I mourn for my country - Page 41 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-21-2012, 07:00 PM   #401
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
As far as working hard, yes, I think the ones who work in the fields to harvest food do work hard and believe there should be a documented guest worker program so they don't have to steal their way here and live in the shadows while they are here. Then, between seasons, they can go back home to be with their families without having to spend a small fortune to the Coyote's to bring them over. That money can go toward making a better life for themselves in their own country. If they obey the law and go home like they are supposed to; I don't see a problem. I also think they should get paid better and have some kind of living arrangements so they can be with their countrymen while they are here. Of course if they break the law and stay; then they can never go back on the list to do this and should be considered illegal and not allowed back in. Not that it would stop anyone with the open borders we now have.

Now, the 80% of illegals collecting some form of taxpayer subsidy is a another subject entirely, that I'm sure you are aware of.
I agree with much of what you said until the last part. Most numbers I've seen are around 60% for the country as a whole. Are you aware that illegal immigrants also pay in tens of billions of dollars in taxes every year in the country? And with no refund as well for fear of being caught? While the numbers may not wash each other out, that's a side of things many forget to include.
ALStensby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 07:03 PM   #402
Lance
Premium Member

If you haven't read Ron Paul's final address to Congress it's a pretty good, but long, analysis of what we've become. Don't have the link but it would be easy to find.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #403
8BallHammer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
I didn't even know he had a MC endorsement!

I'd like to see him in a pencil thin mustache
I still like this comment.
And pencil thin moustache is a Buffett song
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #404
8BallHammer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Actually, it was something Thomas Jefferson brought up and was very fond of. Perhaps you're familiar with him? If he was a liberal or not, I do not know. Nor do I much care.

As for it being in the Constitution, it would appear that way to someone incapable of critical thinking. However, if you actually comprehend the intent of both the Establishment and Free Exercise Clauses of the First Amendment, then it's obvious. This is why it's been cited over and over and over again by the SCOTUS. The phrase "separation of church and state" is a simplification of things for those less intelligent.
Yep the idiotic libs poked a lot of fun at Sarah when she said it wasn't in the Constitution. And she challenged to show her where it actually says this. You Dipsticks tried to make her a laughing stock, while you get Joe Bi(nla)den.
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

Old 11-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #405
8BallHammer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
While agree that more often than not, someone not wanting to present ID is "up to no-good", that is not the point. The point is it is NOT required by law, nor should it be. It infringes on one's basic freedoms. If one chooses to use one to make their life easier, then so be it. But requiring it is a different story.
If this man ( A known terrorist) came from Iran, and entered our country through Canada with a bomb strapped to himself and killed YOUR family member, would you not be pissed that he was carrying no ID? Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you do not have to identify yourself. THAT is NOT a right.

I know that's a stretch, but what if.....
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #406
8BallHammer

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbob View Post
i didn't know you were skinny sb.

Learn something new everyday.

Now, the 80% of illegals collecting some form of taxpayer subsidy is a another subject entirely, that i'm sure you are aware of.
and how !!!!!!
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 PM   #407
Azdave

8 were you more fun and easy going when you were smoking pot?

Where did I ever say you hated hippies. My reference was to Jesus and your response to him dressed as he did.

No cell phone? iPad??
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #408
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BallHammer View Post
Yep the idiotic libs poked a lot of fun at Sarah when she said it wasn't in the Constitution. And she challenged to show her where it actually says this. You Dipsticks tried to make her a laughing stock, while you get Joe Bi(nla)den.
The only idiots are the ones who feel it needs to be literally stated for it to not be a part of it. If you're familiar with the First Amendment, it is in there in more verbose language. Again, "separation of church and state" is a simplification for those who lack intelligence. As for Palin vs Biden, about the only thing that separated those two is that Palin isn't bad to look at. Aside from that? Both pretty useless IMO.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #409
ALStensby

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BallHammer View Post
If this man ( A known terrorist) came from Iran, and entered our country through Canada with a bomb strapped to himself and killed YOUR family member, would you not be pissed that he was carrying no ID? Nowhere in the Constitution does it say you do not have to identify yourself. THAT is NOT a right.

I know that's a stretch, but what if.....
A stretch is putting it mildly. Him having an ID would do nothing in such a situation to stop it from happening. No different than having an ID stops your average joe (legal or otherwise) from killing someone in a more conventional manner.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #410
ndabunka

Default Romney sings his concession speech..

This was just TOO GOOD to let it slip by. Submitted for the entertainment factor but there may be some reality here too...
http://www.youtube.com/user/schmoyoh...e=results_main

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement