2nd post and mod question - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Rules and New Members Introductions

Old 11-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Fire Fighter View Post
So just for info, if you cut more off does it get louder????

Quest # 2. I have read about some strip on the airfilter assembly. I do have a stage 1 hi flow air filter apparently, so is this cheap mod applicable to me or not?? if so can someone please explain HOW and WHAT it will do pls.

Quest # 3, I have also read about disconnect of O2 sensor at the wire connector, I have found these , a little tucked away and fiddly but found them, so should i disconnect, What benefit would it give me, and Where do you stash the ends afterwards??

I think that is all my questions at the moment but am very new to all this and to be honest have always got someone else to do the work, but enjoying having a go and so far results are vastly exceeding my humble expectations.

Again thank you to my new friends and Mentors.
You are quite welcome. I learned it from someone else and you will probably get a chance to pass what you have learned on to someone else at some point.

I can't say for sure if you cut more off it will get louder but I think it will. I did not do it the way I said. I just cut about 2-3 inches off right from the start. I wish I had just cut an inch or 1.5 inches to start with so I would have something to compare it to. I'd leave it the way it is for a while so you can decide whether you would like it louder.

Yes. There is a sound strip that looks like window gasket for a house right along the front under the tank. You can pull the tank completely and you will see it just pulls out or you can take out the two bolts and ground strap bolt and lift it up bit to see if you can reach in through the front and pull it. Be very careful about not putting any weight on the gas nipple under the back of the tank. It breaks very easily and replacement is expensive.

You might be able to reach under the front to see if you can feel a soft rubber thing. If so; it's still in there. Otherwise someone pulled it when putting in the air filter. Removing it will definitely gain you horsepower.

If you have the Stage 1 flash and it runs good; I would leave it alone and not disconnect the 02 sensors except for maybe during the hottest part of the Summer if you feel like the engine is getting too hot. Just tuck the wires out of the way the best you can or maybe use a zip tie to hold it out of sight.

Last edited by BBob; 11-24-2012 at 12:35 AM.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement