I mourn for my country - Page 29 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #281
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Obama/Holder sue the states that try to have fair elections... very American of them... oh my God, require people to have ID's... they, and you, know, or should that 99.999% of U.S. Citizens that vote have ID, duh... we know who doesn't have them, the people who aren't allowed to vote but do, and did, for Obama.
First off, what examples of suing to stop fair election processes do you have? The only one I'm familiar with was Ohio, but I'm sure there were others. In regards to Ohio (the most complained about one), the issue was the law they tried to pass was in direct violation of the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution. If you have other examples, I'd like to hear about them.

Also, in regards to requiring photo IDs, you should double check your information. A few points:

1. Actually, estimates show that the number of voting age citizens without a photo ID are as high as 11%. While that number is "as high as", even 1/10th of that is more than one thousand times your claim. Even if you were to limit this just to those who actually DO vote, I would find it hard to believe the number is that low.
2. Additionally, voter ID laws (in place or proposed) vary from state to state as to what qualifies. What works in one state may not work in another.
3. Citizens without IDs are mostly made up of: Senior citizens (such as my grandfather, a WWII Vet), students, the poor and the disabled.
4. Voter IDs cost money. And passing the cost on directly to the voter is unconstitutional as it's a form of a polling tax. And if the cost is not passed on, then the cost falls to the government which would be an expansion of government. You've claimed to be all about the Constitution and against expanding government spending...so which are you willing to sacrifice here?
5. The issue isn't voter fraud. It's election fraud which happens at the candidate/party level. Voter ID is minimal at both the accusation and the conviction level. And let's be honest...how difficult is it really to get a fake ID?

Last edited by ALStensby; 11-19-2012 at 02:26 PM.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #282
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Some of us did a LOT by NOT voting for Obama. Those of you who could vote for such an anti-American candidate are enemies to this Republic.
You are an enemy to brain cells.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #283
Azdave

Gee Bbob no whining in 2000 when the election was stolen from Gore. Also Gore won the popular vote but not the electoral vote. Hmmmm were you bitching back then?

BTW funny as all hell how Jindall, Grahman, Rubio are all busting Romney on his crap campaign and comments. These guys can now be honest. Even Republicans thought he sucked.

Lance I appreciate all your posts. You are witty intelligent and probably a nice guy just on the wrong side of the aisle
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #284
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
First off, what examples of suing to stop fair election processes do you have? The only one I'm familiar with was Ohio, but I'm sure there were others. In regards to Ohio (the most complained about one), the issue was the law they tried to pass was in direct violation of the Equal Protection clause of the Constitution. If you have other examples, I'd like to hear about them.

Also, in regards to requiring IDs, you should double check your information. A few points:

1. Actually, estimates show that the number of voting age citizens without a photo ID are as high as 11%. While that number is "as high as", even 1/10th of that is more than one thousand times your claim. Even if you were to limit this just to those who actually DO vote, I would find it hard to believe the number is that low.
2. Additionally, voter ID laws (in place or proposed) vary from state to state as to what qualifies. What works in one state may not work in another.
3. Citizens without IDs are mostly made up of: Senior citizens (such as my grandfather, a WWII Vet), students, the poor and the disabled.
4. Voter IDs cost money. And passing the cost on directly to the voter is unconstitutional as it's a form of a polling tax. And if the cost is not passed on, then the cost falls to the government which would be an expansion of government. You've claimed to be all about the Constitution and against expanding government spending...so which are you willing to sacrifice here?
5. The issue isn't voter fraud. It's election fraud which happens at the candidate/party level. Voter ID is minimal at both the accusation and the conviction level. And let's be honest...how difficult is it really to get a fake ID?
The keyword is PHOTO ID. Pretty sure there is no state that allows people to vote with nothing. Typically, things like utility bills are used to ensure the voter actually resides at the registered address.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #285
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Lance I appreciate all your posts. You are witty intelligent and probably a nice guy just on the wrong side of the aisle
Dude, he thinks that you're his enemy. He isn't sure what he believes, but he knows that if you don't believe it, he should kill you. He's not witty, he's delusional.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #286
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The keyword is PHOTO ID. Pretty sure there is no state that allows people to vote with nothing. Typically, things like utility bills are used to ensure the voter actually resides at the registered address.
Thanks. I've since edited it to include the term "photo" as I'd initially intended.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM   #287
Azdave

On another topic. Anderson Cooper has gigantic stones. The guy is in Gaza.
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 11-19-2012, 05:21 PM   #288
8BallHammer

Garage

I do send wishes to Cooper for the balls he has, but due to most vagrancy laws, isn't it illegal to NOT have a photo ID. Oops sorry, that's only for Americans. I now nominate Joe Arpaio for our next candidate, since most mind numb dope smokin,welfare abusin, union members, or welfare recipients, will never vote for Sarah, or, Michelle(Bachman) for you retards that thought I meant moochele obama. I thought you had to carry a PHOTO ID BY LAW!!!

GET A JOB, QUIT BEING WORTHLESS
PAY YOUR OWN FUCKING FAIR SHARE
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM   #289
pat0021

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BallHammer View Post

GET A JOB, QUIT BEING WORTHLESS
PAY YOUR OWN FUCKING FAIR SHARE
Well said!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #290
Azdave

8 ball your a very angry person. I do believe you need to get on your bike and go for a very very long ride. I think we could do without the swearing especially that type of vulgarity. What does it accomplish??? Maybe spend Thanksgiving at a homeless shelter. Hey. Know its not a Sunday but its okay to be a Christian on Thursdays. While you are there you may get a little perspective to the people you seem to hate so much.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find peace
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement