Soon to be Victory Rider - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Rules and New Members Introductions

Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
bigdogtx

Default Soon to be Victory Rider

Sold the Wing and now trying to decide on which model. Looking forward to a stretched out ride again. Knees just weren't taking the position anymore.

Look for my post regarding Vision and XCT for all your great advice and opinions.
bigdogtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
visionjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
Sold the Wing and now trying to decide on which model. Looking forward to a stretched out ride again. Knees just weren't taking the position anymore.

Look for my post regarding Vision and XCT for all your great advice and opinions.
Here is a site you check out the hole country. Just type in victory vision and find a good deal http://www.adhuntr.com/

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
SS_Twin

Hello and best wishes from another new Vic rider. Good luck in your search, I ride my new Vision home on the 17th of this month. More posts after that I'm sure.

Steve
SS_Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
cteel001

Joined the ranks of the Victory riders this year and have to say "Damn why did I wait so long?" love my Jackpot
cteel001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
bigdogtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
Here is a site you check out the hole country. Just type in victory vision and find a good deal http://www.adhuntr.com/
Thanks Johnny.....I see a Vision on the horizon....
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Welcome Bigdog and hope you can find the exact bike your looking for. I had no intention of riding home on a new Vision UNTIL I sat on one. Not sure what your height is but sounds like 6' or better from your post. Wind envelope is going to be a key research point for you I would think and after getting my first 2500 out of the way on the VV, the wind managment is flat unbelieveable! WAY too many options on how you want to ride with the elect wind screen. The plastic lowers are a must and I just rode with a VV owner at 6'4" who was beind me... Should have seen him stretched out on that thing and he said he had minimal air dragging back up the legs from his HWY pegs. Not gonna knock the XCT at all, love the bike but since I was keeping my TC, it was easier to go the Vision route. The beauty of it, rides like a Tour, handles curves like a crotch rocket.. Great deals going on now! Good luck and safe ridin, you got questions feel free to pop them up.

Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va

Last edited by Tims_04V92TC; 11-19-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #7
Ironhawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post

I am new to the site and am a Goldwing rider. I was wondering if you did much two-up riding on your Wing? I ride with my wife as a backseat driver quite a bit. I am only 5-10, but the seating position on the Wing is killing my knees, especially the one I had surgery on a few years ago. I am afraid I am going to meet stiff opposition from my co-rider if I even hint about selling the Wing!
Ironhawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:25 PM   #8
DakotaRider

Garage

A big welcome from another former Goldwing rider. I used my heated grips and seat today...enjoy your Victory...I do.

Current Bike:
2012 Victory - Pearl White XCT - Dutchess
Rapid City, SD
Previous Bikes:
02 Goldwing - Stream Silver Metallic GL-1800
07 Goldwing - Dark Orange Metallic GL-1800
DakotaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhawg View Post
I am new to the site and am a Goldwing rider. I was wondering if you did much two-up riding on your Wing? I ride with my wife as a backseat driver quite a bit. I am only 5-10, but the seating position on the Wing is killing my knees, especially the one I had surgery on a few years ago. I am afraid I am going to meet stiff opposition from my co-rider if I even hint about selling the Wing!
I ride with Winger Chapter L in Virginia so I can proivide you at least with their input.

Most of the Goldwing co-riders that looked at my VV have commented on the openess of the 2nd seat and they would think it makes them feel unsecure, none rode on the back yet due to peer pressure I think.. lol... Looking at the GW 2nd seat it does seem to provide that encapsulated feel I would think and a sense of security. IF you were to take her on a ride, I would make sure they had the passenger arm rests. IComm is going to control her radio but you control the VOX options for intercom and it looks to be very well put together. Im in the process of getting the last pieces to install the CB/Icom package. Expect to add about $1K to the bike if it does not have it on it already. As far as ride, I have had the Mrs. and the daughter on the back and both said they felt fine with little wind drag and the daughter fell asleep twice so I count that as Goldwing equivelent.. hehehe I dont think you will get ANY complaints out of the seat/ride just make sure the airshock is adjusted for your test ride with her. My GW buddies make sure to remind me their airshock is automaticly adjusted while I need the air tank.. hehe

Hope this helps!
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #10
bigdogtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhawg View Post
I was there and will tell you to do a Demo Ride Day at a Victory shop if you have the chance. Wife was really amazed at the VV and how it handled. Got me a good one as she can feel this even as a passenger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement