Drilling ??? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vegas Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #1
HoodsBackVegas

Default Drilling ???

Sorry if this is rehashing old posts.. I ride with a couple guys and they too have victory's, they keep insisting removing my baffels.. First off and for most i have the 2 into 1 stage 1 kit,filter and flash..is there that much of a sound difference? also i dont want to do more damage then good, for years people been removing baffels out of everything with a motor and exhaust.. so if ts a HD to a Mustang to your kids go kart its been done and people always swear by it.. I guess what im trying to ask is whatis the + side to doing it..
2009 Vegas,Stage 1 Flash, Bassani Pro Street Turn Outs,Arlen Ness 12" Modular Bars,Arlen Ness Smooth Fusion Grips,Victory HID,Side Mount Custom Plate Bracket and Frame,Arlen Ness 2" Rear Speeding Bullets,1.5'' lowering links...

Cherry/pearl white.

Chicopee Ma. 01020
HoodsBackVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Honestly; just a louder sound. I've heard of people drilling holes in the 2-2 mufflers but not the 2-1. Maybe someone else can chime in about those.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
visionjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsBackVegas View Post
Sorry if this is rehashing old posts.. I ride with a couple guys and they too have victory's, they keep insisting removing my baffels.. First off and for most i have the 2 into 1 stage 1 kit,filter and flash..is there that much of a sound difference? also i dont want to do more damage then good, for years people been removing baffels out of everything with a motor and exhaust.. so if ts a HD to a Mustang to your kids go kart its been done and people always swear by it.. I guess what im trying to ask is whatis the + side to doing it..
If your baffle is bolted in un bolt it an see what you think. It will be three times as loud compaired to now.
You will loose some performance but you might not fell it.
Just cause your Buddys do it doesn't mean you have to.
Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
browneye

Default Stage 1 2into1

I love this exhaust, I have been running mine for a couple of years. I have been slowly modifying the baffle."Loud pipes save lives. I have mentioned here somewhere that when you use the keyed allenhead to remove the tip and baffle the baffle has a huge cone that directs exhaust through a 3/4 in hole to get through to the rest of the baffle...if you remove it with an angle grinder gently if you dont like it you can spot weld it back, with no losses. the next step was removing the catalyst in the head pipes. this produced by far the best flow increase(obviously). I have also removed more but most should probably stop here because little mods from here make straight pipes with power loss. Hope this helps if interested I will get some pics tomorrow.

1978 Harley FXE B@$TERD Shovel:mad:
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
psysapper

I took a gamble and drilled my stock pipes. No regrets so far. There's a slightly better sound and better punch, feels more aggressive.The asthmatic whistle persists and I put this down to a) the stock can's small exit diameters and/or b) the gas flow through the cats.
There are two baffle plates approx 1"ish apart, I only meant to drill one but, well you know. I also joined a series of holes so have an irregular shape, I'm going to try a hole-saw to improve this. I've contemplated doing the same to the end plate then I could adapt my own baffles.
So far the only intake mod is a stock air vent on the L) side of the air-box (got the right, just have to drill & stick it)...haven't even gotten around to a FCM yet. I just wanted it sound better, louder without being offensive. As for performance,it can already pull stumps out of the ground.
Advertisement