Klockwerks cracked - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Ace22

Okay, to bring up an old thread. I have just over 2,000 miles and low and behold I have a crack on the upper left mount of the Klockwerks shield. Called dealer and I also called Klockwerks direct. Klockwerks says they have nothing to do with it and don't even stock it since it is through Victory, was told that I must go direct through dealer. No big deal, but I know how these things work...dealer calls Victory, we all wait a long time and maybe, just maybe they will cover it. I really think it is bad that Klockwerks is washing their hands of it.

To those of you who have had it replaced....what was the timeframe and process? I plan on an extended ride this weekend and I can almost watch the crack getting bigger. Would be nice to not have to worry about it. Thanks
Klockwerks.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #12
slickvic
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
Okay, to bring up an old thread. I have just over 2,000 miles and low and behold I have a crack on the upper left mount of the Klockwerks shield. Called dealer and I also called Klockwerks direct. Klockwerks says they have nothing to do with it and don't even stock it since it is through Victory, was told that I must go direct through dealer. No big deal, but I know how these things work...dealer calls Victory, we all wait a long time and maybe, just maybe they will cover it. I really think it is bad that Klockwerks is washing their hands of it.

To those of you who have had it replaced....what was the timeframe and process? I plan on an extended ride this weekend and I can almost watch the crack getting bigger. Would be nice to not have to worry about it. Thanks
Attachment 7786
I bought mine from Kate at Honda east and she responded quickly and I had a new shield (warranteed) with in a 10 day turn around.
Klockwerks has since fixed the issue with better hardware but since you can only buy these shields from a Victory dealer, That is the route you have to take. The original batch had mount issues.
2011 Cross Country. D&D's wrapped, VM1DR cams, PC5, LLoyds high performance filter and ATS (Adjustable Timing system) Power output 115HP/115FTLBS tuned by KMC. Klock Werks flip shield, RFPBR300x4 amp, JL Audio 6.5's, HMD Black Pull Backs with Victory performance grips. PIAA Led3 driving lights. accessories from Arlen ness, Witch Doctors, Noemtz Designs.
slickvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
gregbenner

Since Klockwerks won't stand behind them directly, i am surprised they let their name be associated with it.

Interesting business decision

You might want to try a Cee Bailey's?
2007 Harley Dyna
1976 BMW R75/5
1971 BSA Lightning
1947 Harley 45
gregbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #14
Creek_IP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbenner View Post
Since Klockwerks won't stand behind them directly, i am surprised they let their name be associated with it.

Interesting business decision

You might want to try a Cee Bailey's?
I was told by a parts manager that Victory contracted with Klockwerks in such a manner that only VIC can sell the shields. "IF" that's true, I understand why Klockwerks won't deal directly with the customer. (IF that's true)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #15
ndabunka

Klockwerks DOES stand behind their products but they don't distribute them DIRECTLY themselves. Rather, Victory has an agreement with the Klocks to market them to their customers. THAT is why you HAVE to go back to the dealer that sold you the product to get a replacement just the same as ANY product that came through a dealer.

If you think about it, this is the most efficient and logical way for ANY small company to operate. The dealer networks as a collective have FAR more resources to look at, and to troubleshoot issues. If you mounted it correctly when you got it your local dealer can assess that installation whereas a representative from Klockwerks across a telephone line would have a difficult time doing that same process and they are not about to send someone out to inspect individual wind shields for a product that sells for less than $200.

As for replacement duration... That depends almost SOLELY on your dealer. As you have seen here, most get them in less than 10 days. It only took me about 2 days to get my replacement because the dealer I bought mine through had one in stock in their warehouse so they shipped me the replacement unit and I returned the cracked on in the same box.

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
sixshooter_45

Garage
Talking

I'm glad I came across this thread as I just installed my Victory Klockworkz flip windshield and it only came with one rubber and metal washer for each bolt. I'll go to the hardware store for some more soon...

I'll probably go with a little larger rubber and metal washer all the way around as it seems that the drilled holes in the windshield were too big as the rubber washer would almost fall through the hole if you weren't paying close attention.

This may be why some are cracking also. Those drilled holes are way to big.

Blue Thunder Garage!

Color: Boardwalk Blue; list of accessories.

Last edited by sixshooter_45; 08-28-2012 at 11:05 PM.
sixshooter_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
catroadman

My is cracked a lot more than that. Going to head to the dealer I bought the bike and the windshield from and see what they. If I know my local dealer I will be told too bad on my end or it was installed wrong. Guess we will see.
catroadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #18
ChuglyXJ

Any more info and details on the cracking? My second Klockwerks just cracked at the same spot as the 1st, in about the same time frame. This one the dealership installed so they could make sure it was done by spec, they have heard of others cracking but had not had any return to them until mine. I got just under a month out of use and about a thousand miles before they cracked. Bottom left bolt heading down and left away from the mount.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #19
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Think will pass on Klock Werks as a shield option ...
Old 11-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #20
wspollack

For what it's worth:

I bought my XCT new in January (I saw the crate), and picked it up from the dealer in March. The dealer installed the Klock Werks Flare for me (in March, after I called to tell him that the snow was on its way out -- would he please put the bike together in the next two weeks), free of labor charge (I ordered the Flare when I bought the bike), because the bikes don't come with any windshield installed, so he had to put one on, anyway.

I put 8,600 miles on the bike since then, and no cracks are present or, from what I can tell, starting.

I just went out to the garage and took some pics, and attached is one of the clearer ones. It appears that there are two rubber washers underneath a metal washer in each of the four holes. You'll also see a reflection of this stack; I have no idea what's on the other side, i.e., behind the fairing mounts, and no immediate plans to take the fairing off (again). Peeking down the inside of the Flare, there doesn't appear to be anything between the Flare and the dash mount area.

I vaguely recall snugging these up once this year, and that the bolts weren't loose, so that I didn't really need to have bothered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-23-17-54-13.jpg (44.6 KB, 13 views)

Bill P.

2012 XCT: HeliBars; 11" Madstad windshield & brackets; Rivco LED mirrors; Doran TPMS; Stebel horn; Motolights; CustomLED trunk flasher; KewlHeel shifter; CycleOps trunk rack; BeadRider seat; Vibranator bar ends; Passenger grab handles; Powerlet outlets; Handlebar RAM mount; RicZ laydown license-plate holder; Brukus SaddlebagSecure; 14" flexible antenna; RAM cupholder on trunk; shock Schrader valve relocation.

Gallery: http://www.billanddot.com/victory-xct/

Last edited by wspollack; 11-23-2012 at 08:09 PM.
wspollack is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement