fast idle is not working - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 11-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #1
cjanicke

Garage
Default fast idle is not working

The fast idle control is not working on the hammer premium. Is this a cable or a switch?. I know it should be covered by warranty, but I'm to far from dealer if it is an easy fix. Anybody got ideas to fix this? It won't start up very well in the cooler temps. 2007 hammer premium.
cjanicke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Tarzan
Lifetime Premium

It is a cable. It should have 1/8 to 1/4" freeplay at the lever.
It is outlined in the service manual.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
cjanicke

Garage

do you know where the cable adjuster is? Is it down at the fuel injection? I don't have a service manual.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and thanks.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
The Wolf

If you dont already do this, try having the handlebars turned all the way left when you use it. I believe that puts a little more tension on the cable and may help until you can find the adjustment for it.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:27 AM   #5
Trvshonda

Cable adjuster is on the thrttle body under the tank. Have you had the housing apart for any reason before it started this? I know getting the cable and the plastic lever all back in place is a major pain in the a$$ and if its not right then the lever will not pull the throttle body open like normal. I would make sure that is all right before i pulled the tank to adjust it under there. Also wouldnt hurt to clean your throttle body out if you pull the tank. My 06 jackpot seems to get alittle hard starting every 3000 miles or so and its always due to alittle bit of black carbon build up on the bores and alittle on the butter fly flaps. Once i clean the throttle body i dont ever need the high idle lever she just fires right up super easy. Just alittle something to look into.
RPW Swept pipes

2013 red blacked out cross country
High, low HID kit
Ness grips
Ness Rad III mirrors
Noemtz Thunder Monster exhaust
Lloydz air filter
PCV
VM1 Cams done by Rylan @ The Vic Shop
lloydz timing wheel
Trvshonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
visionjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjanicke View Post
do you know where the cable adjuster is? Is it down at the fuel injection? I don't have a service manual.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and thanks.
Do a search here for a service manual and down load it to your computer. There are plenty manuals here.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
cjanicke

Garage

I haven't touched anything on the bike. I got it in September and it was still brand new so either something wasn't quite right from the beginning or something gummed up from sitting over the last 5 years. The lever hasn't worked since I have had it. Thanks for ideas. I will check the cable first. I will pack up and have it fixed under warranty if it is much more involved. I'm sure I could do it, but it might be a good time to take the wife shopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement