How good is your local dealer? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > North America Regional Forums > America SouthEast

Old 01-13-2012, 09:33 PM   #11
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbokingpin View Post
We have 2 big dealers in Atlanta area. Kennesaw, Cumming but owned by the same person and both offer crap for service.
Jim, I wasn't disputing your post or original thread at all and believe you got crappy service. I was letting those in the Hampton Roads area know that I got good service from All Out Cycles in Chesapeak and so far Sunrise Cycles in Norfolk. If I am in the Atlanta area, I will be steering clear of those two thanks to your post...
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #12
Term

Just want to add I let Extreme Powersports in Columbus GA service my Bike and they seemed to be a pretty decent dealership.

Hopefully I have a new dealership which is going to be much closer soon. Capitol Cycle in Macon is supposed to become a Victory dealer. I was there a month or so ago and they said they should be getting the bikes and parts setup in the next few weeks. Haven't been back by yet, but I might try to ride up there this weekend, and check it out.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
cnail1

I bought my 2012 CCT at Performance East in Goldsboro NC. I never felt welcome in that store, not one time. Everytime I went there, I had to wait to be helped by a wet behind the ears snuff dippin guy that couldn't talk plain. My opinion of them was that Motorcycles were an after thought and their prime bussiness was ATVs and boats. I quit going there for that reason. It's too bad because I would really like to have a local dealer that was worth a crap. Too bad we don't. I take a 3 1/2 hour bike ride to Coastal Victory in SC. Great people there.

1970 Honda CB350
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2012 Black Victory CCT
cnail1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
jdivey

I bought my 2012 XC from Hinshaws in Auburn,Wa I have to say the only person who seemed to give a darn about my business was my salesman, I had to find my own financing as the finance manager didnt seem to give a damn. When I was introduced to the parts manager he acted like I was keeping him from his work. At least the parts guy help me out with the parts and clothing credit slips I had. Not sure who Im going to take the bike to in the event of a problem. I have always done all my own service on my bikes and am sure I can get thru this one. So it appears that bad dealers can be anywhere.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Last edited by jdivey; 11-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.
jdivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #15
Hatchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnail1 View Post
I bought my 2012 CCT at Performance East in Goldsboro NC. I never felt welcome in that store, not one time. Everytime I went there, I had to wait to be helped by a wet behind the ears snuff dippin guy that couldn't talk plain. My opinion of them was that Motorcycles were an after thought and their prime bussiness was ATVs and boats. I quit going there for that reason. It's too bad because I would really like to have a local dealer that was worth a crap. Too bad we don't. I take a 3 1/2 hour bike ride to Coastal Victory in SC. Great people there.
I fortunately live about 5 miles from Coastal Victory. You walk in and everyone who works there knows your name. Pull up a bar stool and shoot the S%^t or just browse around. You always feel welcome. Dedicated to the Victory line and they are always doing project bikes and their own mods. Great place with great people.

Traded in a 2009 Harley Electraglide Classic
Hatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #16
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

[QUOTE=BeoBob;58768]

I purchased my Vic from Polaris of Gainesville. The crew there has been great from the beginning. So what if they are 80 miles and 1.5 hours away. It is totally worth the ride to know that the guys working on my bike know what they are doing and care about the bike they are working on. So far they have done the 500 mile check-up and a couple of warranty repairs for me with excellent results.[/QUOTE]

About 40 miles from me and treated great, think even thought a little more of now, when did my 500 mile service brought in a buddy who also purchased one of their used Bikes ..
Old 11-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #17
SteveYacht

Send a message via Yahoo to SteveYacht

Coastal Victory in Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina is the best Motorcycle dealership I have EVER Dealt with. They are GREAT!!! Knowledgeable, Friendly, Great Service and Genuinely Caring about their customers. Can not say enough about them.
U.S. Army Veteran
1968 Honda CB350
1973 Norton 750 Commando
1978 Suzuki 1000
1984 Honda VF700S Sabre
1985 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade
2013 Victory Cross Country
SteveYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #18
Cool Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbokingpin View Post
We have 2 big dealers in Atlanta area. Kennesaw, Cumming but owned by the same person and both offer crap for service.
I know you posted this some time ago, but I had a very similar experience with the Kennesaw dealer. Last I talked to them, they fired their service manager. I have no idea of things are any better now. I really hope I never have to go back.
Cool Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
pkerns

i am new here and i just bought 2013 vegas 8-ball from american biker in charleston sc. its the second bike i have bought from them, so i think it goes without saying i really felt comfortable there. their staff is more than knowledgeable about the motorcycles they have at their shop. everyone there makes an effort to at least know your name. one of the salesman there is a former marine, as am i, so now we go riding together all the time. great place and great service department. not sure about the parts dept. as i have never bought anything from there yet.
pkerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #20
cpeny

Kansas City area dealers were not able to secure my purchase as they were not willing to deal, so I save a lot of money at another dealer out of town. I tried to send some business to one of them as they are a home town dealer and got treated like an alien because I had not purchased with them. Thankfully there are other Victory Dealers in this area, so we will see how they do before passing judgement. Because of the number of employees I work with that ride and others that I encounter because of the job. I get asked often about this kind of information, so around here there is one Dealer that is losing out on a lot of business, as I have convinced two others to buy Victory's in the last 30 days. Honesty and good customer service is key to having a thriving business.
cpeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement