Honda Goldwing F6B - Page 4 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
Jagular

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
My bags top load and they're carpeted inside. No need for liners. Lockable, watertight, positive latches... and big/deep. Being a full-time bag user these things are important to me.
Agreed. I've carpeted mine, as well, and it is a big improvement. Top-loading is important for me, especially for touring, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker to load from the sides. Even with the carpeting, I use liners/bags in the compartments because they are much easier to carry clothes, etc., into and out of hotels. Just pull them out, push them in. Side-loading might be easier for this. * shrug *

Looking at the specs, it also looks like the 'Wing only has five speeds, fifth being overdrive. This is surprising. Anytime I'm on a bike with only five gears, I'm constantly hunting for sixth on the highway.

'15 Kia Soul EV, blue and white

'13 Cadillac ATS, 2.0L Turbo Premium, blue with black interior

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

'01 Honda Magna, black, too much to list
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #32
Milesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunnerdavid View Post
Obviously, this isn't a Victory thread, but since it's pretty obvious where Honda is aiming this one, what do you guys think?

http://www.roadrunner.travel/2012/11...s-2013-models/
Not sure what Honda thinks about.. I think a vtwin 1800 would be a better bike. I would probably have bought one instead of my XC just on reliability I got from my 02 VTX not to mention the stump pulling torque. My perfect bike would be a vtwin easy off trunk and bags adjustable windshield electric. Heated seat and grips oh the bike would have to look whole if the bags were removed.. 6 speed.. It looks just like a goldwing to me with a useless windshield and no trunk.. I think it's lower so at least I guess my short self could finally touch the ground on one. I know it will sell its a Honda but as someone said above.. What happened to the rune?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Milesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #33
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Honda made a killer 1800 V twin for about 8 years. They put them in the VTX 1800 only and they did not sell at all. Mine was new MSRP at $14,000 and I bought it for $8,500 after 3 years on the showroom floor. They even had a 100 lb flywheel to balance it. The engine was very similar to the Vic in performance, but the Vic is a lot smoother. It was a heavy and hard to handle bike. I owned one and it had good and bad points.

I also had an Interstate Valkyrie --the stripped down Goldwing--with the 1500 flat 6 engine. Those flat engines are very smooth. When you wanted to impress somebody, you stand up a nickle on its side on top of the engine and crank it. Nickle never moves--its just that smooth. 80 MPH on the interstate is like you are not moving at all. The downside is they are top heavy (to me anyway) and that big azz engine gives you no place to put your feet unless you get hiway bars and then you ride all day in the "birthing" position. They are quite nimble for big bikes. The black looks great--- but they are not cheap.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #34
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Double post--sorry
Old 11-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #35
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
My bags top load and they're carpeted inside. No need for liners.
Not for carrying the lunch box to work, but are you really going to load your bags with a week's worth of undies, socks, tee-shirts etc for you and the Mrs, then take them into the hotel a handful at a time?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #36
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Not for carrying the lunch box to work, but are you really going to load your bags with a week's worth of undies, socks, tee-shirts etc for you and the Mrs, then take them into the hotel a handful at a time?

I have a set of Rednect Matching Luggage bag liners for that. They say Wal Mart on the side with a big yellow smiley face.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The Mrs doesn't go... I pack light, it's just one trip into the motel room with a couple of plastic Walmart bags.

This is my bike packed for a 5 day trip:

airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #38
Milesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons View Post
Honda made a killer 1800 V twin for about 8 years. They put them in the VTX 1800 only and they did not sell at all. Mine was new MSRP at $14,000 and I bought it for $8,500 after 3 years on the showroom floor. They even had a 100 lb flywheel to balance it. The engine was very similar to the Vic in performance, but the Vic is a lot smoother. It was a heavy and hard to handle bike. I owned one and it had good and bad points.
They simply overproduced the bike.. Tons were sold.. Hell the damn things are almost as numerous as Harley's because they just won't wear out.. I never thought mine handled bad at all just didn't have any ground clearance as evident by my ground off foot pegs.. I think Honda missed the boat by not making something like the street glide as that style bike is very popular ... I'm not sure the goldwing "thing" will be as popular.. I think the crank shaft is 40 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Milesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #39
irv

point was raised over and over on another unnamed forum
that you are still riding a wing.feet are behind you and you cant
stretch out w/o some am front pegs that i think are fugly,
i rode a gw before buying the cr .i didnt like the seating setup
at all for me.my dealer said they arent even taking orders yet,
and he isnt thrilled with the bike from a sales standpoint.guess i talked myself out of one. taking down the F6B poster off the
wall and putting the farrah fawcett one back up.--irv
hard bags,xc adj pass footrests, color keyed side
chin fairings. 7 jurock custom made windshield.
ultimate seat, hid low beams,
and of course, a ric z laydown license bracket.
irv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:05 AM   #40
zilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
point was raised over and over on another unnamed forum
that you are still riding a wing.feet are behind you and you cant
stretch out w/o some am front pegs that i think are fugly,
i rode a gw before buying the cr .i didnt like the seating setup
at all for me.my dealer said they arent even taking orders yet,
and he isnt thrilled with the bike from a sales standpoint.guess i talked myself out of one. taking down the F6B poster off the
wall and putting the farrah fawcett one back up.--irv
I never saw that poster! LOL!

I like it, but if I were going to spend that much, i'd just go with a GoldWing.
zilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement