I mourn for my country - Page 43 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 11-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #421
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BallHammer View Post
They also pay into Social Security and never collect either, so where in the world does all of that go???
To the DoD. That's why Al Gore told ya he'd stick it in a lock box, but you voted for a rootin tootin Bush who funded his crusades with "emergency funds," likely right off the top of SSI...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #422
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Sounds like they are lobbying for an exemption to me. In the end, the kids have to have the same number of credits to graduate, so the college will either have to hire a whole bunch more part time instructors or bite the bullet and pay for the ones they've got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
"You know, comrades," says Stalin, "that I think in regard to this: I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this who will count the votes, and how."
Yes B, providing healthcare to your citizens is just like slaughtering them. Time for your afternoon meds now...
Old 11-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #423
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Yes B, providing healthcare to your citizens is just like slaughtering them. Time for your afternoon meds now...
"Providing healthcare to your citizens", as if 'government' is some 'other' entity. Gov't is "The People" and THEIR money, and for YOU and ME to be forced pay for the healthcare of several other people is simply gov't sanctioned robbery...

I can't afford to pay for somebody else's healthcare, I can barely afford MY life and MY bills...

We need a leader who sees self-reliance as a positive trait, one that is promoted to the needy masses.. not a leader who sees the needy as a permanent and growing underclass that can be manipulated to keep them in power...

I'm all for very temporary gov't help to the most needy until they can WORK for themselves, but this gov't, has no intention of getting them to work and shrinking that underclass, rather they want to grow it to further their end of massive gov't in charge of EVERYTHING and people dependent of them.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #424
HBJackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
"Providing healthcare to your citizens", as if 'government' is some 'other' entity. Gov't is "The People" and THEIR money, and for YOU and ME to be forced pay for the healthcare of several other people is simply gov't sanctioned robbery...

I can't afford to pay for somebody else's healthcare, I can barely afford MY life and MY bills...

We need a leader who sees self-reliance as a positive trait, one that is promoted to the needy masses.. not a leader who sees the needy as a permanent and growing underclass that can be manipulated to keep them in power...

I'm all for very temporary gov't help to the most needy until they can WORK for themselves, but this gov't, has no intention of getting them to work and shrinking that underclass, rather they want to grow it to further their end of massive gov't in charge of EVERYTHING and people dependent of them.
My dear friend Lance, I regret to inform you that you have no idea what you are talking about. You have been paying for the uninsured all along. And that will stop under ACA. The healthy invincibles will have to buy health insurance just like everyone else, so you won't have to pay their $100,000+ medical bill when they wreck their bike. Remember "personal responsibility" that you used to be so fond of? That's what ACA is. Tell me again why you are against people buying insurance rather than you paying for their care?

Think for yourself, turn off the radio please. And no I am not an enemy of the state, put the AK down.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #425
Azdave

Strange I heard some of my righty buddies bitching about super store Sandy's victims that they were uninsured or not properly insured. Same thing hey say about people not having auto insurance. They even pass laws to force people to buy auto insurance. I can never really figure out the stances they take
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 PM   #426
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Sounds like they are lobbying for an exemption to me. In the end, the kids have to have the same number of credits to graduate, so the college will either have to hire a whole bunch more part time instructors or bite the bullet and pay for the ones they've got.

Exemptions are over with. Everyone will have to play or pay. Please try to keep up.

How noble of you. Are you personally going to pay for all this or should we just continue to borrow money until the entire country becomes just like CA, IL, NY, MA, and our good friends, the Greeks.

Where does the money come from besides robbing Medicare of half its funding? It sounds like you are quite alright with throwing the seniors and disabled under the bus as long as we provide HC for, uh, who was that exactly? The poor were already covered under medicaid so who was it that we are so desperately trying to cover other than those with pre-existing conditions. I agree with finding a way to cover that group by the way and so do the Republican's in office right now.

So who is in this group? Illegals? Those who are young and/or between poor and middle class in income? Who exactly?

By the way, when you insult someone like that it's like saying, "you win".
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #427
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJackson View Post
My dear friend Lance, I regret to inform you that you have no idea what you are talking about. You have been paying for the uninsured all along. And that will stop under ACA. The healthy invincibles will have to buy health insurance just like everyone else, so you won't have to pay their $100,000+ medical bill when they wreck their bike. Remember "personal responsibility" that you used to be so fond of? That's what ACA is. Tell me again why you are against people buying insurance rather than you paying for their care?

Think for yourself, turn off the radio please. And no I am not an enemy of the state, put the AK down.
Has it occurred to you guys that companies are laying off or cutting hours because the ACA was poorly written and barely thought out. All the dim special interests wrote their own part and then they just threw it all together. If ever there was a bill that should have never been passed; this one is it.

Has it occurred to you guys that it would never have passed as a tax and that is exactly what it is. A huge tax hike on everyone except those who don't make enough to pay taxes. But it will affect them too eventually. Those costs will be passed along to the consumer and everybody will get hit with it. For most people it will be a double hit in their wallets.

You think people are pissed now. Wait till they see their tax bill. Wait till you see yours. Oh wait. You guys are more than willing to give all your money to the gov so they can re-distribute it as they see fit because everyone knows the gov is better at spending your money than you are.

Silly me. Whatever was I thinking...

Last edited by BBob; 11-23-2012 at 11:52 PM.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:39 PM   #428
Lance
Premium Member

Quote:

I'm certain this plan will work just fine, add millions to the healthcare system, make sure the poorest don't pay anything and the poor pay more than they can afford... you should turn up the radio to a channel that talks about how well such socialized medical systems are working throughout the world... you want to be just like them? You aren't paying attention.
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 AM   #429
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
If that's your perspective then everything gov't does is robbery. Oddly, you don't complain about the gazillions of dollars spent by the defense industry to both rile up then eliminate a handful of religious exuberants, but saving money by allowing a poor person to seek the help of an inexpensive primary care provider instead of expensive ERs is Communism. Besides being easily susceptible to BS, you're not to good with a calculator.

Quote:
We need a leader who sees self-reliance as a positive trait
Be your own leader. When you need heart surgery, go down to Lowes and by an axe and some tubing. You can use Weedeater string to sew yourself back together when you're finished.

Quote:
I'm all for very temporary gov't help to the most needy until they can WORK for themselves,
Life is temporary, you'll have to narrow your definition a little. And some people simply will never be able to work for themselves. Are you for letting them starve? "It's the Darwinian thing to do." Think that's the pitch your next candidate will make to the Evangelicals?
Old 11-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #430
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
What's this? Lance shoots a commie gun?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement