Klockwerks cracked - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #21
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuglyXJ View Post
Any more info and details on the cracking? My second Klockwerks just cracked at the same spot as the 1st, in about the same time frame. This one the dealership installed so they could make sure it was done by spec, they have heard of others cracking but had not had any return to them until mine. I got just under a month out of use and about a thousand miles before they cracked. Bottom left bolt heading down and left away from the mount.
That's where mine cracked too. I returned it for a refund and got something else.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
Okay, to bring up an old thread. I have just over 2,000 miles and low and behold I have a crack on the upper left mount of the Klockwerks shield. Called dealer and I also called Klockwerks direct. Klockwerks says they have nothing to do with it and don't even stock it since it is through Victory, was told that I must go direct through dealer. No big deal, but I know how these things work...dealer calls Victory, we all wait a long time and maybe, just maybe they will cover it. I really think it is bad that Klockwerks is washing their hands of it.

To those of you who have had it replaced....what was the timeframe and process? I plan on an extended ride this weekend and I can almost watch the crack getting bigger. Would be nice to not have to worry about it. Thanks
Just a point or two of clarification. KlockWerks biult these for Victory and recommended/specified a different mounting method that ...Victory decided against. We don't know why they decided against it but in the end, Victory is on the hook since these are sourced through the dealer channel. In any case, all that cracked previously were replaced (I got one of the first). The updated mounting solution was (again) Victory's determination continuing to pass up KlockWerks recommendations. So, can;t really blame KW for their stance now, can we?

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
tommyarmour
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Just a point or two of clarification. KlockWerks biult these for Victory and recommended/specified a different mounting method that ...Victory decided against. We don't know why they decided against it but in the end, Victory is on the hook since these are sourced through the dealer channel. In any case, all that cracked previously were replaced (I got one of the first). The updated mounting solution was (again) Victory's determination continuing to pass up KlockWerks recommendations. So, can;t really blame KW for their stance now, can we?
Hey ndabunka,

How many miles have you had your KW windshield on without a crack?
2013 Metallic Flamed XC, D&D exhaust, Lloyds High Flow Filter, Lloyds Idle Air Valve, Lloyds Adjustable Timing gear, PC5, Auto-Tune. VM1 cams. JL Audio M400/4, Polk's MM651's and MM691's. Gorilla Bagger Bars, 6x9 saddlebag lids, 21" WitchDoctor Revolver wheel. Too many extra's to list!!!!

2006 Victory Hammer 106 Stroker kit, lloyds Torque Tubes, Bassani 2 into 1 exhaust, PC3. "Traded for 13' XC"
tommyarmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #24
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyarmour View Post
Hey ndabunka,

How many miles have you had your KW windshield on without a crack?
I'd have to check but I believe it's around 8,000 or 9,000 miles now (about a year and a half). I just took it off to try out the Madstadt and it doesn't show any signs of cracking. I had spoken directly with Brian Klock who designed and sells them to Victory and he gave me some good insight into why some had experienced the cracking (like I did on my original that was replaced under warranty). It's been a year and a half since then and around 9K miles.

PS - I DID use the multiple rubber washer recommendations from Victory in that period so they DO work even if they are a bit "cumbersome" to get on when mounting it per Victory's (updated) factory specs

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs, Ness Radius laydown license, Chrome CAM Tension Covers, Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Opener, Victory Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, Küryakyn Upper Fork Shrouds, Küryakyn Lower Fork Covers, Power Commander V Tuner

Last edited by ndabunka; 11-26-2013 at 02:10 PM.
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #25
dtmmil
Premium Member

Ive got 14,000 with mine and still good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
dtmmil
Premium Member

I dont believe the cracking is a real structural problem, if you get a crack the shield is not going to explode or anything. I know a guy running a different shield on a different bike with cracks by all the holes, been like that for several years.

de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
Hawley MN(sold)
Old 11-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
tommyarmour
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Well that's all good info. PHEW

So using multiple rubber washer's is a good idea? Like 2 rubber washers on the screw side and one on the glass side per hole? Or just one on each side?
2013 Metallic Flamed XC, D&D exhaust, Lloyds High Flow Filter, Lloyds Idle Air Valve, Lloyds Adjustable Timing gear, PC5, Auto-Tune. VM1 cams. JL Audio M400/4, Polk's MM651's and MM691's. Gorilla Bagger Bars, 6x9 saddlebag lids, 21" WitchDoctor Revolver wheel. Too many extra's to list!!!!

2006 Victory Hammer 106 Stroker kit, lloyds Torque Tubes, Bassani 2 into 1 exhaust, PC3. "Traded for 13' XC"
Old 11-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #28
dtmmil
Premium Member

Just follow the directions, install all the bolts loosely then tighten all 4, dont install one then tighten then try to install more.

Hawley MN(sold)
Old 11-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #29
tommyarmour
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmmil View Post
Just follow the directions, install all the bolts loosely then tighten all 4, dont install one then tighten then try to install more.

That's using some good common sense.

Old 11-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #30
dtmmil
Premium Member

9yrs in assembling wheel loaders, nothing fits right so you cant tighten anything till its all together! haha

Hawley MN(sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement