Dongle confusion. - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
Micg1313
Lifetime Premium

No truer words spoken
Micg1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #12
Lostintexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pckrfan View Post
that is why the SM10 appears to be better than the Dongle according to Senas web site anyway.....
Really, unless you don't have a bluetooth GPS, MP3 player, phone, etc., or you want to hook two devices to say an MP3 player, there isn't a real reason to use a dongle.
Sounds like the set up you have there really isn't one needed. If you want the radio piped to the headset, then bring your wallet. There have been several complaints about the Vic set up FWIW, I don't have personal experience with it, but you might want to dig a bit more before you invest in something that might not up to your expectations.
Cheers
Lostintexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

I totally understand the comments. I like having options. Sometimes I like nothing but the sounds of the road and the bike. Other times I like to hear some music, or even an audio book on the long hauls.

I use the Sena SMH10's on all our helmets. It works very well. Adding the audio components of the VV is why I want the dongle.

I know how to use my headsets. Even getting a 4 way intercom going. My questions will be answered 1st hand after I have time to play with the setup along with the Dongle. BUT I was looking for some direct knowledge on its actual use with an iphone before I have to experiment.

The Sena talks about pairing the headset to the phone as a PHONE only. That works very well. All other audio functions of the phone goes out the phone speaker just like it wasn't paired to the headset at all. If I have the phone in the Bose speaker cradle in the garage, while paired to my helmet, all the non phone sounds go out the Bose speakers.

Will that functionality cross over into the iPod connection on the VV? If the audio source selection on the VV is the ipod, won't all sounds coming from the "phone" be heard on the VV's audio system?

If that is the case, doesn't the dongle then transmit that sound to my headset?

I am guessing that there isn't anyone reading through this that actually uses this thing like I am asking about. I know there are lots of ways to use it, or not to use it. That wasn't the question.

I'm sure that things will change in the future. I might end up doing something completely different when it's all said and done. Still, the Dongle will be in the bike, and I will be traveling with my Sena SMH10 on my helmet. I would like to get everything to work together.
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #14
TheMike
Lifetime Premium

A complete update:

The dongle works perfectly. All bike audio goes to my helmet.

When my phone is plugged into the iPod port, all sounds from the phone go through the bike and therefore to my headset. To include the phone's GPS commands, and iRadar audio alerts.

The phone is paired to my headset AS A PHONE ONLY. That feature is selectable via the Sena headset setup. Then the phone features (phone calls, voice commands for texting etc - which works flawlessly and easily using Siri on the iPhone) goes to the headset too.

On a side note, the Sena SMH10 works extremely well in my Shoei Neotec helmet. Cruising at 85 MPH, the caller can't tell I'm on a bike whatsoever.

Push the phone button on the Sena, say "send a message to my wife". I'd say what I want, sometimes a long message, and it transcribes perfectly.

When she responds, I say "read my last message". Then the text is read to me over the headset.

I'm having long text message conversations and never have to look at or touch the phone is huge!

Technology is great. In this case, while traveling across a very windy Kansas, the features and functionality of the bike and the Sena made the ride safe and more enjoyable.
2012 #20 NESS Vision DARKSIDE BABY!
Stage 1 w/D&D pipes + lots of Victory add ons.
PC-V w/AT, Lloyd's intake, filter, ATS, & Variable Clutch.
2013 Bushtec Entourage - See the PAINTED TO MATCH process
Wife rides a Black 2013 XCT. Lloyds HP Air Filter, PC-V & AT, 2" pullback bars

LONGMONT COLORADO
TheMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement