Exhaust recommendations - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
bigdogtx

Default Exhaust recommendations

So now the vision is on the radar for early next year,,,,,,I need some recommendations for performance upgrades.

Cost is a factor, but performance is utmost. Want to add some to the bottom end torque to allow low speed maneuvering and to be able to quickly twist the throttle and get a "set back" in the seat. Need to be able to do this while maintaining quietness in the bike.

What are my options. I had a D&D 2into1 on the VTX and it added some smiles. How are they for the Vision?

Thanks.
bigdogtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
Donzo

I have the D&Ds on my Cross Road - same motor as the Vision - They sound great and add low end pull. You are gonna love the Vic - handles and is balanced well.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
bigdogtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
I have the D&Ds on my Cross Road - same motor as the Vision - They sound great and add low end pull. You are gonna love the Vic - handles and is balanced well.
Did you have to change the fuel map or add a management system?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
Did you have to change the fuel map or add a management system?
If you're not adding a high flow air filter, you don't have to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
handyhoward

Garage

So why don't you do both in one swell foop... my fully loaded 2011 Vision Premium already has the D&D Slash cut exhaust... runs super and is for sale @$17,500.

2013 Indian Vintage Chief FE... #7 of 25

2011 Victory Vision Tour Premium...
handyhoward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
bigdogtx

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyhoward View Post
So why don't you do both in one swell foop... my fully loaded 2011 Vision Premium already has the D&D Slash cut exhaust... runs super and is for sale @$17,500.
If it was late January,,,,,,I would be on my way to FL.....

Did you do the extended warranty? Pardon my ignorance, but what came with the "premium" package?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
Did you do the extended warranty? Pardon my ignorance, but what came with the "premium" package?
Howard has a good lookin ride with the bennies... If I was to buy used, I was shooting for a 2010 or 2011 for the upgrades.
There are still some new 2011 out there as well. I picked up a sweet deal on a new 2011 out of GA with a 2yr/5yr Engine/Tranny warranty premium tour, the 4.9 intrest and all the rebates..

As for performance, picked up Lloydz 2nd air filter, drilled the exterior of the muffler with 7 1/2" hole (which leaves the inner baffle in tact, some do the opposite) and wow. The bike has a great rumble, minimal popping (no fuel controller) and will set you back in the seat. If I had the money laying around, would do the Cams and pick up the D&D's but I don't. Im still maintaining 42-48mpg and I don't baby it. Biggest fear is enjoying the rollout of the motor and not paying attention to the boys in blue...

Keep us posted when you get ready to buy. If someone here aint selling their's, we may know someone.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va

Last edited by Tims_04V92TC; 12-07-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
atvtinker

Garage

Well I would recommend the CFR exhaust but they no longer sell them from what I can tell. Bought mine a few years back. They have a nice low rumble and don't really add much to the low end, but do help with the upper end making it a little easier with the roll ons. There are several that have found ways to modify the stock exhaust and get good results. You just have to research them a little.
'08 Midnight Cherry Victory Vision Tour Premium, CFR Exhausts, Gustaffson Flip Shield, Baker Air Wings, Lloyds' 1/4 turn throttle, Arizona Victory Highway peg mounts, DDM HID lights, LED Turn and Brake lights.
atvtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement