Nice looking new croozer - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-16-2012, 04:58 AM   #21
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
Did you see this article?

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2012/...talian-marque/

96 hp with those pea shooter exhausts. Imagine how she would run if given the opportunity to breath a little.

Also, notice the mud flap they put on the front fenders in other pics to minimize radiator damage.

Finally, if the heads are sized for brats, count me in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
jdivey

At least you can make lunch while riding.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 PM   #23
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdivey View Post
At least you can make lunch while riding.
I tell ya what, if Victory decides to keep their Cross Roads a show bike with the spoke wheels and tube tires, I can definitely see me moving back to Italian Stallions.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...iew-91469.html

Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 PM   #24
Garion12
Lifetime Premium

Location: Either Afghanistan or East Tennessee depending on the day.
Default Racing to the nearest daycare?

With an outfit and mustache like that, the guy looks like he is racing to the nearest primary school.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:55 AM   #25
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I tell ya what, if Victory decides to keep their Cross Roads a show bike with the spoke wheels and tube tires, I can definitely see me moving back to Italian Stallions.
I like to buy American... I was dancing in the streets when Victory started out. An American bike without all of Willie G's bullsh!t. I rode a couple back in 2001 and came away thinking Victory had a lot of work to do... Rode them again in 2004 and they were almost there... rode them again in 2007 and I thought they nailed it, so I bought one. In the last couple of years I think the line-up has regressed instead of progressed. Give me a bike I would trade the Kingpin for (my friend, that's a tall order).

If I were bike shopping right now, I think the Ducati Multistrada is the one... but I'd have to ride the Guzzi and see what 'Fast By Ferrocci' could do for it.

The issue I have is that all the new offereings have too many electronics. Throttle by wire, traction control, driving modes, active suspension... I like things simple. I like to do all my own maintenance and repairs. The more stuff you put on it, the more stuff can fail... and if that stuff isn't user servicable/repairable... it's a tow truck.

My current ride is simple... open loop FI, throttle and clutch cables... It performs very well, it's American, and I can service/repair it myself. There's a couple of rebuilds of this bike in my future because I REALLY like riding it.

bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #26
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

As a manufacturer gains experience the motorcycles should improve over time. This is what pisses me off about Harley... they've been at this for 110 years so it stands to reason that they would build the best motorcycles... but they don't. Their bikes don't do anything particularly well except exude an image. Like a paper mache battleship, it looks and sounds like it will stomp a mudhole in your ass, but there's no real substance to it. It's fake.

People talk about 'character' in a motorcycle. Moto Guzzi machines have 'character' in spades. The bike rocks with the engine's revs like a V-8 car... the engine makes a symphony of mechanical sounds... If you're looking for personality, the Guzzi will give it to ya.

Seen the Griso?

bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by half_crazy; 11-21-2012 at 09:43 AM.
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #27
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
People talk about 'character' in a motorcycle. Moto Guzzi machines have 'character' in spades. The bike rocks with the engine's revs like a V-8 car... the engine makes a symphony of mechanical sounds... If you're looking for personality, the Guzzi will give it to ya.

Seen the Griso?
Seeing as my XR will last a while, I'm just yapping. I prefer to buy American too. Seeing as I love my stealership and am otherwise happy with the XR, if push came to shove, I'd prolly just buy another one and shell out for proper rims and wheels.

That Griso does sound saweet for a stocker. I love the deep bellow of hollowing twins. It reminds me of my old Duc (though it had aftermarket cans). It's kinda hard to discern in the first part as it just blends into the symphony of bikes, but it sounds really good (to me anyway) going down the front straight. Admittedly, it wasn't near as fast as a lot of the screaming inlines however.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 AM   #28
TNXR

Just had my XR for a couple of months now but plan on keeping it for many years. I looked at Victory because I too preferred to buy American but I was also looking for a bike that fit my long legs, had good power, was good looking, and could get it for a good price. Even though I prefer to buy American, HD and Victory may make their bikes here but those extra's are made in China and all the clothing/apparel are made over there too. If a company likes to advertise they are American they should also make their extras and apparel over here too. My gosh, $450 for a sissy bar, $35 for a T-shirt (which is free advertising)! I know it didn't cost them near that, probably cost more to ship to the US than it did to make! Because of these reasons my next bike may nor may not be American made but most important it will be a bike I like and enjoy riding.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #29
Pop

Garage

Oooh baby!
To paraphrase... now that there is gawdy.
Eye candy Pop likee.
Gonna dream about that 47 pounds of chrome windshield horns tonight.
Hey Odin, your helmet called. It got a gig with Moto Guzzi and won't be coming back to Aasgard so don't wait up.

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement