check out this upgrade!!!!! - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 10-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #21
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Happens View Post
Hey fishslapr, does that top peice just cover whats there, or does that become the cap with threads and all...
The top glues to the existing cap.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riding: 2011 Cross Roads & 2015 Chieftain
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #22
fishslapr

yeah, what ^^^he^^^ said...

$83 covers shipping & paypal fees. I have a couple of the black in stock.

thanks Crossroads!!

2011 Crossroads
2003 Honda XR650L
fishslapr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #23
Sundog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter View Post
put some electrical tape around the resvoir to thicken it up a bit then slide the chrome cover over it ,it will fit nice and tight no more moving around.
Thanks for the tip. Electric tape causes it to fit snug. Really dresses things up. $'s well spent!
Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
sixshooter_45

Garage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
I also bought a resevoir cover and cap from Witchdoctors. The sleeve is very loose around the resevoir even with the cap on. How did you fix that? Silicone????
You could also use open cell foam with a sticky back say 1/8 inch in thickness four little pieces two at top and two at bottom approximately 180 apart.

I'll be purchasing one of the black covers soon and I'll see how good it works because I think I have some of that open cell foam lying around just that size.

Blue Thunder Garage!

Color: Boardwalk Blue; list of accessories.

Last edited by sixshooter_45; 11-21-2012 at 06:39 PM.
sixshooter_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
T-man
Lifetime Premium

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
Yep, I just want to chime in here. That POS reservoir really is an insult. There are some other slap in the face geegaws on these things. I just don't get it. This isn't a Zookie dirter for the kid, or a eastern bloc knock off of a western euro boxer. It's a first world luxury motorcycle. If Victory is compelled to incorporate a urine cup into the product, at least hide the damn thing. I wouldn't have batted an eye at another 100 bucks or 500 for that matter to just bury some of that stuff. Some other American motorcycle manufacturers think that their brake reservoirs are ugly enough to merit a cover standard equipment, and those reservoirs are painted metal... and they still cover them.
I mean it's not like we're not going to spend money on these things. Do they think we need additional incentive? I can just hear some bright boy in a marketing huddle "hell, why don't we just put 30 dollar Pep Boys China tires on it. The customer can buy decent rubber after the sale."
At the very least I wish they would consider curb appeal from closer than 10 feet away. I know my buds will be wowed by the power and the goodies but they will run me like a Kentucky mule over things like that Walmart fluid res.
I guess the good news is that Polaris has created a condition for me to improve that will result in more than just modifying for mod sake. There will be a payoff that is more than just swapping out perfectly good parts for other perfectly good parts. I will see real improvement and so will anyone with a discerning eye, and I haven't even started about that Radio Shack wet dream hanging off of the handlebars.
Actually, the brake res. is of high quality, not being hidden out of site or chrome plated steel does not make it a pos. Hiding it out of site must make it a joy to service. If it had a tendency to fail, that would make it a pos, JMHO.
2001 TTR-125 Yamaha
1991 Honda NT650 Hawk (crashed,repaired,sold)
1982 GPZ 550 Kawasaki (sold)
1980 GS 750E Suzuki (crashed,repaired,sold)
1972 Schwinn Paperboy (stolen)
Tricycle 1960
Born 1957

Last edited by T-man; 11-22-2012 at 12:38 PM.
T-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement