Honda Goldwing F6B - Page 5 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #41
Milesx

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla View Post
I never saw that poster! LOL!

I like it, but if I were going to spend that much, i'd just go with a GoldWing.
Ditto .... I keep coming up with the same question..... Why?
Milesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #42
Donzo

I like it - it's more "sporty" looking. But they went to low on the wind shield so you would be a bobble head on the freeway. You would need to add a taller windshield - more money and it will take from the sporty look - might just as well get the full blown GW or better yet a Cross bike.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #43
Jagular

Went to the stealership and, makes sense, no product yet - too soon in the cycle. I did look at the new Goldwing. I'm making some assumptions here about the F6B based on the current 'Wing.

I'm assuming the side bags will be the same as the 'Wing's and they are much smaller than the XC's; the side opening bag is not a problem for me, though.

There will probably be a removable trunk option, too, which will help with the storage but then you're basically running a 'Wing without the benefit of the adjustable shield.

There will probably be an upgraded option with all the farkles (e.g., GPS) that will put the bike into the 'Wing pricing territory. I'm assuming the fairing will be the same; it's very busy, lots of buttons, knobs, vents, and I really don't like the layout. It's too busy, too old-fashioned, not cleanly styled like the XC interface.

I still want to see it but I don't think I'm going to like the new bike based on the current 'Wing.

I'm sticking with Victory.

'15 Kia Soul EV, blue and white

'13 Cadillac ATS, 2.0L Turbo Premium, blue with black interior

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

'01 Honda Magna, black, too much to list
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #44
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagular View Post

I'm assuming the side bags will be the same as the 'Wing's and they are much smaller than the XC's; the side opening bag is not a problem for me, though.
I think it's an optical illusion. The Wing lists capacity as 150 liters, the Cross Country Tourer as 155 liters. That includes the trunks and glove boxes on both. To me the XC trunk looks bigger than the Wings.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #45
Jagular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I think it's an optical illusion. The Wing lists capacity as 150 liters, the Cross Country Tourer as 155 liters. That includes the trunks and glove boxes on both. To me the XC trunk looks bigger than the Wings.
Could be. * shrug *

They're not very deep, though, the length is about the same as ours, and it's not just a full-on opening; there's a lip towards the back which means you'd have load from the back to the front (if that makes sense)...

'15 Kia Soul EV, blue and white

'13 Cadillac ATS, 2.0L Turbo Premium, blue with black interior

'12 Vegas 8 Ball - Arlen Ness HD cafe fairing, MBW LED signals, side-mount plate, factory cruise, heated grips, Corbin heated seat, more...

'10 Cross Country Tour, black, way too much to list now. Some videos are available here: My Youtube Channel Feed

'01 Honda Magna, black, too much to list
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #46
JMcKeown

Send a message via Skype™ to JMcKeown

just sold a wing and went to the CCT. The wing was nice and had lots of power but the brake and shifter were to far back and all the switches IE reverse, criuse etc were all mechanical switches which was a real pain in the **s. This new bike looks just like a Goldwing with the truck removed because thats all it is. At least they could have put top loading saddlebags on like the CCT's but they went with the old ones which tells me no big amount of thought went into this. Even if they had a removable trunk for the long huals it would be better. Love my CCY and all round best bike I've owned.

JIm
[/I]
Old 11-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
Speedblue

Default Bottom Line.

Still a Goldwing. Just another version. Sort of like Harley and Victory both do, same engine little different styling. Personally had one years a go, bought it used. For me personally, boring bike, but others love them. There will be plenty of people that love them, so that's where their money will go. They need an electo-shock feature so you get sapped on long trips when you start falling to sleep,ha,ha. Joking people.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #48
jfusaro

Doesn't do much for me. I rode a Wing for 19 years and was more than ready from something smaller and different. My 2012 Cross Roads was a good choice, for me.

This bike is a no-brainer for Honda. It is still 95% a Gold Wing, so there wasn't much engineering involved in creating this version. If it doesn't sell, the rest of them will be converted into full-blown Wings on the assembly line.

The rear end on this bike does nothing for me. Looks like the guys in the Acura division were not doing much, so they were asked to try a bike design. Swing and a miss!

I think the Valkyrie line was a better approach. Use that engine and redesign eveything else around it - and add four more carbs. This looks like a half-hearted attempt to get some OOOHS and AAAAHS.

Next!
Forged Highway Bars
Lock & Ride Passenger Backrest
-------------------------
Previous Rides:
1993 Honda Gold Wing Interstate
1992 Yamaha TDM 850
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400 (Road Racer)
1991 Yamaha FJ1200
1982 Yamaha SECA 750
1972 Yamaha LT3 Enduro 100
-------------------------
My Other Money Pits:
Photography
Woodturning
Model Railroading
jfusaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #49
roadrunnerdavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedblue View Post
Still a Goldwing. Just another version. Sort of like Harley and Victory both do, same engine little different styling. Personally had one years a go, bought it used. For me personally, boring bike, but others love them. There will be plenty of people that love them, so that's where their money will go. They need an electo-shock feature so you get sapped on long trips when you start falling to sleep,ha,ha. Joking people.
Out of curiosity, what made the Wing boring as opposed to your Victory?
Advertisement