I mourn for my country - Page 32 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #311
Azdave

Another well thought out post accurately describing view of the country, certain citizens and Obama and some guy you think is the man behind the curtain
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 11:19 PM   #312
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Another well thought out post accurately describing view of the country, certain citizens and Obama and some guy you think is the man behind the curtain
You apparently have no idea just who the people are behind Obama's curtain, many of us are aware... we didn't have to make it up, he's been telling us.

That's why my statement about being a domestic enemy of this republic is so true, you either are, willingly, or you're a deluded fool who hasn't paid any attention to the man Obama is, either way, you aren't just an opposing view, you're an enemy of this Country and our Constitution.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #313
Goatlocker95

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
The keyword is PHOTO ID. Pretty sure there is no state that allows people to vote with nothing. Typically, things like utility bills are used to ensure the voter actually resides at the registered address.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Your question was what doesn't require an ID. I can go to the grocery, farmers market, or clothing store without presenting an ID. I can go to the hockey game without an ID. I can buy a Victory without an ID.

Nobody is suggesting that someone should be able to vote without an ID however. It's the type of ID that's in question. If I register to vote as Joe Schmoe at 1122 Boogie Boogie Ave and I bring a water bill for $122 addressed to Joe Schmoe of 1122 Boogie Boogie Ave, that should suffice as proof of my eligibility. If states want to require a photo ID, I'm fine with that too, but they should issue and pay for it, long before an election is at hand.
Actually Maryland REQUIRES that you DO NOT show an ID of any kind. They ask you your name, address, and date of birth. I had my Government ID on a lanyard around my neck when I approached the poll. The lady asked for my name. I said is the Government ID OK or do I need to show my Maryland Drivers license. She said all she needs is my name. Then proceeded to ask the other quesitons. Never once did she look at any type of ID.

On the following Thursday we had our montly CMA meeting. There I was told by others that it is illegal in Maryland for the poll workers to check IDs. I did some further checking and found out that you only have to show your ID once somewhere between registering to vote and voting for the first time. You don't have to ever show it again after that. http://www.elections.state.md.us/vot...uirements.html

According to the National Conference of State Legislators (http://www.ncsl.org/legislatures-ele.../voter-id.aspx) there are 22 states that either do not have or do not enforce ID requirements. So only 28 states DO enforce voter ID requireements at the polls.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #314
Azdave

This voter fraud issue is a problem that doesn't!t exist. How much was spent on this and how many court cases and look at FL. A joke. You guys think millions of nobodies with no identies show up and vote over and over again. Doesn't happen. Your name, address DOB are on the log. Once you vote at that location game over. You or no one else can vote again. Suppressing 80,000 votes in FL in 2000 is something to worry about not voter fraud
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #315
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
This voter fraud issue is a problem that doesn't!t exist. How much was spent on this and how many court cases and look at FL. A joke. You guys think millions of nobodies with no identies show up and vote over and over again. Doesn't happen. Your name, address DOB are on the log. Once you vote at that location game over. You or no one else can vote again. Suppressing 80,000 votes in FL in 2000 is something to worry about not voter fraud
You can't say it doesn't exist because it does. However, it's a very small issue and Voter IDs do very little to stop it from happening. As stated, the far greater issue is election fraud. Most people mistakenly lump voter, election and registration fraud all under voter fraud which is incorrect. Election fraud is by far the greater issue.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #316
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious, but not the ignorant masses who freely empower a domestic traitor. It cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor who moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself goes unnoticed by the masses. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.” —Marcus Tullius Cicero.

So True!!

Voter fraud is rampant in America. Without it 0 would have lost for sure. Cheating comes natural to the dems. It's in their dna. Cheaters, liars, thieves, and snitches all carry the same dna. If one has any one of these traits; they have them all.

A snitch is very different than a whistle-blower in case you were wondering.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #317
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatlocker95 View Post
Actually Maryland REQUIRES that you DO NOT show an ID of any kind. They ask you your name, address, and date of birth. I had my Government ID on a lanyard around my neck when I approached the poll. The lady asked for my name. I said is the Government ID OK or do I need to show my Maryland Drivers license. She said all she needs is my name. Then proceeded to ask the other quesitons. Never once did she look at any type of ID.

On the following Thursday we had our montly CMA meeting. There I was told by others that it is illegal in Maryland for the poll workers to check IDs. I did some further checking and found out that you only have to show your ID once somewhere between registering to vote and voting for the first time. You don't have to ever show it again after that. http://www.elections.state.md.us/vot...uirements.html
I stand corrected. Still, you gotta admit that it would be hard to cheat. Presumably, once check in, they cross your name off the registration list. If someone voted for you and you showed up to vote, someone would have some splainen to do.

Again, I'm not anti-ID, just pro-do_it_well_beforehand_and_make_it_
available_&_affordable_for_everyone.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #318
Azdave

Weird how BBob and others want smaller government but are fine with all the Big Brother Republican ideas. You guys have truly lost your minds. Lets tattoo our wrists with a code and chip each person. Sound good to you. Smaller government my ass. You guys are looking to control every person and situation that does not think like you. Geri's of the right McCarthy and Hoover
2006 Jackpot sold
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Old 11-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #319
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Funny how the left is always saying the right is taking away privacy rights when the exact opposite is true. Zero signed the homeland security bill that was written and signed after the 9-11 attack. Now the left is leading the biggest intrusion of all; Email. Reading our email is the same as opening a letter from someone who sent it through the USPS in my opinion. Hopefully this will quickly go to the Supreme Court and reversed permanently.

Senate bill rewrite lets feds read your e-mail without warrants
Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #320
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Now the fed gov is inviting illegal aliens to the US and telling them how to get all these taxpayer funded benefits.

Ask not what you can do for your country; ask what your country can do for you.

Yep. The USA is officially upside down and being run by the asylum patients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement