocons surely isn't your best choice. Bush was able to spend to engage in two decade plus wars that were supposed to last six weeks after which we'd be welcomed as liberators...

For some reason, that rolls off your back, but let an elderly person get back a portion of the SSI they paid into for 40+ years and you're sure we've become the USSR.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #137
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJackson View Post
No, it is not impossible. Only requires reasonable people, more revenue, and less spending. The Simpson-Bowles commission has laid out one possible plan, Rivlin-Domenici another. Both bipartisan, both reasonable and slightly painful.

Better than becoming the next Greece? Definitely. There is one party blocking this deal based on objections to ending tax cuts for those above $250k, or $500k, or a million.

Look in the mirror. It is you. Congratulations.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM   #138
jazzdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJackson View Post
No, it is not impossible. Only requires reasonable people, more revenue, and less spending. The Simpson-Bowles commission has laid out one possible plan, Rivlin-Domenici another. Both bipartisan, both reasonable and slightly painful.

Better than becoming the next Greece? Definitely. There is one party blocking this deal based on objections to ending tax cuts for those above $250k, or $500k, or a million.

Look in the mirror. It is you. Congratulations.
+2
jazzdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #139
Azdave

Speaking of patriots, how about these business owners cutting hours, screwing their employees and their communities stating its because of Obama care. It's BS This is just a way for them to take them off of full time status. Sad how f ed up the right has become. Sad too how much they lie
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #140
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Speaking of patriots, how about these business owners cutting hours, screwing their employees and their communities stating its because of Obama care. It's BS This is just a way for them to take them off of full time status. Sad how f ed up the right has become. Sad too how much they lie
I noticed it too. It's pure manipulation and greed. They haven't been hit with one extra dime of cost, yet threaten to cut back their employees hours or their jobs. It's total crap.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement