What kind of rider are you? - Page 4 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #31
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin' View Post
I like to do Iron Butt rides. I try to pick IBA rides that have not been done on a Victory.

Some of the "first" Victory rides -
IBA - 48 States in less than 10 days - done on a Vegas
IBA - 49 States in less than 10 days - done on a Kingpin
IBA - Over 2000 miles in less than 36 hours - done on a Vision 8-Ball
IBA - UCC - Key West, FL to Prudhoe Bay, AK - done on a Vision 8-Ball

Also the first person to ride a Victory in all 50 states.

I think riding on the moon would be easy.
Thats what I'm looking forward too as well (not the moon ride but extreme riding on a Vic). After reading several Rollin trip reports I got the bug and did my first IBA SS1K back in May. Once the bug was firmly attached, I began looking at what I would like to do off the IBA web site and doing it on a Victory. Last month I completed a SS1K combined with the Tour of Honor (Virginia) hitting all 7 memorials which classified it an extreme ride. Did it on my 04 TC and had a great ride with my co-rider. From that, 5 other Vic riders completed the same ride under some extreme conditions as well. Its like a virus... lol

Looking forward to what this coming year has in store for me on my new Vision... Looking at a couple TOH rides as well as 2 extreme IBA rides...
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #32
Rollin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
Thats what I'm looking forward too as well (not the moon ride but extreme riding on a Vic). After reading several Rollin trip reports I got the bug and did my first IBA SS1K back in May. Once the bug was firmly attached, I began looking at what I would like to do off the IBA web site and doing it on a Victory. Last month I completed a SS1K combined with the Tour of Honor (Virginia) hitting all 7 memorials which classified it an extreme ride. Did it on my 04 TC and had a great ride with my co-rider. From that, 5 other Vic riders completed the same ride under some extreme conditions as well. Its like a virus... lol

Looking forward to what this coming year has in store for me on my new Vision... Looking at a couple TOH rides as well as 2 extreme IBA rides...
Congratulations on your ride! Adding stops to an IBA ride would add to the challenge.
Rollin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
kcipsirhc

Dedicated GPS units are horrible. I use my phone with Google Maps so it is up to date the instant I drive in to an area. Phone mount on the handle bar, and a nice large 4.8" screen.
kcipsirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #34
DTWOR

Planning next summers trips are what these long hard winters are for.

My rides are planned around 3 weeks vacation alloted to me by the wife,so have to make the best of them.The other 3 are used for family events although I may still ride to them.

I've reserved 2 weeks each of the last 3 summers for riding coast to coast.It's taken me 6 weeks to ride solo across all lower 48.The 3rd week's used for a casual type group ride with 4 friends although we average 3k mi. or better that week.

The Iron Butt rides are the 1st 24-36 hrs out on the flat slab across the flat lands or over some stretch of road I've been on several times.I make it a point to put on 10k mi. or better those 3 weeks.

2010: I40-I70 corridors out to Smokey Mt. Natl Park,NC coast then across to the Oregon coast.

2011: I80-I90 corridors out to Laconia NH Bikeweek, Maine,down the Eastern Sea Board to DC,Kentucky, Minn.,across to Seattle.

2012: I70,I40,I10, corridors out to Helen Ga.Victory Rally,SC coast,Fla,across to So. Cal.

2013: Alaska to Mexico,Lord willing

I use a trip planner,550 Zumo GPS(but just ordered the 350LM for improved route and map planning,my xmas gift from the kids) and have found the Harley Davidson Atlas which I used to get free but worth the $30 for mapping the best motorcycle back roads.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Windows Photo Viewer Wallpaper.jpg (58.1 KB, 4 views)
IBA #47523

Last edited by DTWOR; 11-20-2012 at 08:15 PM.
DTWOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 PM   #35
Pop

Garage

Today I took the bike to Lowes to get some more zip ties. That rats nest in the fairing is going to be brought under control directly.

It's 3.2 miles one way.
I exceeded 100 mph twice on the way there and once on the way back, for better than a mile each instance.
It took me three hours to get home with them zip ties.

Good question.
What kind of rider am I? Apparently the kind that can't even do a milk run in a respectable amount of time.

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement