I mourn for my country - Page 15 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #141
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Lance it becomes obvious that you are having some memory issues. Obama had a 4 TRILLION deal set to sign with Boehner. McConnell told Boehner to pull it and he did thus resulting in our downgrade. If you want to blame anyone for the fiscal cliff it's those 2 dbags
Obama added 400 billion at the last minute to the deal he and Boehner put together and that's when Boehner walked. He knew he pushed the conservatives as far as he could and that 400 billion ruined the deal. If you want to blame anyone; it's squarely on zero's shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
And you keep missing the essential point that the rich are the PRIMARY beneficiaries of the excessive spending. Whose check is bigger, the CEO of Northrop Grumman or the single mother in Appalachia trying to feed her kid?
I'm the opposite of rich but even I understand the rich pay far more, like half the taxes going to the government already, so it only makes sense that the rich have bigger paychecks. Why is that so hard to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Speaking of patriots, how about these business owners cutting hours, screwing their employees and their communities stating its because of Obama care. It's BS This is just a way for them to take them off of full time status. Sad how f ed up the right has become. Sad too how much they lie
You seem to operate under the assumption that big and small companies are evil doers wringing their hands at the thought of screwing the little guy when the exact opposite is true.

Your average small business owner cares deeply for the people that work for them. Many times they have become an extended family so seeing them go through hardships due to cost-cutting necessity from wrong-headed policies and laws like the "Unaffordable Healthcare Law" really hurts those business owners.

In large companies; the CEO and board are well aware of how happy employees are more productive employees which results in a better bottom line to show the investors. They do not want these cost-cutting necessities any more than the small business owners.

Again, if you really want to blame someone for the cost cutting going on throughout the country and will only get worse, then let me be the one to tell you that obummer, hairy reed, and your wicked witch of the west; pelousy, are your targets. The Unaffordable Healthcare Act was not supported by one single republican so you only have the dems to blame for this. No way around this and no way to spin it without lying about it.

I still believe the election was rigged because alternative is we have an extremely ignorant electorate.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #142
Azdave

I have said repeatedly that Reid, Pelosi, Boehner and the biggest douche of all Mc Connell need to retire, quit whatever. But now you can see what Obama has to del with. People that will screw OUR country over to make Obama look bad. Uphill battle that screws with housing starts, sakes, investments etc. all for what. So you guys can sy you won.
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:38 AM   #143
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I'm the opposite of rich but even I understand the rich pay far more, like half the taxes going to the government already
You miss the point. The rich guy cuts a deal with a upper level govie to get 20 million beans to provide him something that a guy like you ends up actually producing. He pays 13% of his beans in taxes. You get a pot full of beans that is about 3/4 pot full of beans after you pay your tax.

The rich guy has enough pots of beans to last him a lifetime after one year for producing nothing. You're producing everything and living pot to pot and demanding the govie is being too hard on the rich guy.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #144
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Dave, as a brother in the wind, please let me tell you that obama has done this to himself with the help of reid and pelosi. No one is out to make obama look bad. His policies do that for him. Businesses are simply reacting to these policies in the only way they can and still stay in business.

Also, old obama who is now the young obama all of a sudden with the gray hair gone now that the election is over with, sounds like the ultimate broken record with the screw the rich and tax them into poverty spiel. His Marxist doctrine should be obvious to all but for some, I guess, it will take longer to convince.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #145
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

Default Different perspectives on taxes

A simple example of how different groups see tax fairness:

Liberal:
Taxpayer Income %Tax $Tax Take home
Joe $10,000 %0 $0 $10,000
Sue $100,000 %20 $20,000 $80,000
Paul $1,000,000 %30 $300,000 $700,000

Progressive:
Joe $10,000 %10 $1,000 $9,000
Sue $100,000 %15 $15,000 $85,000
Paul $1,000,000 %20 $200,000 $800,000

Conservative:
Joe $10,000 %15 $1,500 $8,500
Paul $1,000,000 %15 $150,000 $850,000

BBob:
Joe $10,000 %100 $10,000 $0
Sue $100,000 %10 $10,000 $90,000
Paul $1,000,000 %1 $10,000 $990,000

F those poor people who don't make enough to pay their fair share!

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #146
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
A simple example of how different groups see tax fairness:

Liberal:
Joe $10,000 %0 $0 $10,000
Sue $100,000 %20 $20,000 $80,000
Paul $1,000,000 %30 $300,000 $700,000

Progressive:
Joe $10,000 %10 $1,000 $9,000
Paul $1,000,000 %20 $200,000 $800,000

Conservative:
Joe $10,000 %15 $1,500 $8,500
Paul $1,000,000 %15 $150,000 $850,000

BBob:
Joe $10,000 %100 $10,000 $0
Sue $100,000 %10 $10,000 $90,000
Paul $1,000,000 %1 $10,000 $990,000

F those poor people who don't make enough to pay their fair share!
For being a self-proclaimed poor guy, the strength with which BBob clings to the notion that he and Rush have a lot in common is pretty amazing.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #147
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
For being a self-proclaimed poor guy, the strength with which BBob clings to the notion that he and Rush have a lot in common is pretty amazing.
Ahh... misdirection and changing the subject. A cornerstone of the liberal doctrine.

Now all of sudden this is about me and how I am personally sinking the country. Poor obama has nothing to do with it of course.

Now that's what I call transparent.

BTW; who's Rush?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #148
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

More than one can play that game...

I recently asked my neighbors’ little girl what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be President someday. Both of her parents, are liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, ‘If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?’

She replied, ‘I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.’
Her parents beamed with pride.

’Wow…what a worthy goal.’ I told her, ‘But you don’t have to wait until you’re President to do that! You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and rake my yard, and I’ll pay you $50. Then I’ll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.‘

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?”

I said, ‘Welcome to the Republican Party.’

Her parents still aren’t speaking to me.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #149
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bujee1 View Post
I get a little tired of the not me approach.
I'm in the demographic that will be affected by the increased taxes and I'm in Health care. I have three bikes and two nice houses.
I'm ready to man up to help get our country back on track. I'm tired of the blame game because that doesn't change the reality.
Who's with me?

Arguing the politics and the " my way is the only way" is part of what got us into this mess. So your candidate didn't win, big deal. You're still an American. Stop the hate and move forward. Everyone agrees that the polarization of our country is a bad thing but only the true Americans can move past this because that is what United States is all about. Let's support our leaders in working the best solution they can agree on.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #150
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I agree. At this point it's not about who to blame; the history books will be full of that later on.

The point is to do the right thing for all the people not just the barely 1/2 that stole, er, won the election.

If we are going to end the tax cuts; let's do it for everyone or no one. Simple and very fair to all.

Very soon the Affordable Healthcare Act (AHA) will be hitting everyone. If the tax cuts and the AHA hit at once we will likely see the second great depression. Government income will go way down and then what? Tax the people some more until we all live in huts with dirt floors? Ever try to squeeze blood out of a turnip? Good luck with that.

The alternative sound much better to me personally. Gut the AHA and make the Bush tax cuts permanent. Then we can keep our tile and carpeted floors.

What exactly do liberals have against rich people anyway. Is it because they have nice houses and cars and provide jobs so other people can have nice houses and drive nice cars and hopefully a Victory motorcycle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement