And so it begins! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
Jay

Default And so it begins!

The modding that is.

Dropped the bike off Thursday evening for 500 mile service and picked it up Friday afternoon. As soon as I got home I called Lloyds and ordered air filter, VFCIII, and IAC. Called to order exhaust but it was late and I had to leave a VM, hope to get that on order Monday.

Also planning a light bar and some HID's, not sure what I'll do after that but I'm sure now that I've started it won't stop there.

Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Milesx

I told myself I wasn't going to spend much more than the initial cost of my XC... " Had" to buy handlebars, lowering link to make the bike fit.. Bought a pcv the other day and will buy the auto tune in a few weeks.. Going to buy D&D exhaust this winter.. Probably plan a trip to Lloyd's or the Vic shop or perhaps Gainesville for the cams this coming spring.. Probably do a amp and speaker upgrade.. WTH happened to not doing much to this bike...?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Milesx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
ammo_umb

Even people that start with a nice platform have a hard time resisting the temptation to individualize! I started with accessories then wrecked the bike and replaced the accessories with new ones where many others start with performance mods which I may add in the future.

The point is that if you feel the urge to mod than mod till your budget (or your spouse) restricts you! This tends to be easier to manage for people with limited hobbies...

Note that if you don't plan on keeping the bike your mods should be removable or you should be ready to face the fact that they don't do much to increase the value of your project.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Milesx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo_umb View Post
Even people that start with a nice platform have a hard time resisting the temptation to individualize!

The point is that if you feel the urge to mod than mod till your budget (or your spouse) restricts you! This tends to be easier to manage for people with limited hobbies...

Note that if you don't plan on keeping the bike your mods should be removable or you should be ready to face the fact that they don't do much to increase the value of your project.
Yep I figured the bike was as good as it gets without mods.. That started going away as soon as I rode the bike home to Arkansas from Gainesville where I bought the bike used.. The real problem started as I found the forums lol...

Old 11-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Milesx;111905]Going to buy D&D exhaust this winter.. Probably plan a trip to Lloyd's or the Vic shop or perhaps Gainesville for the cams this coming spring.. Probably do a amp and speaker upgrade.. WTH happened to not doing much to this bike...?!!

If decide on Gainesville let me know have a son in Arkansas and might ride along back with you ...
Old 11-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Milesx

[quote=GatorJoe;111923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milesx View Post
Going to buy D&D exhaust this winter.. Probably plan a trip to Lloyd's or the Vic shop or perhaps Gainesville for the cams this coming spring.. Probably do a amp and speaker upgrade.. WTH happened to not doing much to this bike...?!!

If decide on Gainesville let me know have a son in Arkansas and might ride along back with you ...
I will do that..

Old 11-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

[QUOTE=Milesx;111949][quote=GatorJoe;111923]

I will do that..

Cool .. Keep me posted ..
Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
smoke

Well That is a much better more correct statement than someone saying that they are finished with mods.

We all start sooner or later BUT do we ever finish?? Do we??

And I don't remember welcoming you to the forum....so....Welcome and enjoy!!

2011 Victory Blue XC - Traded
2007 Honda Blue VTX - Traded
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
Jay

Ordered Bassani slip-ons today
Old 11-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Jay

Today feels like Christmas, UPS dropped off a package from Lloyds and my Bassani exhaust from Honda East, then my dealer called and my coupon issue (see other thread) is finally fully resolved and he asked me to send him a list of $1000 worth of accessories so he can get them on order.

Heading to the garage now to start working on the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement